bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Boston is dogshit

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    ... Pierce didn't jump into him. He tried to, but Jones came down on him with both arms. It was a clear flagrant, especially if they were going to call that weak one on Jermaine. He received a second tech for no reason, which is why people are mad. Wade stepped to him after the whistle, Pierce was just standing there. Wade started talking, Pierce responded. Not worth a T, especially in the playoffs
    Again how is that flagrant worthy? Jones received a tech after Pierce gave him a little head butt, blown call right there. Wasn't the wade/pierce call a double tech? Pierce should of just walked away especially in the situation he was already in it was either call a double tech or just a foul call on Wade if Pierce took himself out of that position. Jermaine O'neil 250+ lb guy body blocking instead of setting screens is flagrant worth sorry!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Again how is that flagrant worthy? Jones received a tech after Pierce gave him a little head butt, blown call right there. Wasn't the wade/pierce call a double tech? Pierce should of just walked away especially in the situation he was already in it was either call a double tech or just a foul call on Wade if Pierce took himself out of that position. Jermaine O'neil 250+ lb guy body blocking instead of setting screens is flagrant worth sorry!
    I agree, the tech on Jones was a bad call. Heat got lucky though, because a flagrant would've hurt them more. Yea, it was a double tech on Pierce/Wade, but it shouldn't have been. Pierce shouldn't have to walk away from a guy talking crap. If Wade shoved him, than yes, Pierce should've walked away, but just some shit talking? That happens all the time without T's being called.

And Jermaine had position in the paint, Jones just ran into his shoulder and flopped to the ground. Jermaine did move his shoulder into it a bit, but Jones ran into him regardless. Jermaine moving his shoulder a few inches wouldn't have been an issue if Jones didn't run into him

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

People always look for a scapegoat to pin their shitty bets on. The refs didn't make Boston lose, a week layoff did. They're lucky to only lose by 9.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I dont know why u projected a game 7. There might not even be a game six. Miami in 4 or 5

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10824

is this wrestling or basketball?

GamblingGuru
    GamblingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's pretty obvious the refs blew this game. I am not a Celtics fan, and I am not a heat fan - in fact, I dislike them both equally. Let me also state that yes I did bet on this game, but the calls luckily did not impact the result of my bet.

Anyone who knows basketball, and more importantly knows the RULES of basketball, can realize that both calls on Paul Pierce were blown calls. I won't even comment on the Jermaine O'Neal situation, as I did not see it live, nor have I seen a replay of it yet.

The first Pierce technical:
    Paul Pierce pump faked, and got his man (James Jones) up in the air. He then went to shoot, jump into him, and hopefully draw the foul - a very common NBA play. Now what many of you don't seem to understand is that a Flagrant Foul is when a player uses excessive contact, deemed unnecessary, and/or when a player fouls an offensive player, WITHOUT making a play on the ball. This is exactly what happened in this situation, as James Jones fouled him, and grabbed his arms/back/entire body, without ever trying to make a play on the ball.

That should have been called a Flagrant Foul immediately, and Paul Pierce's reaction was not deserving of a technical. He never headbutted him, no matter how many times Mark Jackson/Van Gundy (I forget which one continued calling it a headbutt) claimed that he did.

Regardless, I understand giving Pierce a Technical so that the game does not get out of hand. BUT, a DOUBLE Technical? James Jones did not do one thing to deserve a technical. This entire play was a mess.

The second Pierce Technical:
    Dwayne Wade was guarding Ray Allen as he was running off screens. It was obvious that Dwayne Wade deliberately lowered his shoulder and ran into Paul Pierce with WAY more force than is necessary in BASKETBALL. The ref then blows his whistle and calls a foul on Wade. No problem with this so far.

Immediately following the whistle and the foul, Pierce and Wade exchange a few words. Please tell me what basketball player doesn't talk trash, especially in a heated playoff series? You could tell the ref was anticipating that call, as he called the Technical before either of them could say more than one sentence each to each other.

This is the wrong call, PERIOD. These are two All-Stars, not to bench players. This is the NBA playoffs, not high school basketball. Not only does this call dramatically affect the potential outcome of the game, by ejecting the Captain of the Celtics team, but it did so when the game mattered the most, in the fourth quarter. If these were the real rules in the NBA, do you realize how many games Michael Jordan would NOT of finished? or Kobe? or ANYONE?

