robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Red Wings -300? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?

okay, let me start by saying I don't think Toronto will win, but it's not out of the question.

if you remember back to last year, Toronto at home, destroyed the Wings. I think it was the last game of the season between the 2 teams, and i remember that it was an afternoon game.

yeah Zetterberg, Hossa and Datsyuk are all superstars, Toronto is a team of hungry young stars that are looking for cash. Red wing players are all in the middle of contracts, have just won the cup and therefore have nothing to play for.

Toronto might not win, but they will make an impression tonight with big hits and atleast a couple fights. I might sprinkle a bit on Toronto +1.5

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Just bet the Under. 4-0 or 4-1 final.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

The 'zilla has a point though. I agree, LT, that the Under is the most promising play, but that ML does seem skewed. There's some value with the Leafs, but I'm vacillating on whether or not it merits a wager. I didn't get much opportunity to see the Red Wings in preseason, but I seriously doubt they're coming out chomping.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Toskala.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Nothing to play for? Think again, son. This team is the best team in Red Wings history and has 80's Oilers written all over them.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

Will Red wings finish up with 109 pts this year?

YES

Will they make it past the first round?

PROBABLY NOT

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Just bet the Under.
    I did LT.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't wait to watch this game in HD!

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 03:53 PM. Reason: image does not exist

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, -300 for any hockey game is ridiculous. And I think the Leafs are better than most give them credit for. Ron Wilson could do good things with that type of team.

But Zetterberg and Franzen are not in the middle of contracts, they are both UFA's after this year.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

what i thought was odd , was when i was on betjm earlier the Wings were -305, but the puckline was -1.5 -110 or you could get Tor. at +1.5 -110, i thought about taking Tor. at +1.5, but i passed. i'll just hope my MLS,MLB and college foots plays hit.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    okay, let me start by saying I don't think Toronto will win, but it's not out of the question.

if you remember back to last year, Toronto at home, destroyed the Wings. I think it was the last game of the season between the 2 teams, and i remember that it was an afternoon game.

yeah Zetterberg, Hossa and Datsyuk are all superstars, Toronto is a team of hungry young stars that are looking for cash. Red wing players are all in the middle of contracts, have just won the cup and therefore have nothing to play for.

Toronto might not win, but they will make an impression tonight with big hits and atleast a couple fights. I might sprinkle a bit on Toronto +1.5
    Toronto won at home 3-2 in O/T in the only meeting last season against the Wings (Feb 9, 2008).

Leafs are a team in re-build mode, they currently have little offensive ability, a weak defense and a good goaltender.
    They have a couple of potential "hungry young stars" that will be schooled tonight.

This game will be decided by how motivated Detroit is, they could blow out the Leafs or play down to them.
    Toronto has no chance of winning, Toskala can play brilliantly and still lose by a few goals.

Detroit should win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Nothing to play for? Think again, son. This team is the best team in Red Wings history and has 80's Oilers written all over them.
    Deuce, you are funny.
    You flatter the Wings by comparing them to the 80's Oilers.
    Not even close.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Detroit has the momentum before the puck is even dropped. The crowd will be going bonkers with the ring/banner cermonies. I see Detroit 5-2.

element1286

Detroit has the momentum before the puck is even dropped. The crowd will be going bonkers with the ring/banner cermonies. I see Detroit 5-2.
    I think that is true, and why I am staying away. I can't bring myself to lay the wood on Detroit, but I can't bet Toronto either.

element1286

I don't know about that Deuce, Lidstrom isn't going to be around forever.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    I think that is true, and why I am staying away. I can't bring myself to lay the wood on Detroit, but I can't bet Toronto either.
    This looks like a good game to "double up" on.
    Took Detroit -1.5 +100 for my entire balance at BetCris (less than 2K). If it cashes, I'll have some money to play with.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Toronto won at home 3-2 in O/T in the only meeting last season against the Wings (Feb 9, 2008).

Leafs are a team in re-build mode, they currently have little offensive ability, a weak defense and a good goaltender.
    They have a couple of potential "hungry young stars" that will be schooled tonight.

This game will be decided by how motivated Detroit is, they could blow out the Leafs or play down to them.
    Toronto has no chance of winning, Toskala can play brilliantly and still lose by a few goals.

Detroit should win easily.

Deuce, you are funny.
    You flatter the Wings by comparing them to the 80's Oilers.
    Not even close.

