ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

If you have seen this Documentary, Please check in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares

I think a lot of the posters losing their shit over here in the last 48 hours need to get on board and educate themselves. Please start with this excellent documentary.

Those of you who have seen it, what did you think? Maybe some people disagreed with the main message. Interested to hear that too.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I have seen it and its a very good documentary and the power of neoconservatives in America is dangerous for this country. That fact doesnt take away one iota from the incredible military operation and the incredible victory America achieved in taking out this mass murderer in Pakistan.

Bin laden was far from a military genius, he was actually something of a fool, he had unbelievable wealth and he squandered it on a foolish attack that cost the taliban and those that trusted Bin laden everything they had.

Those people who wanted more American involvement in the middle east couldn't have found a bigger patsy than Usama Bin laden.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I have seen it and its a very good documentary and the power of neoconservatives in America is dangerous for this country. That fact doesnt take away one iota from the incredible military operation and the incredible victory America achieved in taking out this mass murderer in Pakistan. Bin laden was far from a military genius, he was actually something of a fool, he had unbelievable wealth and he squandered it on a foolish attack that cost the taliban and those that trusted Bin laden everything they had. Those people who wanted more American involvement in the middle east couldn't have found a bigger patsy than Usama Bin laden.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

Chile, critical thinking does not mandate that one must subscribe to a contrarian position. Sometimes it does but in this and other threads you seem bent on defending the terrorists. And yes, they are terrorists and not freedom fighters or devout holy men. They are blood thirsty power mongers who cloak their own lust for power under the guise of being instruments of Allah and a literal interpretation of the Koran.

I read this link and it's absurd. I don't see any neo-conservatives using children as explosive devices nor do I see any women getting publicly stoned for infidelity. It is a misogynistic culture of paralyzing intractibility steeped in hate and served as a steady toxin to those that follow them.

You see in this country extremists from any political party are villified and politically neutralized. And to make the argument that any major political player in the United States is as extreme as the terrorists is nothing more than a punchline. You clearly have an agenda and you masquerade as though you're just an objective intellectual seeking the truth. Well here's the truth. Osama bin Laden and his disciples create nothing but fear and contribute nothing but devastation. There are very few black and white truths in life. Life is filled with shades of gray. However, there is no debate here. This is as black and white as good and evil. To make any other argument is disrespectful to his victims and insulting to anyone who lost a loved one in his attacks.

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Chile, critical thinking does not mandate that one must subscribe to a contrarian position. Sometimes it does but in this and other threads you seem bent on defending the terrorists. And yes, they are terrorists and not freedom fighters or devout holy men. They are blood thirsty power mongers who cloak their own lust for power under the guise of being instruments of Allah and a literal interpretation of the Koran.

I read this link and it's absurd. I don't see any neo-conservatives using children as explosive devices nor do I see any women getting publicly stoned for infidelity. It is a misogynistic culture of paralyzing intractibility steeped in hate and served as a steady toxin to those that follow them.

You see in this country extremists from any political party are villified and politically neutralized. And to make the argument that any major political player in the United States is as extreme as the terrorists is nothing more than a punchline. You clearly have an agenda and you masquerade as though you're just an objective intellectual seeking the truth. Well here's the truth. Osama bin Laden and his disciples create nothing but fear and contribute nothing but devastation. There are very few black and white truths in life. Life is filled with shades of gray. However, there is no debate here. This is as black and white as good and evil. To make any other argument is disrespectful to his victims and insulting to anyone who lost a loved one in his attacks.
    I have never once defended the terrorists. What happened on 9 11 was disturbing and should never be tolerated. I simply said, as anyone who looks into it will point out... Bin Laden was never really behind these attacks, and the joy over his death is misguided.
    For the record, as an atheist, I am deeply troubled by the religion of Islam. I understand that 98% of their members are peaceful, but that 2% is far more dangerous than any other 2% of any other main religion. Please dont confuse my condemning of the US retaliation to terrorism, as condoning terrorism itself.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    I have never once defended the terrorists. What happened on 9 11 was disturbing and should never be tolerated. I simply said, as anyone who looks into it will point out... Bin Laden was never really behind these attacks, and the joy over his death is misguided.
    For the record, as an atheist, I am deeply troubled by the religion of Islam. I understand that 98% of their members are peaceful, but that 2% is far more dangerous than any other 2% of any other main religion. Please dont confuse my condemning of the US retaliation to terrorism, as condoning terrorism itself.
    What do you mean bin Laden wasn't behind it?

Who was?

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    What do you mean bin Laden wasn't behind it?

Who was?
    We will never know. His name was thrown out mere hours after the attacks. And that was the story sold to the world. How could any intelligence agency know that fast who was behind all of this if they had no clue what was about to happen.
    It is the same story as the supposed WMDs in Iraq. They need to put a face on terror before the public will agree to fund a trillion dollar war. Thats all.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    Bin laden used his immense wealth to help the afghans in their war against the soviets and then befriended Omar and the Taliban and used their country as his base to launch his jihad against the US, basically Bin laden deceived the afghans .

