bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much love in the room...

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Lol MS keep searching. So far you have come up with some whacked out bitch's blog and some obscure canadian newspaper. hahaha wtf is wrong with your brain(assuming you have one that is). Every single news outfit out there including the right leaning fox organization has Obama with the win. Even the republican strategist for CNN and all the pubs on TV had obama with the win. You are humiliating yourself now with these ridiculous blogs and other crap you are posting. Stop while you are behind.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/17/2005

picantel

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Obama has been technically better speaking wise but uses more buzz words and cheesy anecdotes. Both probably could do better in substance but McCain has more of a record on his side, Obama's anecdote at the end about food stamps didn't really connect with me or seem as genuine as McCain's closing words about always putting his country first.
    Yes definitely McCain is not using cheesy lines wouldn't you say 'my friend'. lol

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ican't swing a dead cat without hitting an anlysis that shows McCain won the debate

Debate analysis: McCain wins on points

The second presidential debate goes into the record books, and this time both men managed to stick closer to their game plans. Barack Obama rid himself of the “John is right” tic that appeared in various forms almost a dozen times in the first debate. John McCain gave a much more focused response on economic issues. In the end — literally, in this case — McCain prevailed on his strength on foreign policy and national security.

Obama improved from the first debate. He kept his voice even and didn’t get as rattled. Last time, Obama’s voice kept pitching higher when McCain attacked him, and he spent most of the evening defending himself. This time, Obama stuck to his own agenda, only getting flustered once after a McCain attack, and stumbling when Tom Brokaw shut him down, invoking the debate agreement between the two camps.

McCain also improved, most clearly in the economic debate. This time he hammered Obama on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and challenged the assumption that “deregulation” caused the financial crisis. He looked more confident and spoke more clearly on that subject, and didn’t get nearly as deep into populist blather as in the first debate. On health care, he offered a strong endorsement of free-market principles and providing choice to consumers. (In fact, I think both candidates did very well on health care, with Obama and McCain making the clearest pitches for their approaches than on any other subject.)

McCain did somewhat better on entitlement reform than Obama did. Unfortunately, the question came as more of a follow-up than a separate topic, but McCain offered details and substantive proposals, while Obama talked about spending even more money on a series of new entitlements. McCain also used that to underscore his credentials as a bipartisan agent of change, and noted that Obama has none at all.

Coming into the last 30 minutes, though, I thought the debate was more or less a draw. That’s when Brokaw turned the debate to foreign policy and national security, and McCain simply outclassed Obama. Despite the nearly two weeks between the debates, Obama still couldn’t offer a coherent policy on Russia. He stuck to general themes, and more than once tried to invoke Iraq on completely unrelated topics. McCain, on the other hand, had extensive knowledge of the subjects and gave detailed answers that demonstrated Obama’s superficial knowledge — to the point that Obama complained that McCain thought he was “green behind the ears”, a flub that will no doubt live in ridicule for the next couple of days.

Brokaw did a solid, professional job as moderator. I didn’t think Brokaw would do poorly, and I failed to catch any obvious bias in his moderation. I thought the town-hall format was a joke, though. Brokaw and his team selected the questions ahead of time and chose the participants, and in the end it just looked like Brokaw had outsourced some of the moderator duties to guest voices.

McCain won, but he didn’t score a knockout by any stretch of the imagination. Is this a game-changer? I think not. It may help narrow the gap a little, but I think the two men are pretty evenly matched in these debates. I wouldn’t expect a knockout in the last debate, either.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

Crazy,

You keep saying Obama uses the buzzwords and is all style and then have the nerve to say McCain is better because he constantly refers to his time in the military and because Obama didn't strike a chord with people by talking about food stamps? All that is is filler and non-substance.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

Debate analysis: McCain wins on points
    ./....
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-23-15 at 04:56 PM. Reason: image does not exist

picantel

McCains wife is a babe. Much better looking than Palin. She has to be incredibly sexually frustrated but if McCain was voted president she can break out a box of cigars of Clinton visits.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

McCoot backers just haven't come to terms with his defeat. Kinda like Cubs fans thinking they have a game on Thursday.

topgame85
    Total time
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Quote Originally Posted by daggerkobe View Post
    McCoot backers just haven't come to terms with his defeat. Kinda like Cubs fans thinking they have a game on Thursday.