Plommer,

We'll see who has the last laugh. This team is so deep it is not even funny. The only not so skilled position that have is a net minder. Plommer, their netminder we are in question of has won 3 cups. Has gone to 4 All-Star games, Ranks 15th all-time in wins by an NHL goaltender. Plommer, this isn't stretching it by any means pal.

element1286

Plommer,

We'll see who has the last laugh. This team is so deep it is not even funny. The only not so skilled position that have is a net minder. Plommer, their netminder we are in question of has won 3 cups. Has gone to 4 All-Star games, Ranks 15th all-time in wins by an NHL goaltender. Plommer, this isn't stretching it by any means pal.
    Let's not overrate Osgood, if he wasn't on the Wings he would be getting shelled every night. As far as starting goalies go, top 20 maybe.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Let's not overrate Osgood, if he wasn't on the Wings he would be getting shelled every night. As far as starting goalies go, top 20 maybe.
    Guy stands on his head still. Thats like saying when the Patriots dynasty was in tact that their defense was top 20. Osgood is a hall of famer pal. There is not one single goalie in this league that can keep a whore shit team in a playoff race. Not one. I don't care it's not possible.

element1286

Guy stands on his head still. Thats like saying when the Patriots dynasty was in tact that their defense was top 20. Osgood is a hall of famer pal. There is not one single goalie in this league that can keep a whore shit team in a playoff race. Not one. I don't care it's not possible.
    He faced 22 shots per game, and only played 43 last year. I'm not buying that he is that good. This isn't 1997.

betplom
    maniac

Plommer,

Deuce, arguing is pointless, plus I'm too lazy to dig up the information right now.
    If I was to start my argument, I'd start just as Element did. Fuhr vs Osgood. No comparison.

Repeating is never easy, and if I could get a line on Detroit NOT repeating I'd bet it today. I'd bet Detroit won't even make it to the finals this year. This is me as a gambler talking, not as a fan of the game.

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the best bet in this game is the OVER. Toronto just has a feel off a team that'll give up alot of goals, but score in bunches as well. haven't capped this game per se but early into the season I bet alot more with my gut and it doesnt do me too bad.

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    Will Red wings finish up with 109 pts this year?

YES

Will they make it past the first round?

PROBABLY NOT
    I'll give you 3:1 with a max set at 30k that you're wrong. Contact me either by PM or e-mail by 6pm EST and we can work out the details off the board. Laugh at my football selections if you want but one thing I do know inside & out is hockey. Go ahead, let me take your money son since you aren't smart enough to keep it yourself. FYI, e-mails in the profile. Holla soon as the clock is ticking.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

How do I put certain posters on ignore?

betplom
    maniac

It used to be easy, now they have changed the layout and I can't see how to do it.

You may have to ask a mod for help.

TodaysAction

Put your money where your mouth is wus! Or are you like many of the other broke dicks here? All talk is what you are. Here you you chickenshit, I'll up it to 5:1 for the next hour. Holla back fool.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysAction View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is wus! Or are you like many of the other broke dicks here? All talk is what you are. Here you you chickenshit, I'll up it to 5:1 for the next hour. Holla back fool.
    Betting with other posters hasn't worked out very well for those that already tried, however, I like your confidence, when the playoffs approach and if you are still around, maybe you and I can make a wager.

Matchbook must be used (x-bet I believe).

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

congrats, you've just leap frogged DacVietBiet as the dumbest guy here.

betplom
    maniac

congrats, you've just leap frogged DacVietBiet as the dumbest guy here.

I thought we were buds? No?

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

I'm talking to TodaysAction.

TodaysAction

Want to go w/p over the 2 day SA card for the Breeders Cup?

I'll ****ing ruin you.

betplom
    maniac

TodaysAction

I'll fυcking ruin you.
    Now would be a good time to use the old:

"go fυck yourself cowboy" line.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

plommer, you hold the money.

this should be a postup contest over 2 days.

I trust plommer.

betplom
    maniac

plommer, you hold the money.

this should be a postup contest over 2 days.

I trust plommer.
    fiver:

are you even close to getting that new tv?

I bet 2K on Detroit -1.5 tonight, a win and I take a nice vacation.

TodaysAction

TodaysAction

I'll ****ing ruin you.
    Talks cheap. Do what you do best ~ that's run your mouth.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

I don't know.

I need to pick up some extra shifts. Work some overtime.

Maybe if I take Todays Action's money I can get one.

12 Last