pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

Dow dropping like a rock again

350 points since yesterday below 9600. With the current rate it will be below 9,000 by the end of the week.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

wtf
    LOL female mods
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

buying opportunity of a LIFETIME! not year, decade, your life...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

I wish I knew how to sell short!

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/6/2005

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    buying opportunity of a LIFETIME! not year, decade, your life...
    Who's got money to put into stocks these days?

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to enter the market soon.

Great buying opportunities. Most of this shit is panic selling. People are not using their heads. Hedge funds exiting, things like that.

I will make some nice money. I'm sure of it.

wtf
    LOL female mods
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

please note; during the depression growth contracted by 46%, the economy this year is slated at 1.7% growth, 1.9% next year.

yes this is huge panic selling, BUY!

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 54

I think the a-hole in Iran made it worse with his lie of a US plane being seized. He knew what that info would do to the markets.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Times will not be easy

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Now is not a time to buy. It's also not panic selling. The number of market offers is not that high. It's called overvaluation. P/E ratios are still nowhere near historical averages. The markets have been begging for a correction for over a decade now. They have been artificially inflated for so long now that it had to bottom out at some point. This selloff is necessary and overdue.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Now is not a time to buy. It's also not panic selling. The number of market offers is not that high. It's called overvaluation. P/E ratios are still nowhere near historical averages. The markets have been begging for a correction for over a decade now. They have been artificially inflated for so long now that it had to bottom out at some point. This selloff is necessary and overdue.

Wow, someone that's aware there was a time before 1980.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too late, put all my savings into C.

Wish me luck guy.

pavyracer
    What?

You always buy on the upturn not the downturn. This ship is sinking and is sinking fast.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Continue to buy for you IRA and 401K if you are in your 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's.

If you are just getting in the market to "trade",now is not a good time. Collect cash for your positions now and let the market wash out for a few months.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

now IS the time to invest
    this is an over correction, and you will miss out on the recovery if youre selling

just like all the people that swore off markets after the dot com crash, they missed out on the recovery

Mr. Progression
    Mr. Progression's Avatar Become A Pro!

very long term investors, should be "cost averaging", into the market.

shorter term traders should wait for a key reversal in the market in order to begin buying.

"key reversal": a contract low, followed by a close over the previous days high, in the same session.

Mr. Progression

Mr. Progression
    Mr. Progression's Avatar Become A Pro!

btw. i would watch the SP dec futures contract for my "key reversal" indicator.

Mr. Progression

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Betpoints: 3133

We are ready and pulled trigger on AIG

Still looking, market although might still might go down about another 1200 points.

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Who's got money to put into stocks these days?
    I cashed out 35,000 of my 60,000 I had in stocks, just waiting to get back in.

pavyracer
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We are ready and pulled trigger on AIG

Still looking, market although might still might go down about another 1200 points.
    Did you pull the trigger with the sausage gun from the vids? AIG maybe liquitaded by Friday. Good luck cashing out.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

pavyracer
    What?

Dow already broke 9,000 and looking to go below 8,800!
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2597

down 570?!

What the f\*\*k is going on, these markets have FAR too much impact on the country now...way too much

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Down 25% for the week. It's official, the market has crashed.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/9/2005

Brock Landers

i feel sick, where is this money going? i know with commodities for every winner there is a loser, but in stocks, where is the lost value going!?

pavyracer
    What?

I'm speechless 8620! I said Monday it will go to 8,000 by end of the week. It looks like it will break 8,000 tomorrow. This is the equivalent of the Great Depression. How do you go from 14,000 to 8,000 in less than a year?
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    i feel sick, where is this money going? i know with commodities for every winner there is a loser, but in stocks, where is the lost value going!?
    Your average investor is putting their money into checking and saving accounts. I heard the average per week was 5 billion and shot to 190 billion. That's where some of the money is going.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/9/2005

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://supportedthebailout.org/

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reality Check -- economic indicators during the Bush Administration

http://socialsense.blogspot.com/2008...ity-check.html

In any case, here are salient facts concerning economic indicators during the Bush Administration.

In 2003, Bush requested Congress to review the Clinton CRA provisions; Congress failed to act.

In 2005, consumer confidence was high, gas prices averaged a little over $2 per gallon, unemployment was average (4.5%), the stock market was over 14,000 points, and consumer spending was up.

But Americans were tired of George Bush’s war. They wanted change, and Hillary Clinton told Americans, “If you’re tired of George Bush's war on terror, and if you are tired of paying high prices for gas, then you need to vote for a Democrat.”

Americans did. They elected Democrats to the House and Senate. Since then, consumer confidence has plummeted, the stock market is below 10,000, gasoline costs $1 more per gallon, unemployment is at 6%, home equity dropped $12 trillion, and people are no longer spending money on large purchases.

Americans wanted change in 2006 — and they got it. It wasn’t George Bush who brought this on; it was the Democratic Party in charge of both houses of Congress. Beyond these disasters, Democrats can boast of no other accomplishments in the past two years. And in spite of these disasters, polling data suggests that Americans are overwhelmingly in favor of more Democratic seats in the House and Senate.

The staff at Social Sense wonder, “How much more change can America stand?” A junior staffer asked, "Are Americans stupid?" If voters elect Barack Obama, and if they increase Democratic control over both house of Congress, then we are only at the edge of a deep and dangerous cesspit of economic despair.

Vote NO on Obama, and vote NO on Democrats in Congress.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Your average investor is putting their money into checking and saving accounts. I heard the average per week was 5 billion and shot to 190 billion. That's where some of the money is going.
    not what i meant, when the market is crashing like this...where is that money going to? it just vanishes into thin air

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm buying. Love the volatility. Buying and selling (not selling and buying) I tripled bankroll from April to September. Market is in panic, so a great time to buy ridiculous bargains. I wish I had more money to buy.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/14/2005

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maria Bartiromo was talking 300 miles an hour when the bottom fell out today. lol She can be such a girl.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/14/2005

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Maria Bartiromo was talking 300 miles an hour when the bottom fell out today. lol She can be such a girl.
    She and her husband are longterm stock investors..........and in it for the longhaul..........they are sweating.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    not what i meant, when the market is crashing like this...where is that money going to? it just vanishes into thin air
    Well, the money was never really there to begin with.

Think about this, for every $1 in US currency, it is actually used maybe 10 times over. See, when you put your $1 in the bank, the bank lends it to someone else as a loan to buy something, the dollar then goes to the seller that puts it into the bank where it's maybe lent to someone else, etc. If there was a sudden run on the banks and everyone wanted cash, there wouldn't be enough dollars in circulation to go around. The whole economy is based on "trust" that this kind of run will not happen.

Now, the government does have a limit on how much money banks must have on hand rather than just loaning everything out. There are various controls the government does have over the banks and other institutions. But as it is, the major players at Wall Street probably have leveraged whatever they can to speculate, trade, invest, whatever they do over there. The fact that everything is leveraged to the max is fine when the market is good, but it's just the opposite when the market is bad.

We'd become a "credit" society. Credit is based on trust. National trust is being stretched to the limit at the moment.