EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Are their any electricians here???

Would like some input....I have been in sales ever since I graduated college. I do well, but have never been in an industry that I have a passion for. I love the opportunity for unlimited earning potential, but Albany is kind of a small market in comparison to the countries larger cities...So, there is a good spot for a union apprenticeship as an Electrician. Good money and unlimited potential, great benefits, pension, and more...I'm good with my hands, and have a college degree and they pay you for 5 years while your learning....anyone here have any experience in this field...let me know, i'm trying to start a career soon!

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

i mean shiiiiiit, i'm 27 and can't live in my mother's basement forever

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I had Corbin Electric for a while
    See my video, I ran it in the fukkin ground and went bankrupt
    No much opportunity anymore being an electrician

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I have worked with union electricians, nice job bro.....just hope albany has a lot of new construction.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

JJ, your such a touchole

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I have worked with union electricians, nice job bro.....just hope albany has a lot of new construction.
    What do you do? Albany does have a lot of construction...but it's a statewide union. Mostly in the tri-cities

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    JJ, your such a touchole

What do you do? Albany does have a lot of construction...but it's a statewide union. Mostly in the tri-cities
    Have a small mom and pop wallpaper/painting company. That electrician union should be nation wide.

Unchained
    Hands of fukkin steel. Bap bap bhaap bap
    Unchained's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Here you go....
    Attached Images

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    Would like some input....I have been in sales ever since I graduated college. I do well, but have never been in an industry that I have a passion for. I love the opportunity for unlimited earning potential, but Albany is kind of a small market in comparison to the countries larger cities...So, there is a good spot for a union apprenticeship as an Electrician. Good money and unlimited potential, great benefits, pension, and more...I'm good with my hands, and have a college degree and they pay you for 5 years while your learning....anyone here have any experience in this field...let me know, i'm trying to start a career soon!
    I'm a non-union electrician. Down here in Miami the union sucks if your trying to get in now. Big time waiting list for guys searching for jobs in the union. My father has been able to branch out and have both Union and non-union jobs which helps with the competition. A lot of non-union contractors are bidding real low these days and are taking a lot of work from the union guys. I was in the union for 2 years a decade ago. My fathers company took a nose dive from 2002-2003 and I had to work for another company. Anyways I was laid of from said company and was on a waiting list for employment through the union for 14 months so I stopped paying my union dues and shortly found my way out of it. Long story short being a electrician anywhere in this country right now is not something I would get into because of work shortage. Your ceiling you can realistically make is between 40K-60K a year depending on how much overtime you can find. That is of course being a journeyman electrician. I don't know it's your call. I'm finding my way out of the industry it seems.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

I'm scared to click on these images at work...hahaha what is it?

BeatTheJerk

Shit I didn't have work today ........... I'm gambling to cover my day off pal ..............

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Good post beat the jerk...but with the experience can you not parlay a job with G.E. or even a Niagara Mohawk (huge power company around here) with the background and experience???

Did you ever do an apprenticeship?

BeatTheJerk

Yeah local 728. It's a good way to get started in this industry.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I know a lot of EE buds who didn't cut it in silicon valley who decided to work for cable companies or major electric company as techs.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    I know a lot of EE buds who didn't cut it in silicon valley who decided to work for cable companies or major electric company as techs.
    What do you mean they didn't cut it in silicon valley ? Be more specific .......... In what ways ?????

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Shit I didn't have work today ........... I'm gambling to cover my day off pal ..............

Eddie open deli up there

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Eddie open deli up there
    Wouldn't be a bad idea...but one of my father's best friend runs ish up here with his pizzaria and deli, so i'm not cutting into that

I want to open up a vicious sports bar but I don't have startup capital and they don't make a good penny around here anyways I don't think...good property is too expensive