ms61853

McCain Wins Debate

http://www.johnmccain.com/informing/...cbf73f67cf.htm

"Tonight, John McCain won the debate. He was the only man who demonstrated he had the independence and strength to take on everything that's broken in Washington and on Wall Street. John McCain had a clear plan for improving the lives of Americans -- keeping them in their homes through his American Homeownership Resurgence Plan. From Barack Obama, we heard half-truths and contradictions between what he says and what he has done. He said he supported offshore drilling but has opposed it for months. He talked about tax cuts but he voted for higher taxes 94 times and promises increased taxes on small businesses. He talked about reducing the size of government but has proposed hundreds of billions of dollars in new government spending. Tonight, Barack Obama had an opportunity to level with the American people, but instead all we heard was more of the same."

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10689

Unfortunately you can tell that different media outlets back different candidates. It was even more obvious in the primaries.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005

picantel

Quote Originally Posted by ms61853 View Post
    http://www.johnmccain.com/informing/...cbf73f67cf.htm

"Tonight, John McCain won the debate. He was the only man who demonstrated he had the independence and strength to take on everything that's broken in Washington and on Wall Street. John McCain had a clear plan for improving the lives of Americans -- keeping them in their homes through his American Homeownership Resurgence Plan. From Barack Obama, we heard half-truths and contradictions between what he says and what he has done. He said he supported offshore drilling but has opposed it for months. He talked about tax cuts but he voted for higher taxes 94 times and promises increased taxes on small businesses. He talked about reducing the size of government but has proposed hundreds of billions of dollars in new government spending. Tonight, Barack Obama had an opportunity to level with the American people, but instead all we heard was more of the same."
    HAHAHAHA. OMG you actually used a quote from McCain's own website stating he won. NO WAY really?

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL

ms61853

Second presidential debate - McCain won!

http://conservativetake.wordpress.co...te-mccain-won/

John McCain won the second debate. He was very presidential. His demeanor was much better (than the first debate). He was much more substantive than Obama. Obama said very little that was different from what he’s said before. McCain was much better on national security issues. I also felt McCain did better on the economy.

ms61853

McCain won tonight, hands down

http://richardsramblings.wordpress.c...ht-hands-down/

Barack Obama did exactly what many thought he’d do without a teleprompter–he stumbled, gaffed and gave long-winded answers that were probably designed to help him think of something to say.

John McCain showed why he prefers town-hall discussions. Tonight, he really showed voters why he’s the far better choice over Nobama. I like how he politely asked Tom Brokaw the moderator if he’d get extra time to talk like Obama did.

McCain slowly but firmly gave his ideas and his optimism, and from Obama all I heard were worthless generalizations.

We’ll see what happens.

picantel

Quote Originally Posted by ms61853 View Post
    http://richardsramblings.wordpress.c...ht-hands-down/

Barack Obama did exactly what many thought he’d do without a teleprompter–he stumbled, gaffed and gave long-winded answers that were probably designed to help him think of something to say.

John McCain showed why he prefers town-hall discussions. Tonight, he really showed voters why he’s the far better choice over Nobama. I like how he politely asked Tom Brokaw the moderator if he’d get extra time to talk like Obama did.

McCain slowly but firmly gave his ideas and his optimism, and from Obama all I heard were worthless generalizations.

We’ll see what happens.
    About Richard Zowie

My work has appeared in various publications. A few of them: Saworship.com, San Antonio Express-News, Flint Journal’s Flint Community Newspapers and Air Force News.

-must have outs. Tell em richie sent you-

When did you become a Christian? October 1981, reassurance of salvation April 1984.

-nah not a right wing religious nut-

Whom will you be voting for in November? Not Barack Obama!

-biased? nah-

1995: B.A., History (with an English minor), Pensacola Christian College, Pensacola, Fla.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

WSEX

Dem -477
    Rep +354

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5037

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by bmw530i; 10-21-08 at 10:28 PM.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    WSEX

Dem -477
    Rep +354

Thank god.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3234

Obongo didn't understand the rules. He tried for rebuttal after rebuttal but it wasn't in the clause. Looked like a nit wit.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530i View Post
    can you dig it

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe McCain is even up for election. Not really an Obama supporter (he's bought and paid for as well), but McCain is so obviously out of touch and out of time that I almost feel sorry for him. At least with Obama we'll have someone who's coherent. That helps. But not much will change. It will take ten or twenty years to get things back on track. The Bush clan raped this country for all they could.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/14/2005

First 12