Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The Phillies came into this this season slightly overrated, but that is not to say they aren't the best team in baseball. The expectations for this team coming in were to win 120 games, so it is impossible for them to not under achieve in most people's eyes. Their lineup is not as good as in the past with Rollins and Ibanez getting older and less productive and Utley being injured, but their real problem is the bullpen. Even when Lidge comes back it is still mediocre at best. They do, however, have one thing that the Braves don't and that is experience in the post season. That is going to be the biggest factor come October.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Phillies Bullpen is one of the worse in baseball son. Come on don't be ignorant Dlunc just close your mouth and appear to be ignorant. Now you have opened your mouth and made it obvious you are ignorant son. Braves bullpen one of the best in baseball.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    I know them both, but most people dont... dont try to put them in the category of best in baseball...come on now..
    i didnt say they were the best in baseball i said they are better then what ever the phils have in the back end of their bullpen

facts are facts sorry

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Phillies Bullpen is one of the worse in baseball son. Come on don't be ignorant Dlunc just close your mouth and appear to be ignorant. Now you have opened your mouth and made it obvious you are ignorant son. Braves bullpen one of the best in baseball.
    Im not saying they arent good, but are definately not the best in baseball.... and noway you can say the phills is one of the worst.. they are not great, but not the worst either. Madson is a stud and lidge and contaras are good enough to get it done in the 9th. Bastardo is also a young up and comer that gives the pen a huge boost... braves pen is better i wont say they arent, but phills are not the worst and braves are def not the best.

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

phillies have a great rotation and a lot of fast young bats as well as seasoned vets, its a good recipe. Definitely playoff bound.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    i didnt say they were the best in baseball i said they are better then what ever the phils have in the back end of their bullpen

facts are facts sorry
    a few posts back, someone said they were the best in baseball...thats all i was arguing..

and if facts are facts... how can you put jurrgens even close to the same league as hamels or any of phillys big 4

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt king View Post
    phillies have a great rotation and a lot of fast young bats as well as seasoned vets, its a good recipe. Definitely playoff bound.
    i agree

BRAVES1985

a few posts back, someone said they were the best in baseball...thats all i was arguing.. and if facts are facts... how can you put jurrgens even close to the same league as hamels or any of phillys big 4
    lol i meant jurrjens was better tonight not overall

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt king View Post
    thankyou....people forget that the phills have a top 3 second basement, an all star caliber arm, 2 closers, and one of baseballs top prospects all out... yet still boast the leagues best record... people are clueless...

dannyd66
    dannyd66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without Utley............

they will fade........it's inevitable.....don't you think----he's the whole "lynchpin" upon which thier offense depends........

we'll see..........

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd66 View Post
    they will fade........it's inevitable.....don't you think----he's the whole "lynchpin" upon which thier offense depends........

we'll see..........

utley isnt far off.... 2 hrs in extended spring training and an infield single yesterday

dlunc3

lol i meant jurrjens was better tonight not overall
    ok then...dont give me the hes only 25 bs tho.. hamels had done more by age 25 then he will do his whole career..

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

I know them both, but most people dont... dont try to put them in the category of best in baseball...come on now..
    Venters is absolutely one of the best left-handed relievers in baseball.

Career: 100.2 IP, 1.70 ERA, 112 K, .189 BAA, and a grand total of 1 HR allowed.

Braves are 3rd in the NL in bullpen ERA.

dlunc3

they have a very good bullpen, and starting rotation for that matter... but not #1 in baseball as was stated a few posts earlier

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status

ok then...dont give me the hes only 25 bs tho.. hamels had done more by age 25 then he will do his whole career..
    Career ERA:
    Hamels 3.50
    Jurrjens 3.41

Hamels' ERA through his age 25 season was 3.67.

You've been thoroughly owned in this thread. It's pretty embarrassing.

BRAVES1985

hold on il get some kimbrel stats for this guy

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status

they have a very good bullpen, and starting rotation for that matter... but not #1 in baseball as was stated a few posts earlier
    Yet they lead the NL in team ERA.

BRAVES1985

kimbrel 35.1 ip 17 hits 4er yep i said 4 er 0 hr's 60 k's and 1.02 era in his career

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    Career ERA:
    Hamels 3.50
    Jurrjens 3.41

Hamels' ERA through his age 25 season was 3.67.

