Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Purdue +19 @ Ohio St.

I don't see a reason not to talk Purdue here. Decent performance against at top 10 team last week. Ohio St. has been rather mundane. I don't see how Ohio St will cover. Thoughts?

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wells running aip shit on them at home.. Think Purdue got luck with that loss margin last week.

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't see a reason not to talk Purdue here. Decent performance against at top 10 team last week. Ohio St. has been rather mundane. I don't see how Ohio St will cover. Thoughts?
    Theres know way I could Play Ohio St here. Dating back to last season, games played at Ohio St, they give up an Average of 10.8 pts per game! I see Purdue Scoring right at that 14pts max!

Ohio St will Score High 20s Low 30s this game!

That leaves the game at 31-10 final some where right there!
    This game has back door either way written all over it to me.
    But if I had to make a play the only play I could make is Purdue.
    Whatever side you do take I think your in for hell of a ride!

Gl
    Last edited by gm2022; 10-09-08 at 02:50 AM.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

big fat letdown/look ahead sandwich game for ohio state

coming off:
    win at wisconsin

looking ahead:

trip to michigan state

take purdue to the bank + points!!
    throw a little something on the ml

t

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Pass

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Painter was pulled from the game for being ineffective against Penn State, and he always plays poorly in these games. All Purdue can do is pass, and defending against the pass is Ohio State's specialty. Also, Purdue's rushing defense is one of the absolute worst in the nation... not good news against Wells and Pryor.

Purdue hasn't lost a game by 19 this year, and Ohio State hasn't won one by 19 this year... which was initially why I had Purdue. But the more you read about this game, both statistically and from team-morale standpoint... there are just much better games on the board. You will be sweating a backdoor cover here, if it is even within reach.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    Painter was pulled from the game for being ineffective against Penn State, and he always plays poorly in these games. All Purdue can do is pass, and defending against the pass is Ohio State's specialty. Also, Purdue's rushing defense is one of the absolute worst in the nation... not good news against Wells and Pryor.

Purdue hasn't lost a game by 19 this year, and Ohio State hasn't won one by 19 this year... which was initially why I had Purdue. But the more you read about this game, both statistically and from team-morale standpoint... there are just much better games on the board. You will be sweating a backdoor cover here, if it is even within reach.
    Well said, heres to you sir.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 03:58 PM. Reason: image does not exist

artie81
    artie81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Yes I agree better games out there, i think OSU covers though. Osu will shut down the run game and make Purdue one dimensional and Painter will throw a couple picks. Osu will run the ball down their throats play ball control and probably win by 21-24 pts.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well said, heres to you sir.
    Well that definitely made the write up worth it
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 03:58 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

they really greased her up for that picture haha. she looks hot as hell though

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't think Purdue covers here. To me Tiller punched the team in the gut by sticking Painter back in the lineup. Elliot has out performed Painter at each visible opportunity (although very limited) and there's no reason not to hand him the reins. You saw some fight from Purdue in the first half last week but after the missed FGs that effort disappeared. They're in a fragile state right now which won't work out well in Columbus.

Purdue hasn't had to face many duel threat QBs but the one they've seen the most recently (LeFevour from CMU) has absolutely lit them up. They'll have just as tough a time this saturday against Pryor. Purdue's lack of quality and depth at the LB position makes them very week against Wells and the run game. This offense in recent years (the Painter years) has absolutely been stifled against a decent defense. I wish it would but I doubt that changes on Saturday. A similar OSU team completely dismantled a much better Purdue team (that still had hope) last year in West Lafayette. Purdue's ready for the Hope Era.

OSU 38
    Purdue 6

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Ill