We can see how well that jihad turned out for them, the taliban were decimated after 9/11 thanks to Bin ladens betrayal , Mullah omar is a hunted man, and Bin laden just had a bullet put in his head by Navy seals, and the US now has a solid presence in Afghanistan and Iraq thanks to this idiots attack.

If there were people in the US who wanted an expansionist US and a stronger involvement in the middle east , they couldn't have found bigger patsy than Bin laden. Bin laden was no conqueror like a modern day Alexander or Muhammad or even a really formidable revolutionary or terrorist, the outcome of all this has been a disaster for those that trusted him.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Bin laden used his immense wealth to help the afghans in their war against the soviets and then befriended Omar and the Taliban and used their country as his base to launch his jihad against the US, basically Bin laden deceived the afghans . We can see how well that jihad turned out for them, the taliban were decimated after 9/11 thanks to Bin ladens betrayal , Mullah omar is a hunted man, and Bin laden just had a bullet put in his head by Navy seals, and the US now has a solid presence in Afghanistan and Iraq thanks to this idiots attack. If there were people in the US who wanted an expansionist US and a stronger involvement in the middle east , they couldn't have found bigger patsy than Bin laden. Bin laden was no conqueror like a modern day Alexander or Muhammad or even a really formidable revolutionary or terrorist, the outcome of all this has been a disaster for those that trusted him.
    solid presence ok, winning the war in afganistan not at all

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

have not seen it but sounds interesting. will check it out

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Anyone see my tinfoil hat?

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Anyone see my tinfoil hat?
    This documentary is not discussing conspiracies. It is not "Loose Change". It simply goes over a historical time line of how the US in beds its own foreign policy, and the reasons why this might be. You do not have to agree. But dont dismiss it as made up fact.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

love these left wing types, they are all the same

the claim to abhor the terrorists

but are first in line to attempt to discredit the only group with the BALLS to do something about it

you think it was obamas idea to go after osama? please

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

We will never know. His name was thrown out mere hours after the attacks. And that was the story sold to the world. How could any intelligence agency know that fast who was behind all of this if they had no clue what was about to happen.
    It is the same story as the supposed WMDs in Iraq. They need to put a face on terror before the public will agree to fund a trillion dollar war. Thats all.
    He admitted responsibility...

And when there is an attack, Osama obviously would've been suspect #1, given all the other attacks he was behind (1st WTC, USS Cole, embassy bombings, etc).

It was Osama. It wasn't an inside job, it wasn't another country, it was a group of terrorists

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    love these left wing types, they are all the same

but are first in line to attempt to discredit the only group with the BALLS to do something about it

Wrong thread bro. This is just about a documentary.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

(Quote from wtf)...
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]love these left wing types, they are all the same

[/COLOR]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No...I'm sure that the excursion was led by some mealy-mouthed

half-wit wetting his pants in Hong Kong.

onetrickpony

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    He admitted responsibility...

And when there is an attack, Osama obviously would've been suspect #1, given all the other attacks he was behind (1st WTC, USS Cole, embassy bombings, etc).

It was Osama. It wasn't an inside job, it wasn't another country, it was a group of terrorists
    I am not saying it wasnt Al Queda. That is fact. My point is, he is just a figure head of it all.
    Saying Bid Laden was responsible and planned it , is akin to saying the Queen is responsible for England's next war too. That s all.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I did not see it but sounds interesting. But to unite and inspire no, only one thing that unites and inspires people is money and the ability to make it and keep it.!(taxes for defence,give aways and interest on national debt.) China owns a lot of bonds and can fook us up big time.!! (but that is a story for another day)

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Lol yes what happened was "disturbing"

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    (Quote from wtf)... [COLOR=#000000 !important]love these left wing types, they are all the same the claim to abhor the terrorists but are first in line to attempt to discredit the only group with the BALLS to do something about it you think it was obamas idea to go after osama? please[/COLOR] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ No...I'm sure that the excursion was led by some mealy-mouthed half-wit wetting his pants in Hong Kong.

why you guys get so upset when everyone does not agree with you and resort to childish name calling?

btw i served for my country did you pussy boy? no you did not

wtf

hey BRO

give us a synopsis what the documentary is about, come on , tell us bro

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Saying Bid Laden was responsible and planned it , is akin to saying the Queen is responsible for England's next war too. That s all.

ChileCheese

hey BRO

give us a synopsis what the documentary is about, come on , tell us bro
    Sorry brother, you ll just have to find out for yourself.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

why you guys get so upset when everyone does not agree with you and resort to childish name calling?

You can't rent a clue.... change your Depends.
    101st to you Navy boy.
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 05-03-11 at 07:16 PM.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Don't worry about that idiot 19th hole. That little bitch sends me pm's thinking I give a **** what he thinks.

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Excellent documentary
    Here are the links :
    Politics - The Power of Nightmares Part One - "Baby Its Cold Outside "
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22957676559056

Politics - The Power of Nightmares, (Part 2/3), “The Phantom Victory“
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81193659506084

Politics - The Power of Nightmares, (Part 3/3), “The Shadows in the Cave”
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...49975726132762

GL.

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Don't worry about that idiot 19th hole. That little bitch sends me pm's thinking I give a **** what he thinks.
    what the fuk are you talking about, i dont even know or care who you are

and to even care what you think is laughable gayboy-dream on