If you watched the post game show, Michael Wilbon said it perfectly. He essentially said that it does not matter what he said, that he could say the worst thing in the world possible to Dwayne Wade, and that it shouldn't be worthy of a second Technical and automatic ejection. These two are top tier players, in a heated contest in the fourth quarter of the playoffs. Do you really expect them to not jaw at each other? That's absurd. As long as that smack talking stays between the players, and does not turn into a fight, then the refs should let them play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ShogunRua, rake922, GAMBLOR777, dude_bg, and Jimb0311

nickos86
    nickos86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by GamblingGuru View Post
    It's pretty obvious the refs blew this game. I am not a Celtics fan, and I am not a heat fan - in fact, I dislike them both equally. Let me also state that yes I did bet on this game, but the calls luckily did not impact the result of my bet.

Anyone who knows basketball, and more importantly knows the RULES of basketball, can realize that both calls on Paul Pierce were blown calls. I won't even comment on the Jermaine O'Neal situation, as I did not see it live, nor have I seen a replay of it yet.

Paul Pierce pump faked, and got his man (James Jones) up in the air. He then went to shoot, jump into him, and hopefully draw the foul - a very common NBA play. Now what many of you don't seem to understand is that a Flagrant Foul is when a player uses excessive contact, deemed unnecessary, and/or when a player fouls an offensive player, WITHOUT making a play on the ball. This is exactly what happened in this situation, as James Jones fouled him, and grabbed his arms/back/entire body, without ever trying to make a play on the ball.

That should have been called a Flagrant Foul immediately, and Paul Pierce's reaction was not deserving of a technical. He never headbutted him, no matter how many times Mark Jackson/Van Gundy (I forget which one continued calling it a headbutt) claimed that he did.

Regardless, I understand giving Pierce a Technical so that the game does not get out of hand. BUT, a DOUBLE Technical? James Jones did not do one thing to deserve a technical. This entire play was a mess.

Dwayne Wade was guarding Ray Allen as he was running off screens. It was obvious that Dwayne Wade deliberately lowered his shoulder and ran into Paul Pierce with WAY more force than is necessary in BASKETBALL. The ref then blows his whistle and calls a foul on Wade. No problem with this so far.

Immediately following the whistle and the foul, Pierce and Wade exchange a few words. Please tell me what basketball player doesn't talk trash, especially in a heated playoff series? You could tell the ref was anticipating that call, as he called the Technical before either of them could say more than one sentence each to each other.

This is the wrong call, PERIOD. These are two All-Stars, not to bench players. This is the NBA playoffs, not high school basketball. Not only does this call dramatically affect the potential outcome of the game, by ejecting the Captain of the Celtics team, but it did so when the game mattered the most, in the fourth quarter. If these were the real rules in the NBA, do you realize how many games Michael Jordan would NOT of finished? or Kobe? or ANYONE?

If you watched the post game show, Michael Wilbon said it perfectly. He essentially said that it does not matter what he said, that he could say the worst thing in the world possible to Dwayne Wade, and that it shouldn't be worthy of a second Technical and automatic ejection. These two are top tier players, in a heated contest in the fourth quarter of the playoffs. Do you really expect them to not jaw at each other? That's absurd. As long as that smack talking stays between the players, and does not turn into a fight, then the refs should let them play.
    I agree the O'Neal/Jones/Pierce decisions were bullshit. For all the reasons listed right above by Gambling Guru.

But Snowball you spastic listen to yourself buddy. You disagreed completely yesterday when someone claimed the BOS/MIA series was rigged by refs/NBA to go to seven games:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Series have not been getting extended.
    The better teams are winning quickly.
    The officiating, honestly, has been spectacular.
    On another note,

Obama said he would come to a game if Bulls made it to the Finals. TV interview with D.Rose about it.
    Something similar here:
    http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...,2656368.story
    Last edited by nickos86; 05-01-11 at 07:32 PM. Reason: link

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Tim Donaghy said on his facebook page that in that situation, pierce shouldn't have been tossed anything short of calling the ref a "No good MF"

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Bitches been on the Heat's nuts all day. I hate this shit. NBA is so fuking fake. You have to watch the first few minutes of the game then take a live bet once you figure out who the ref's are backing.
    you seem to really believe this

rsnnh12

Tweet from Yahoo's NBA guy
    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Ref Dan Crawford on Pierce 2nd tech: "..A verbal taunt. He directed profanity at Wade. And in the rule book, that is a verbal taunt."