You've been thoroughly owned in this thread. It's pretty embarrassing.
    How many wins, playoff wins and world series wins? Since thats all that matters right? oh yea..

dlunc3

Yet they lead the NL in team ERA.

How does their record look? That's right 3rd in their own divison.. and lets talk pitching stats in august and see how that works out for you

BRAVES1985

How does their record look? That's right 3rd in their own divison.. and lets talk pitching stats in august and see how that works out for you
    12-4 in the last 16

phils are 1-2 in their last 3

dlunc3

kimbrel 35.1 ip 17 hits 4er yep i said 4 er 0 hr's 60 k's and 1.02 era in his career
    Again, like I said, he is very good... but again, bull pen means more then one player.. and theirs is not the best in baseball as someone stated they were

dlunc3

12-4 in the last 16

phils are 1-2 in their last 3
    How bout 3.5 games back to a team playing without their best player, an all star caliber arm, a top prospect, and basically their whole bull pen.. you are 3.5 games back of that team how many will you be back once these players return??

BRAVES1985

kimbrel
    venters
    o flarety (cant spell) (struck out 3 phils stranding the bases loaded on friday)
    moylan
    medlen (should be back in august)
    sherrill (nothin special but the phils were blowing him trying to sign him but turned them down)

fuk thats a sick bulpen

dlunc3

kimbrel
    venters
    o flarety (cant spell) (struck out 3 phils stranding the bases loaded on friday)
    moylan
    sherrill (nothin special but the phils were blowing him trying to sign him but turned them down)

fuk thats a sick bulpen
    Do I need to say it again?? They are good and better then the phills... but not the best.. basically the only edge the braves have on them

BRAVES1985

Do I need to say it again?? They are good and better then the phills... but not the best.. basically the only edge the braves have on them
    k can i go to bed or do you have anything else to argue about

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status

The Braves are in third place because their offense stunk for the first month of the year.

dlunc3

One last question... since the braves are so much better then the phills, should should be an expert baseball analysts.. bc every power ranking has the phills ahead of them... so do the standings... thats weird huh?

dlunc3

The Braves are in third place because their offense stunk for the first month of the year.
    And the past 4 yrs too right? But yea, they will all of a sudden get it together and win the nl east now right? love these homers that know in all honesty that they will be lucky to even be a wild card but can't stand to admit it

BRAVES1985

One last question... since the braves are so much better then the phills, should should be an expert baseball analysts.. bc every power ranking has the phills ahead of them... so do the standings... thats weird huh?
    lol i never once said the braves are better then the phills except for the bullpen i said i wanna see what the phills bats can do against some better pitching then they saw the first month

we all know everyone is jizzing over the phils fab 4

dlunc3

kimbrel
    venters
    moylan

fuk thats a sick bulpen
    Not a bad list... now how does this one look? Halladay lee oswalt hamels... wanna take a poll? Which list would you rather have?

dlunc3

lol i never once said the braves are better then the phills except for the bullpen i said i wanna see what the phills bats can do against some better pitching then they saw the first month

How did they do the past 4 yrs? Basically the same lineup just a little older with dom brown in for werth.. won't be quite as good as the past, but won't need to be

BRAVES1985

braves fuk up lee every single time they face him so im not worried about him

hamels has been around a .500 pitcher since 2009 26-23

oswalt is equal to hudson

and halladay is the best their is

and i would take braves bullpen over phils

dlunc3

You say that like the braves have some stacked lineup.. when healthy, phills lineup hands down has the advantage

dlunc3

braves fuk up lee every single time they face him so im not worried about him

hamels has been around a .500 pitcher since 2009 26-23

oswalt is equal to hudson

and halladay is the best their is

and i would take braves bullpen over phils
    Hamels record means nothing.. he has gotten 0 run support the last 2 yrs.. and maybe you have missed it, but have you been watching lee in October the last 3 years? He struck out 16 braves the other night and if rollins doesn't miss a 2 out line drive then he shuts them out.. since when is 16 strikeouts fuking someone up?? Either way, regular season means nothing to this team.. we all know what October lee looks like... the best big game pitcher in baseball right now

First 123456 ... Last