WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    The state of Florida is better. It has fed ...............and all of the other SEC teams which are all competitive.
    This couldn't be more false. I look at complete team rosters every year. Georgia gets probably 80% of their starting players from in state every year. LSU same way. Auburn, which is on the GA/Alabama border gets half of their players from GA and half from Alabama. Alabama and Mississippi, same thing.

Yea some players come from Florida to play at other southern schools but its the same at Florida schools. Florida schools have tons of athletes from other southern states every year.

But your statement is flawed. In the south each state provides for itself for the most part. Every southern state is about 50% black so there is no shortage of talent in any state.

GA, Louisianna, Alabama, Mississippi, SC, NC, Arkansas are all sesspools of athletic talent.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    This couldn't be more false. I look at complete team rosters every year. Georgia gets probably 80% of their starting players from in state every year. LSU same way. Auburn, which is on the GA/Alabama border gets half of their players from GA and half from Alabama. Alabama and Mississippi, same thing.

Yea some players come from Florida to play at other southern schools but its the same at Florida schools. Florida schools have tons of athletes from other southern states every year.

But your statement is flawed. In the south each state provides for itself for the most part. Every southern state is about 50% black so there is no shortage of talent in any state.

GA, Louisianna, Alabama, Mississippi, SC, NC, Arkansas are all sesspools of athletic talent.
    Sorry but you need to go back and look again. First, I didn't say most of their team was made of players from Florida. I said that Florida has been feeding there rosters. Auburn has around 15 players from Florida which is alot. Georgia has at least 10. If you keep adding that up around the SEC, there is alot of key players going to other schools in the SEC from Florida. That is just the SEC, then you add the ACC, Con. USA, Big East, etc.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

haven't read every post in here, but chiming in my .02

I know the SEC needs to get better with their passing. As of today half the league are ranked 90th or worse in Passing Offense , not 1 Big-12 team is below 90th.

UofK 90th
    Miss St. 92nd
    Tenn. 93rd
    Auburn 103rd
    Alabama 104th
    Vandy 117th

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    haven't read every post in here, but chiming in my .02

I know the SEC needs to get better with their passing. As of today half the league are ranked 90th or worse in Passing Offense , not 1 Big-12 team is below 90th.

UofK 90th
    Miss St. 92nd
    Tenn. 93rd
    Auburn 103rd
    Alabama 104th
    Vandy 117th

Well you have to ask yourself, Do the BIG 12 face the type of defenses in the SEC face???

I can say the BIG 12 need to have better defenses.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Well you have to ask yourself, Do the BIG 12 face the type of defenses in the SEC face???

Or maybe the qb's just suck.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Well that can be a point, but it's more of good defenses in the SEC, compared to no defense in the BIG 12!!

ZBOIZ

But you have to remember good defenses will over power good offenses any day!!

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    bingo! many of the sec qb's have been playing crappy in AND out of conference, just ask tennessee and miss state whose qbs couldnt do shit against the likes of ucla and louisiana tech, respectively

bad qb situations in the SEC:

south carolina - spurrier keeps shuffling them

tennessee - obvious

vandy - they cant pick a starter, nickson played like crap the past 2 wks

auburn - see tennessee

lsu - very inconsistent

miss st - a former walk on is starting!

arkansas - casey d has looked bad

BELOW AVERAGE QB PLAY IN THE SEC!!

great sec qb's: john parker wilson at bama, tebow at fla and stafford at georgia

it begins and ends right there

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Sorry but you need to go back and look again. First, I didn't say most of their team was made of players from Florida. I said that Florida has been feeding there rosters. Auburn has around 15 players from Florida which is alot. Georgia has at least 10. If you keep adding that up around the SEC, there is alot of key players going to other schools in the SEC from Florida. That is just the SEC, then you add the ACC, Con. USA, Big East, etc.
    And GA feeds Florida's roster, whats your point? My point is that GA gets the vast majority of their players in-state every year. SEC teams are notoriously famous for keeping the great in state players in state. Yes there are a few that go out of state every year but its the same with the southern states feeding Florida schools. Most of Florida's roster is from florida but florida has just as many out of staters as a percentage of the team as does any other SEC school. Its very low, just like every other SEC school.

I've been a GA fan my whole life. Our players come from in state every single year. No exceptions. Its the same for every other school in the SEC, just look at the rosters.

Whereas in the Big12, Texas feeds most of the skill positions there. And in the Pac10, California feeds most of the skill positions there.