Seriously? A verbal taunt? Every single player would be ejected by the 2nd quarter if they held to that. Weak call was weak

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

James Jones foul should NOT be flagarant. He simply did all he could to make sure Pierce couldn't get an and-1 after the initial foul. However, if you do you that is flagarant then the fouls Rondo and Garnett committed on Lebron (bearhugging him on fastbreaks) are flagarant as well. Both situations have the same intention.

The following reaction by Pierce I'm shocked did not get him ejected immediately. The technical foul on Jones was just absurd.

The second T on Pierce in and of itself was ridiculous, but I suspect Malloy tossed him more as a carryover from the first play then from whatever Pierce said to Wade.

Also, anyone who thinks Wade running through the screen was flagarant and/or dirty just plain doesn't watch basketball enough.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets15 View Post
    you seem to really believe this
    Have you been watching the NBA? You can pretty much figure out who the refs are on real early in the 1st quarter and that's who's been winning these playoffs. Did you see the SA/Memphis game the other night? Ref's were all over the Griz, no way was the Spurs going to win that one. The refs don't even give a shit anymore. They will call a game one sided and not even worry about getting called out by anyone. The media won't call them out and the coaches and players better not, else they get fined or suspended.

These guys have a license to control the game and it's pathetic. Even college bball during March was horseshit. And before you say it, I haven't put a dime on March Madness nor the NBA playoffs, so I'm calling it as I see it.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

refs stalled momentum, otherwise Miama wins by 30+

GamblingGuru

Quote Originally Posted by BrewVegas View Post
    James Jones foul should NOT be flagarant. He simply did all he could to make sure Pierce couldn't get an and-1 after the initial foul. However, if you do you that is flagarant then the fouls Rondo and Garnett committed on Lebron (bearhugging him on fastbreaks) are flagarant as well. Both situations have the same intention. The following reaction by Pierce I'm shocked did not get him ejected immediately. The technical foul on Jones was just absurd. The second T on Pierce in and of itself was ridiculous, but I suspect Malloy tossed him more as a carryover from the first play then from whatever Pierce said to Wade. Also, anyone who thinks Wade running through the screen was flagarant and/or dirty just plain doesn't watch basketball enough.
    What you fail to see is that he never made a play on the ball. I understand he did all he could to make sure Pierce couldn't complete the and-1, but it was excessive contact and he did not make a play on the ball. I can't comment on the fouls Rondo and Garnett committed because I didn't see them (only watched the 4th quarter), but I understand what you're getting at.

Pierce's initial reaction did NOT deserve an ejection, as he reacted to a hard foul, as many players do. Had he carried out the headbutt, then yes, an ejection would be well deserved. Couldn't agree more on the technical on Jones, absurd is the perfect word to describe it.

I completely agree with your thoughts on the second T, but that still does NOT justify the call. It was simply the wrong call, as he should not base a technical on something that happens 2 minutes ago, 5 minutes ago, or 3 games ago. The referee's are SUPPOSE (emphasis on this, lol) to be there to enforce the rules, not to impact the outcome of the game because of personal vendettas.

As for Wade's foul - Yes, it was NOT a Flagrant, but it was dirty. People run through screens all the time, don't get me wrong, but when you see it coming, lower your shoulder, and bull rush the screen-er, that is dirty. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a dirty player, it was just a dirty play - albeit very minimally dirty.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Dog wrapping up a player up to take away his ability to get the shot off is making a play on the ball. Flagrant fouls are pretty automatic and there isn't much debate. Players get wrapped up all the time so they don't continue the shot after a foul. If he wrapped up his face and pierce fell on the ground most likely it would of been called but not a very good defensive play by Jones to not give up a 3pt play, I am telling you guys this Miami Heat D is very serious. and its also well know refs are trigger happy to call fouls and such after a tech is handed out especially after players start beefing which is why Pierce picked up that 2nd tech on the quick. Can't believe some of you really thing this game was controlled considering Miami had a 20+ point lead for a good majority of the game lol.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    refs stalled momentum, otherwise Miama wins by 30+
    this

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The fix is in.. for 7-game series.
    MIA win both home games
    BOS win both home games
    MIA win game 5
    BOS win game 6
    game 7 probably MIA fixed..

hate the NBA rigged bs
    If this is true then you should be celebrating because you can make as much money as you want to make.

Here is my take on it. Boston has no chance since trading Perkins. NONE. The reason for trading Perkins was because Ainge was either going to get something for him now or lose him in offseason for nothing. Well this is the Celtics last year of possibly winning it all anyway. So he should have kept him for this one last go at it. Next year Boston will be an afterthought, with or without Perkins. This was their year.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    If this is true then you should be celebrating because you can make as much money as you want to make.

