ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's obvious that OKC wins more when Westbrook isn't scoring more than Durant. Watching the end of this game it was apparent they would've had a chance had he NOT been in the game. He's a cancer when the game actually means something. It's like he's out to sabatoge his own team...I mean how could one make such bad decisions and stay in the game. He should not be their PG and Brooks needs to stop sticking up for him.

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

its not his fault, they dont have a lot of scoring threats, durant and harden are the only other 2 guys on the entire team that can create their own shots, and they really dont have any other shooters to space the floor. westbrook needs to score a lot for them to win games.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's the only one that was doing anything tonight. There's times he pushes it a bit and is out of control but he certainly played well tonight. REmember, he hasnt been point guard that long and he didn't play much at UCLA, he's only gonna get better.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Westbrook is a SG in a PG body

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by hitthew8room View Post
    its not his fault, they dont have a lot of scoring threats, durant and harden are the only other 2 guys on the entire team that can create their own shots, and they really dont have any other shooters to space the floor. westbrook needs to score a lot for them to win games.
    5 guys on the same team on the floor, no need to have to create your own shot.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hitthew8room View Post
    It is his fault, he needs to PASS the ball in order for anyone else to be able to get any shots. If you notice the more he scores the more games they lose, when he gets tons of assists they win its a fact. The entire team had 11 assists for the game but as the starting pg RW should have had 11 assists himself.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    It is his fault, he needs to PASS the ball in order for anyone else to be able to get any shots. If you notice the more he scores the more games they lose, when he gets tons of assists they win its a fact. The entire team had 11 assists for the game but as the starting pg RW should have had 11 assists himself.
    Eh... respectfully disagree... looked like Durant and Harden were throwing up bricks. Perkins and Sefolosha were a joke.

Not a Westbrook fan at all, but he was the only that showed up. When they took him out (was it 2Q?) Thunder were a pathetic team indeed. His FTs saved them from complete meltdown.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know what guys...I think Westbrook is a problem but not the only problem. I think that he's overshadowing another glaring defect that they have and that's Kendrick Perkins. Has anyone looked at his efficiency numbers? The guy is providing nothing on the offensive end and isn't the force on defense that you think he should be. Personally I think they need to start Collison and put him on Dirk. I like what I see from him when he's on the floor. He gives you points and plays as good of defense as you can on Dirk...I watched him for a while tonight and the guy is about as defensive sound as you can get. I'm too tipsy to get into details, but look at the numbers and the answers are there.

Westbrook is a problem because he makes bad decisions at inopportune times...Perkins has no excuse - all he has is a scowl and 6 fouls. Coach needs to really look at his line-ups and minute distribution because Maynor and Collins deserve to be on the floor more.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Westbrook gets too much criticism. At times, him and Durant are the only scorers on the floor and teams key on Durant so Westbrook has to take shots.

The kid is only 21 as well. He'll get better.

First 123