This is not the case with Florida and the other SEC schools. Look at the rosters if you don't believe me.

Percy Harvin is from Virginia lol. Another southern state that feeds Florida schools. But if you look at florida's roster, its mostly floridians. Same with Alabama, mostly alabama boys. Same with mississippi, mostly mississippi or alabama boys. Same with LSU, mostly louisianna boys. Etc.
    Last edited by WileOut; 10-14-08 at 09:16 PM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

point noted.

In the top 30 of overall D, the SEC has 7 teams to the Big-12's 2

UofK 3rd 10.5 ppg
    Florida 10th 13 ppg
    Auburn 11th 13.1 ppg
    Bama 12th 13.5 ppg
    S.Car. 16th 15.0 ppg
    Vandy 22nd 16.3 ppg
    Tenn. 30th 18.2 ppg

Texas 18th 15.3 ppg
    Kansas 28th 18 ppg

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    point noted.

In the top 30 of overall D, the SEC has 7 teams to the Big-12's 2

UofK 3rd 10.5 ppg
    Florida 10th 13 ppg
    Auburn 11th 13.1 ppg
    Bama 12th 13.5 ppg
    S.Car. 16th 15.0 ppg
    Vandy 22nd 16.3 ppg
    Tenn. 30th 18.2 ppg

Texas 18th 15.3 ppg
    Kansas 28th 18 ppg
    this is because the SEC defenses are playing weaker offenses IN conference, and the BIG-12 defenses playing tougher ones

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    this is because the SEC defenses are playing weaker offenses IN conference, and the BIG-12 defenses playing tougher ones

yea yea

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    And GA feeds Florida's roster, whats your point? My point is that GA gets the vast majority of their players in-state every year. SEC teams are notoriously famous for keeping the great in state players in state. Yes there are a few that go out of state every year but its the same with the southern states feeding Florida schools. Most of Florida's roster is from florida but florida has just as many out of staters as a percentage of the team as does any other SEC school. Its very low, just like every other SEC school.

I've been a GA fan my whole life. Our players come from in state every single year. No exceptions. Its the same for every other school in the SEC, just look at the rosters.

Whereas in the Big12, Texas feeds most of the skill positions there. And in the Pac10, California feeds most of the skill positions there.

This is not the case with Florida and the other SEC schools. Look at the rosters if you don't believe me.

Percy Harvin is from Virginia lol. Another southern state that feeds Florida schools. But if you look at florida's roster, its mostly floridians. Same with Alabama, mostly alabama boys. Same with mississippi, mostly mississippi or alabama boys. Same with LSU, mostly louisianna boys. Etc.
    And USC has two of their best players from Louisiana and Arkansas lol. What I'm saying is Florida has more better players than Georgia or anybody else and Georgia is only one of two major schools in that state. Florida has 5 or six major schools and still has players to go around. If you argue with that then you are ignorant.

hoopster42

yea yea

i know it sucks to spew your bull shit around and have someone here (me) who is so knowledgeable about college football that i am making your head spin with the facts

i know it sucks, but i'm the college football sheriff around here now, any bull shit i see i will call it out IMMEDIATE-FUKKIN-LY

south carolina, as a 3 and a 1/2 pt home dog, will hand LSU their second loss of this young season

believe that, watch that, and weep while i laugh at your misery

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Florida has 5 or six major schools and still has players to go around. If you argue with that then you are ignorant.
    I can't argue with that cause UofL has been snagging players out of Florida since Howard Schnellengerger was coach.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    i know it sucks to spew your bull shit around and have someone here (me) who is so knowledgeable about college football that i am making your head spin with the facts

i know it sucks, but i'm the college football sheriff around here now, any bull shit i see i will call it out IMMEDIATE-FUKKIN-LY

south carolina, as a 3 and a 1/2 pt home dog, will hand LSU their second loss of this young season

believe that, watch that, and weep while i laugh at your misery

You will weep when USC loose to Washington State

And dont say there's no way they'll loose!!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

you'd be an idiot to argue that the south doesn't produce the best football talent in the U.S. That said, I think that the SEC is terrible when it comes to actually coaching and coming up with unique offenses. Lets see the top 5 teams from each conference.

SEC- Alabama, Georgia, Florida, (pick 2 from Vandy, Auburn, LSU)
    Big 12- Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Missouri, Oklahoma State (Kansas?)

right now the Big 12 is deeper, but DOES have teams that are easy wins. You could throw Arkansas in there for the SEC but I dont see anybody else after that.

First 123