Here is my take on it. Boston has no chance since trading Perkins. NONE. The reason for trading Perkins was because Ainge was either going to get something for him now or lose him in offseason for nothing. Well this is the Celtics last year of possibly winning it all anyway. So he should have kept him for this one last go at it. Next year Boston will be an afterthought, with or without Perkins. This was their year.
    CAN WE CUT THE KENDRICK PERKINS BULLSHIT!!!!

KENDRICK PERKINS IS NOT a 1999 SHAQ!!!! Jesus christ

rsnnh12

Dog wrapping up a player up to take away his ability to get the shot off is making a play on the ball. Flagrant fouls are pretty automatic and there isn't much debate. Players get wrapped up all the time so they don't continue the shot after a foul. If he wrapped up his face and pierce fell on the ground most likely it would of been called but not a very good defensive play by Jones to not give up a 3pt play, I am telling you guys this Miami Heat D is very serious. and its also well know refs are trigger happy to call fouls and such after a tech is handed out especially after players start beefing which is why Pierce picked up that 2nd tech on the quick. Can't believe some of you really thing this game was controlled considering Miami had a 20+ point lead for a good majority of the game lol.
    Wasn't their biggest lead 18?

Bottom line is the refs killed comebacks with BS calls. Jermaine didn't deserve a flagrant, that led to a 5 point possession. Pierce got kicked out on a BS technical for trash talking, after Wade got in his face.

The Cs played like crap and didn't deserve to win, but that doesn't excuse horrible officiating

GamblingGuru

The Cs played like crap and didn't deserve to win, but that doesn't excuse horrible officiating
    This. And this exactly. I don't care the outcome of the game, but it should never be determined because some douche bag ref had some sort of agenda.

I'm not saying the NBA [or referee(s)] helped the Heat to a victory - as they clearly played better throughout the game - but who's to say they weren't trying to assure the 5 point spread? There's no reason for a ref to ever decide a game, way too many of them have biased opinions, for one reason or another. Unfortunately, this will continue because that's how most people are in society (biased), therefore it will probably continue to be a problem in all sports, regardless of replays or any other advancement.

GamblingGuru

http://youtu.be/QybTXexIXYA and http://youtu.be/o78cWkBB8ig ... please watch both these videos and tell me where Paul Pierce deserved a technical.

A - James Jones never attempts to go for the ball, a clear flagrant foul. PERIOD.

B - Pierce's reaction, he never headbutts him. He puts his face up into James Jones' face, but never headbutts him. You obviously saw James Jones' reaction/FLOP because there was no HEADBUTT.

Headbutt - to deliberately strike (someone) with the head.

You must have awful vision or a very biased opinion if you don't notice he did not strike forward with his head, he just got up in his face. PERIOD.

C - the second technical, Dwayne Wade clearly commits a foul, which is called, but immediately after the whistle, he continues to walk forward and talk sh*t to Pierce, in which Pierce obviously responds. Notice in the video, the ref never once restrains or even acknowledges Wade, he strictly was focused on restraining Pierce and T'ing him up the moment he got a chance to. PERIOD.

I don't know what game your watching, but these two videos clearly illustrate what I am expressing, as opposed to your opinions. If anyone could link the Jermaine O'Neal Flagrant Foul, or either the two "bearhugging" fouls on Lebron James that someone mentioned, it would be greatly appreciated.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

http://youtu.be/QybTXexIXYA and http://youtu.be/o78cWkBB8ig ... please watch both these videos and tell me where Paul Pierce deserved a technical. A - James Jones never attempts to go for the ball, a clear flagrant foul. PERIOD. B - Pierce's reaction, he never headbutts him. He puts his face up into James Jones' face, but never headbutts him. You obviously saw James Jones' reaction/FLOP because there was no HEADBUTT. Headbutt - to deliberately strike (someone) with the head. You must have awful vision or a very biased opinion if you don't notice he did not strike forward with his head, he just got up in his face. PERIOD. C - the second technical, Dwayne Wade clearly commits a foul, which is called, but immediately after the whistle, he continues to walk forward and talk sh*t to Pierce, in which Pierce obviously responds. Notice in the video, the ref never once restrains or even acknowledges Wade, he strictly was focused on restraining Pierce and T'ing him up the moment he got a chance to. PERIOD. I don't know what game your watching, but these two videos clearly illustrate what I am expressing, as opposed to your opinions. If anyone could link the Jermaine O'Neal Flagrant Foul, or either the two "bearhugging" fouls on Lebron James that someone mentioned, it would be greatly appreciated.
    You and others are looking at the ejection as if the ref directly ejected Pierce as opposed to giving him his 2nd technical which resulted in an automatic ejection.

