frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Mayweather/Pacman biggest hype since Delahoya/Trinidad

Anybody see this happening, where this fight doesn't live up to expectation with one guy running around all day and not fully engaging the other..

Delahoya and Trinidad were both undefeated going into that match and were the class of the light weights at the of the 90's. Only thing I remember was two dudes too scared to lose, with Trinidad winning because they had to pick a winner.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL I don't see them fighting anytime soon!!

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

man wtf happened to boxing its gone down the shitter most ppl dont even know who the heavy weight champ is anymore

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mayweather wants no part of Pac-Man

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

why should either rush it, they are both making a ton of cash fighting guys past their prime. Both have fought De la Hoya, Hatton and Mosely for big pay and easy wins.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mosley is fighting JUST for checks now he knows the end is near cashed the over prop and will be cashing the next few overs shane is just trying to survive and not get hurt.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    why should either rush it, they are both making a ton of cash fighting guys past their prime. Both have fought De la Hoya, Hatton and Mosely for big pay and easy wins.
    Exactly. I finally realized that this fight will never happen. By fighting each other one of them will lose tarnishing their reputation and neither wants to lose to the other guy. Also if they fight each other it will be the biggest payday lets say 50 million. So they fight twice for 100 million or they can fight 3 bums past their prime and make the same amount with absolutely no risk. It would be silly to fight each other.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

I'll tell you one thing.... I want my $65 refunded from Saturday Night because that PacMan/Mosley "fight" was BS. They had an agreement to go the distance and make some $$. It's pathetic. Boxing is a joke with these clowns pulling this $hit.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Just like I said, its a joke to wait for this type of event & not have one of the guys even show up to fight, just stupid & thats why boxing suffers

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I refuse to order any boxing ppv until this happens..saturday was the 1st pac fight I did not get in a while...i'm boycotting

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

I lost a ton of respect for Shane last Saturday. He was clearly in there only to receive a check. He talks this big game of going out and fighting to win, and shocking the world. It was a pathetic performance. Id expect this type of shenanigans from some youngster maybe..but not Sugar Shane

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Another angle if the first one is epic, which I doubt you can have a 2nd and 3rd fight.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by OneLossParlayGuy View Post
    I lost a ton of respect for Shane last Saturday. He was clearly in there only to receive a check. He talks this big game of going out and fighting to win, and shocking the world. It was a pathetic performance. Id expect this type of shenanigans from some youngster maybe..but not Sugar Shane
    yeah, Shane really though twice before engaging Pacquiao after nearly getting KO in the 3rd. He was like, I rather run around a still get paid verses getting my @ss beat for nothing.

K2daL
    K2daL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

BOxing is dying...MMA is the future. Having said that i dont think this fight will ever happen.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Yay Pad Fighting!

St8Ca$homie
    St8Ca$homie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jmush View Post
    I refuse to order any boxing ppv until this happens..saturday was the 1st pac fight I did not get in a while...i'm boycotting
    Im w/ ya bud. Until theres an actual fight that MEANS something **** this BS! Why the **** should i spend almost $70 for ... for what? I didnt order that last fight , the Boxing fan wants to sooo bad. My better judgement won out though. I mean Shane , yea who really thought he was going to really try and win the fight , i saw that coming a mile away. But Pac , **** man i had so much respect for you but wtf was that. I mean you have a fuckin dead man in front of you and you go 12 w/ a fuckin senior , Mosley can get on the Bus for a fuckin nickel. This is just some BS and the worst thing is theres sooo many great young fighters out there but nobody to promote them. Boxing is so fuckin inbreed its not funny , it just ***** each other and then ***** us! We , the fans , have sooo much untapped power that we really should start using.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Yeah. Sports isn't supposed to be about the best competing against the best. It should be about the best never fighting anyone threatening to make as much $ as possible.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

gayweather will never ever ever ever fight pacman.. true story..

