ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Food for Thought

These groups learned to speak the language we taught them. And our response was to speak in kind. The language of violence, the language of occupation—the occupation of the Middle East, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan—has been the best recruiting tool al-Qaida has been handed. If it is correct that Osama bin Laden is dead, then it will spiral upwards with acts of suicidal vengeance. And I expect most probably on American soil. The tragedy of the Middle East is one where we proved incapable of communicating in any other language than the brute and brutal force of empire.

And empire finally, as Thucydides understood, is a disease. As Thucydides wrote, the tyranny that the Athenian empire imposed on others it finally imposed on itself. The disease of empire, according to Thucydides, would finally kill Athenian democracy. And the disease of empire, the disease of nationalism … these of course are mirrored in the anarchic violence of these groups, but one that locks us in a kind of frightening death spiral. So while I certainly fear al-Qaida, I know its intentions. I know how it works. I spent months of my life reconstructing every step Mohamed Atta took. While I don’t in any way minimize their danger, I despair. I despair that we as a country, as Nietzsche understood, have become the monster that we are attempting to fight.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

How about u stfu and go post this in a politics forum.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Not really hungry

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    These groups learned to speak the language we taught them. And our response was to speak in kind. The language of violence, the language of occupation—the occupation of the Middle East, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan—has been the best recruiting tool al-Qaida has been handed. If it is correct that Osama bin Laden is dead, then it will spiral upwards with acts of suicidal vengeance. And I expect most probably on American soil. The tragedy of the Middle East is one where we proved incapable of communicating in any other language than the brute and brutal force of empire.

And empire finally, as Thucydides understood, is a disease. As Thucydides wrote, the tyranny that the Athenian empire imposed on others it finally imposed on itself. The disease of empire, according to Thucydides, would finally kill Athenian democracy. And the disease of empire, the disease of nationalism … these of course are mirrored in the anarchic violence of these groups, but one that locks us in a kind of frightening death spiral. So while I certainly fear al-Qaida, I know its intentions. I know how it works. I spent months of my life reconstructing every step Mohamed Atta took. While I don’t in any way minimize their danger, I despair. I despair that we as a country, as Nietzsche understood, have become the monster that we are attempting to fight.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

ChileCheese

Please dont talk to me like that Tod. You know better.
    But you are correct, and I would normally post this under the Politics forum, however, the in breds who need to read this dont go there. Ok?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont follow can u explain this

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

look at the responses already....idiots cannot handle the truth.

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    i dont follow can u explain this
    It is an excerpt from a short article.. but I didnt want to post the whole thing as I knew no one would read it.
    But since I know you are above the fray OTP, here is the link... its from Chris Hedges, a world famous Pulitzer winning writer... will take you less than 4 minutes.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...eath_20110502/

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

U must love the site Infowars

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

This isn't your country. You don't live here. You're simply a pathetic wanna-be.

Are you getting all this out before Bateman comes back to make you cry like a little bitch again??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    This isn't your country. You don't live here. You're simply a pathetic wanna-be. Are you getting all this out before Bateman comes back to make you cry like a little bitch again??

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    This isn't your country. You don't live here. You're simply a pathetic wanna-be.

Are you getting all this out before Bateman comes back to make you cry like a little bitch again??
    I enjoy Bateman immensely sir. He is amusing on so many levels, and a study in the human condition. That being said, I have never, nor will I ever, cry like a little bitch. Although I should not say never, you never know... but def not at the hands of that balding bafoon. Bateman is under the impression I am a little, skinny boy who he could beat up. That being said, I have offered to meet him, when I am back in North America, and I will be glad to give him the first punch.

You sir, are an angry, angry man, who uses the cloak of patriotism (nationalism really) to hide all the fear and shame that boils down deep, deep inside you. Man up and show a little respect. Once again, I have said nothing derogatory, and here you are hurling insults and epitaphs. Time to grow up and man up.

ChileCheese

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Good read, the writer knows what he is talking about and got most of the points right IMHO.

onetrickpony

It is an excerpt from a short article.. but I didnt want to post the whole thing as I knew no one would read it. But since I know you are above the fray OTP, here is the link... its from Chris Hedges, a world famous Pulitzer winning writer... will take you less than 4 minutes. http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...eath_20110502/
    that was a good read, u cant fight fire with fire. the money spent on the war could have rebuilt parts of afghanistan which in turn would cut some of the farmers who grew opium. without the drugs al queda and taliban would be severly weakened, cut the flow of money and the organization is done. taliban was pretty close to being dismantled in 2000, wonder how they started back up who gave them the funds

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes you nailed you
    hicks,rednecks and uneducated americans are easy to be manipulated
    I love it !

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    that was a good read, u cant fight fire with fire. the money spent on the war could have rebuilt parts of afghanistan which in turn would cut some of the farmers who grew opium. without the drugs al queda and taliban would be severly weakened, cut the flow of money and the organization is done. taliban was pretty close to being dismantled in 2000, wonder how they started back up who gave them the funds
    This is so true. And I mean, we know why Govt's act as they do. But why are the people on here so willfully blind to whats going on. And just assume the rest of the world is jealous. Haha. Grow up kids.

onetrickpony

This is so true. And I mean, we know why Govt's act as they do. But why are the people on here so willfully blind to whats going on. And just assume the rest of the world is jealous. Haha. Grow up kids.