Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2045

Trivia Suggestion

This is getting stupid. Every trivia session these days I lose on a tennis question. I have never watched tennis in my life and I'm sure most of the forum could make that same claim. Might as well give me Giant Pumpkin Kayaking questions, absolutely no difference to me.

I suggest that we pre-choose 3-4 sports and questions can only come from these pre-chosen sports.

Questions are supposed to be hard, I get that, but they're also supposed to come from a subject we have a general idea about.

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

have to agree with this.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The ones that get me are the baseball questions. Like who was the shortstop of the Cubs in 1911?

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought I knew my shit. I have missed the last 4 first questions they are hard as shit. Bobby tweaked my trivia

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

We need SBR trivia.

What is flyingillini's favorite phrase?

Who is CarpeDime?

How many times has Enogiswon/iifold scammed his 'investors' with 'funds'?

What two SBR posters run points books?

What country does shari live in?

What former SBR mod used the word 'sir' all the time and had trouble spelling?

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

what was enogswin claim to fame?

what poster ended each post with "good day"

who was the first and original forum points bookie ?

what poster always tells us who his girl friend picked as if we care?

who won the first ever sbr lotto?

at what age did jj lose his hair?

how many inches is jj's pecker...a 1.5...b..2...c...2.5...d...3

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sports trivia is supposed to be random. This isn't Jeopardy with category choosing.

Trivia upgrades will be on the technical side, better browser support and less lockups. There's been some unfortunately worded Qs now & again but there's been more sour grapes.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

questions are just hard. no need for categories but they are brutally hard sometimes.

refrain87
    refrain87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

give us a 50/50, call a friend and ask the audience please.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The ones that get me are the baseball questions. Like who was the shortstop of the Cubs in 1911?
    Has to be Joe Tinker, right?

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Sports trivia is supposed to be random. This isn't Jeopardy with category choosing.

Trivia upgrades will be on the technical side, better browser support and less lockups. There's been some unfortunately worded Qs now & again but there's been more sour grapes.

Well then if you're going to continue to give us questions about sports that the majority don't watch, could you at least throw in some lawn mower racing and dwarf throwing questions? At least these questions would be more fun to lose on. I'm really sick of reading about some woman tennis player I never heard of who played against another woman tennis player I never heard of, who were both from countries I never heard of.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i follow a lot of sports so im with pavy that they should restrict the questions to things that have happened in the last 25 years or so. or rather that is much more of a concern.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like the fact that some of these questions are hard, but I understand that SBR isn't in the business of handing out money. I just wish that there was a way to flag questions that are worded poorly so that they could get fixed, these have gotten me time and time again.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey bob:

triv·i·a

 /ˈtrɪviə/ Show Spe[triv-ee-uh] Show IPA
    –plural noun

matters or things that are very unimportant, inconsequential, or nonessential; trifles; trivialities.

hence why you get random womens tennis questions. because womens tennis is unimportant, inconsequential and very nonessential
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bob Loblaw, and cant call it

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Google faster.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i follow a lot of sports so im with pavy that they should restrict the questions to things that have happened in the last 25 years or so. or rather that is much more of a concern.
    I think any question after 1960 is fair game. Even if you haven't lived in that era some of those players could be managers or coaches now or HOF's.

But questions about sport events about players who have been dead for 50 years or more are impossible to know.

From my memory I got questions so far about football both college and pro, basketball both college and pro, baseball, tennis, boxing and maybe once a soccer question and a hockey question. I even got a WRC rally question once but no NASCAR or Formula 1. But 75% of the time is either football, baseball or basketball, 25% tennis or boxing and 5% other sports like soccer, racing etc. Nothing for Olympics or hockey.

The trivia is only as good as the questions SBR has purchased from the software provider. And I agree that they are probably developed overseas by people who don't have English as a first language.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

As said previously... how about being a good sport and saying thanks for the 1/4 shot at free points?

Everyones getting bowling next week...from summer of 1942.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Bill, what about the ability to flag a question after answering it, like the 'report a post' button?

In the text box you could explain what's wrong with it (worded ambiguously, incorrect answer).

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    As said previously... how about being a good sport and saying thanks for the 1/4 shot at free points?

I am a good sport. Thread title is "Trivia Suggestion" not "Trivia Complaint." I suggested something and gave my reasons for.

BTW, I would welcome Bowling from the summer of 1942 if it means I didn't have to read another women's tennis question.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

use google like JJ and it is all easy

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

where do i find trivia guys? thanks

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably just bad luck on all the tennis questions you get...the majority of mine are NBA/NFL...haven't had an NHL question or Tennis yet.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by refrain87 View Post
    give us a 50/50, call a friend and ask the audience please.
    Great idea. One 50/50 per session.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

THIS !!!!!!

Doc

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

There was no men's bowling in 1942 due to WWII. Nice try Dozer.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Pavy,
    They had intramural stand-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

I am a good sport. Thread title is "Trivia Suggestion" not "Trivia Complaint." I suggested something and gave my reasons for.

BTW, I would welcome Bowling from the summer of 1942 if it means I didn't have to read another women's tennis question.
    Your suggestion was Trivia is getting stupid. My suggestion, watch sportscenter. Hingis has been retired for about 5 years.

But really, I think you just had bad luck with tennis on 2 trivias in a row. If you get Tennis again, we'll give ya 125 pts.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

My trivia has been outstandingly fair..the 1st question has been real easy and the 2nd is pretty puzzling...SBR has nailed it in my opinion. Are these tough questions from the 3rd question? I never go for that.

Speaking of areas that might need improvement though:
    1. Don't let scamdicappers on sbr.tv
    2. Make these big contests separated by depositing and free playing for points. i will deposit for BTP no matter what because i love it, but since i suck at MLB and its a crapshoot with all these free players plus only getting paid monthly, i didn't deposit but i wouldve if it was only for depositing players. i feel like id have a better chance

But to add some things I love:
    1. When Loshak has I Nelson Rose on sbrtv
    2. The latest MLB book segment Loshak did. I didn't need the info but it was very informative for those that might not know it
    3. Anything Justin7 does on camera is beneficial to someone. would be nice to see a series of some sort
    4. Poker.. i thought this was well done

I hope these are taken as constructive criticism and praise because SBR is well beyond any other forum

Bob Loblaw

Pavy,
    They had intramural stand-ins.

Your suggestion was Trivia is getting stupid. My suggestion, watch sportscenter. Hingis has been retired for about 5 years.

But really, I think you just had bad luck with tennis on 2 trivias in a row. If you get Tennis again, we'll give ya 125 pts.
    Sportscenter goes off when the Tennis comes on.

Bob Loblaw

^^^Is that Wally from Leave it to Beaver