A. A flagrant foul is a serious contact foul involving unnecessary and/or excessive and/or intentional contact in sport. There is a specific National Basketball Association foul termed a flagrant foul. Jones made a play on the ball by not allowing Pierce to get the continuation shot off most defenders forget to do this which results in a player getting an opportunity for a 3pt play.

B. It wasn't a headbutt but it was enough contact to warrant a technical. Why Jones received a tech I have no idea (blown call) and you consider that a flop?

C. Like my starting sentence it was a double tech, Pierce got most of the acknowledgment because he had just received his 2nd tech and the ref was telling him right then and there you got to go. Every time a tech is handed out refs get tight about how you play D because they don't want players to continue fighting, delaying the games and such even the announcers mention it all the time when a foul is called after a tech.

rsnnh12

You and others are looking at the ejection as if the ref directly ejected Pierce as opposed to giving him his 2nd technical which resulted in an automatic ejection.

A. A flagrant foul is a serious contact foul involving unnecessary and/or excessive and/or intentional contact in sport. There is a specific National Basketball Association foul termed a flagrant foul. Jones made a play on the ball by not allowing Pierce to get the continuation shot off most defenders forget to do this which results in a player getting an opportunity for a 3pt play.

B. It wasn't a headbutt but it was enough contact to warrant a technical. Why Jones received a tech I have no idea (blown call) and you consider that a flop?

C. Like my starting paragraph it was a double tech, Pierce got most of the acknowledgment because he had just received his 2nd tech and the ref was telling him right then and there you got to go. Every time a tech is handed out refs get tight about how you play D because they don't want players to continue fighting, delaying the games and such even the announcers mention it all the time when a foul is called after a tech.
    We get that it was a double tech, but it shouldn't have been. The ref didn't look at Wade moving towards Pierce after fouling him hard and talking shit, he was watching Pierce the whole way and T'd him up for saying a few words. That's beyond ridiculous, and unacceptable in the playoffs. He didn't touch Wade, didn't make an aggressive move towards him, nothing. Wade escalated it, with zero repercussion. Notice how no one on the Cs baited him into a pathetic 2nd T, like Wade did to Pierce

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

We get that it was a double tech, but it shouldn't have been. The ref didn't look at Wade moving towards Pierce after fouling him hard and talking shit, he was watching Pierce the whole way and T'd him up for saying a few words. That's beyond ridiculous, and unacceptable in the playoffs. He didn't touch Wade, didn't make an aggressive move towards him, nothing. Wade escalated it, with zero repercussion. Notice how no one on the Cs baited him into a pathetic 2nd T, like Wade did to Pierce
    Then if Pierce was a smarter he wouldn't have tried to entertain that situation because both were acknowledge and both received techs a classic case of getting into your opponents head. This doesn't surprise me either Pierce is one of those guys who loves shitting on his opponents in their own court. I already stated earlier refs are trigger happy after a tech is given out I can't even count how many times I have heard the commentators say that.

germanboi
    germanboi's Avatar Become A Pro!

This reminds me of Rose shouting directly into the refs ears after getting a foul and not getting a tech recently. Why should 2 players talking shit to each other merit a tech then?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by germanboi View Post
    This reminds me of Rose shouting directly into the refs ears after getting a foul and not getting a tech recently. Why should 2 players talking shit to each other merit a tech then?
    Good question and I don't think you will find a for sure answer because not all refs are the same but there probably wouldn't be any call if double techs weren't previously given out.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

dan crawford better not be reffing tonight

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

game 2 doesn't look rigged.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

a lot of baby fouls called on miami 2nd half and they missed one that should of been called on rondo taking the ball away from big z

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I didn't see the game today. But has does a big man (Kevin Garnett) take 20 shots and never get to the foul line? that has to be some record.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I didn't see the game today. But has does a big man (Kevin Garnett) take 20 shots and never get to the foul line? that has to be some record.
    i only tuned into the 2nd half but he was shooting all catch and shoot perimeter shots.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

You obviously missed several times when he tried to drive to the hole and was hit over the head with no calls? After a while you give up on going to the hole when the other team has a license to kill. Joel Anthony can grab and hold anyone and not get called. Pretty bad when role players like him and Chalmers can hack and not get called.

brandonrev777
    brandonrev777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat in 5 no fix

First 1234 Last