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Unless Bob Arum croaks soon this fight doesn't happen. It is that simple. Don't read the nonsense posted on various sites. Bob isn't putting his meal ticket in with a fighter who will beat him easily. Expect Marquez, Berto, and maybe Bradley before Manny hangs it up.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I am really mad this fight isnt happening, I really think Mayweather has the skills to beat Pacroid. But why doesnt Mayweather fight this guy???? & why doesnt MANNY demand he fight him?? Manny should call him out for being a coward if it was true, but no he stays away from his biggest paycheck ever because he scared of the steriod testing talk. I hate them both

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Unless Bob Arum croaks soon this fight doesn't happen. It is that simple. Don't read the nonsense posted on various sites. Bob isn't putting his meal ticket in with a fighter who will beat him easily. Expect Marquez, Berto, and maybe Bradley before Manny hangs it up.
    Smart man, this is exactly what will happen and why.

frostno98

Bob isn't putting his meal ticket in with a fighter who will beat him easily.
    Mayweather beating one of the faster opponent he'll ever face easily, I doubt it. It will be like the Mayweather verses Delahoya fight, where Mayweather will let the judges decide instead of risk losing.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Mayweather beating one of the faster opponent he'll ever face easily, I doubt it. It will be like the Mayweather verses Delahoya fight, where Mayweather will let the judges decide instead of risk losing.
    Manny's speed is nowhere near Floyd's. A lopsided decision if fight would take place in fall. It won't as Marquez is being lined up for Manny and Floyd will go after Martinez or Berto.

frostno98

Manny's speed is nowhere near Floyd's. A lopsided decision if fight would take place in fall. It won't as Marquez is being lined up for Manny and Floyd will go after Martinez or Berto.
    Looks like your more confident than Mayweather himself.

If Mayweather knew without certainty he will not lose, he would set up this fight a long time ago. Mayweather wants to remain undefeated, that is the main reason for not fighting such a challenger.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

hey Marquez vs pacman is gonna happen folks on Nov. Mayweather got lots of excuses avoiding pacman and busy battering his defenseless wife...

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Boxing would be the real winner if this fight would happen, why do boxing fans`continue to pay for crap like the mosley/pac fight,

I understand pac wanted to win and he knew Mosley was only going to beat him if he stepped into a right but what a dull fight. would love to see manny go out with some great fights, rare in boxing history though. Marquezis a exciting fighter to watch, marquez would be a great fight
    Last edited by gregm; 05-13-11 at 05:52 PM.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

The fight wont happen. Cheater wont submite to a proper blood test.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Bob arum/Manny pacquiao to blame for this fight not happening. Bob doesn't want to risk losing his cash cow in manny and manny doesn't have the balls to tell bob to make that fight happen... If manny tells bob "I'm only fighting mayweather" I gurantee you the fight would happen. Politics are usual.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mayweather won't fight him because Arum thinks his fighter brings more to the table, and isn't willing to give a fair amount of PPV money. The steroid talk and all that other BS is just background noise, it is about money like everything else.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

should be pretty close but manny wins

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Mayweather won't fight him because Arum thinks his fighter brings more to the table, and isn't willing to give a fair amount of PPV money. The steroid talk and all that other BS is just background noise, it is about money like everything else.
    Thank you for stating the truth. People don't realize the hate Arum has towards Floyd for leaving Top Rank. He will spite himself, the sport he claims to love and it's fans just to keep Floyd from getting paid. The original fight 2+ years ago fell apart over the ppv split and Arum isn't going to budge. Manny isn't a sharp businessman and is letting Arum call the shots for him. Floyd knows Manny isn't taking p.e.d.s. He's just getting in his head. The fight would look very similar to Floyd's win over Marquez.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Dude, stop it.

The fight didn't originally happen because Floyd wanted a 14 day cut off on Olympic drug testing. Manny said 24 days, and negotiations stalled out.

Then Manny agreed to 14, Floyd changes his demand and says no cut off.

Manny agrees to no cutoff, Floyd wants a ridiculous 60/40 split over the purse.

Then Floyd started fighting women, $9 an hour security guards... basically everyone but actual boxers.

Floyd has always been the one refusing to compromise on this fight. Richard Schaefer has reached agreements with Bob Arum. Ross Greenburg and De La Hoya have confirmed this several times. Don King even got involved and couldn't get Floyd Mayweather to budge on the deal he and Arum worked out.

Floyd Mayweather has no intentions to fight Manny Pacquiao. Nor will he fight Sergio Martinez. Imagine that.

Get that guys dick out of your ass.