jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Reggie Miller 30 for 30

What an unbelievable show. Takes me back in the day where basketball was actually fun to watch. Players played and the game was physical. Pacers/Knicks was a classic Rivalry. I was like 10 years old when these games were being played and remember it like it was yesterday.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

How is he not in the Hall of fame on the first ballot?

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just watched it, great show...even if he is annoying, you gotta love Spike

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

i was 7 years old and i can still remember where i was for game 1 and game 7 sick shit

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Yup just watched it right now. Wish basketball was still like that, and not the ticky tack bullsh!t fouls they call today. I remember watching those series, so great to watch.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was ok, had a few lucky games though thats all

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

It's sad that with all the rising talent in the NBA today (LBJ, Rose, Wade, Durant, Carmelo), the established stars (Kobe, Nash, Dirk) and the great old guard (Spurs/Celts), that the NBA playoffs aren't nearly as intense as those games back in the day.

There are several reasons why.

1) ESPN's coverage blows. NBC kicked the shit out of them. They had better producers, announcers, and camera men. Mike Tirico fuking sucks. He's the elevator music of sports announcers. Give me Marv or another old school guy like Al Michaels or Dick Stockton.

2) Bigger fancier arenas mean the fans aren't as close to the action, and aren't as intense. The last great intense series we had was Mavs-Warriors a couple years ago. Great up and down play, great crowd, and an old school announcer (Dick Stockton) that actually knows how to call a game with the proper voice. Like somebody pointed out in the documentary, that Bulls-Celtics series a couple years ago had 3-4 games go into overtime, and nobody outside of Boston or Chicago today remembers or gives a shit.

3) Camera angles---the advent of these new arenas has moved the camera placements so that the viewing angle is flatter. You can't see the action as well. Harder to see either the beauty of ball movement or the physicality of the game. It sucks. This is why I prefer college ball. Camera angles are more directly overhead, and you can see the play develop more clearly. Plus the fans are closer to the court, and so when they are in the picture their energy adds to the moment. The difference between watching a great college game somewhere like Allen Field House or Cameron Indoor and an NBA game at the Staples Center or American Airlines Arena is the difference between sitting front row for an AC/DC concert hearing them crank "Thunderstruck" and standing in the check-out line at JC Penny's listening to the John Tesh cd mix coming over their PA system. I fukking hate it. Give me the old Boston Garden. Give me the old Chicago stadium. Give me the Forum. Fuk, I'd even take the Omni. These new arenas suck.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1963

ya nba has gone down the shitter

every 30 for 30 i have seen has been pretty good

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

MadCap, you're right. Listening to the commentators in this game right now makes me want to hang myself, not many good ones left.
    As far as old school series go. I blame the NBA. There are no more rivalries anymore, not anything like they used to be, Its Sterns fault. Back in the day there wee tons of good rivalries. You knew when Detroit played Chicago, it was going to be a tough, hard fought, physical at each others throat........Not anymore.

There is no physical play anymore, the players are not the stars anymore......the officials are. They take over a game and don't let the players play anymore.