1. #1
    ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-06
    Posts: 2,244

    WagerWeb Closing a Race Minutes Before Post?

    I was with Wagerweb about five years ago. I liked the "reward" they gave to customers that were with them for one month only: a free half point on football.

    I guess they didn't think it out, as the following year they dropped it, and just gave the standard and tiny "rewards" in the form of a few cents on each dollar you bet.

    I was satisfied otherwise with the book. And twice when I complained or corrected them on a few snags they stuck some money in my account for the heads-up.

    I think a guy named Dave ran the place, or owned it.

    But even when I was no longer with them, when an elderly friend of mine how used to own racehorses asked me for a good book, I recommended Wagerweb.

    All went fine until this year, when my friend made a good hit and wanted to withdraw money, and they had some kind of bull in place to do it, like you pay a small fortune an get a "matching bet." (Makes it hard to get out of there,)

    Today, I called to give my friend the (winnng) horse at Oak Tree.

    He doesn't have a computer but does have Horse Racing TV, so was watching the race. At 5 minutes to post he tried to call in his bet.

    "The horses were just finishing their warm-up when I began to call," he said.

    And he got a busy signal. Called right back, another busy signal. Gee, it's not Derby or Breeder's Cut day, you should be able to call five mintues to post and not hit a busy signal.

    Then, in desperation, he called sports (he also bets a little football) and they told him the 4th race was closed out, and they were only taking bets for the 5th race on.

    So, my friend got screwed out of a small winner.

    I'm assuming the WW now closes a race at a minute or two to post.

    I know their rating has been downgraded recently. I'm wondering if they've maybe on a short stick, and can't employ enough clerks to answer phones and take bets?

  2. #2
    Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-21-05
    Posts: 9,288

    Actually their SBR rating hasn't been downgraded recently. They deserve it IMO but it hasn't happened.

    I can only speak about the sportsbook side. For years they have been cheesy but this year they have taken a turn for the scammish.

    Looks like you're saying the racebook has problems too. Doesn't surprise me.


    "D" organization at best.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005


  3. #3
    robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-07
    Posts: 13,206
    Betpoints: 42

    Quote Originally Posted by ritehook View Post
    I was with Wagerweb about five years ago. I liked the "reward" they gave to customers that were with them for one month only: a free half point on football.

    I guess they didn't think it out, as the following year they dropped it, and just gave the standard and tiny "rewards" in the form of a few cents on each dollar you bet.

    I was satisfied otherwise with the book. And twice when I complained or corrected them on a few snags they stuck some money in my account for the heads-up.

    I think a guy named Dave ran the place, or owned it.

    But even when I was no longer with them, when an elderly friend of mine how used to own racehorses asked me for a good book, I recommended Wagerweb.

    All went fine until this year, when my friend made a good hit and wanted to withdraw money, and they had some kind of bull in place to do it, like you pay a small fortune an get a "matching bet." (Makes it hard to get out of there,)

    Today, I called to give my friend the (winnng) horse at Oak Tree.

    He doesn't have a computer but does have Horse Racing TV, so was watching the race. At 5 minutes to post he tried to call in his bet.

    "The horses were just finishing their warm-up when I began to call," he said.

    And he got a busy signal. Called right back, another busy signal. Gee, it's not Derby or Breeder's Cut day, you should be able to call five mintues to post and not hit a busy signal.

    Then, in desperation, he called sports (he also bets a little football) and they told him the 4th race was closed out, and they were only taking bets for the 5th race on.

    So, my friend got screwed out of a small winner.

    I'm assuming the WW now closes a race at a minute or two to post.

    I know their rating has been downgraded recently. I'm wondering if they've maybe on a short stick, and can't employ enough clerks to answer phones and take bets?
    I read this and was suprised. To my knowledge there isn't a seperate horse betting telephone #. Everything is done through the sports reps. I have called in bets w/ them for over 2 years and have never got a busy signal. I have got a message that says to wait for the next rep. This is a bit weird because their horse software, DGS, takes bets until the race goes off. I'm talking in the gate. Mostly I play online vs calling in the bets and have never had a problem. If you find out more on it, especially the # he called that was busy, I'm interested to hear about it.


    Also, I am not touting them. They do have good payout caps on pick 3/4, which is why I like them for horses.

  4. #4
    ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-06
    Posts: 2,244

    Well, my friend made a lot of phone bets with them over the years, and says that was the first time he had a busy signal. It does seem strange to get a busy signal on a toll-free number.

    But he said when he made the call he was watching on TV and the horses had just started the march to post.

    Not having been there I don't know exactly what happened, just what he told me. I told him to let it slide for now, and to try to call a little earlier.

    While he is well into his senior years, he did once own horses, and also for a few years had his own small-time handbook. (Which he dropped after he was arrested for it.) So it's not like he doesn't know the game.

    Maybe th time just got away from him. But WW is not the same great book it was when it was called Casablanca Sports, or CBS as they started to cutely call it. And then Dave, as i understand it, decided to tell the real CBS to go fuk themselves when they asked him to change the name, they sued, and tail between legs Casa changed their name and have never been so cocksure since. Nor as good. JMO

  5. #5
    Rand790
    Rand790's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-07
    Posts: 158

    Wagerweb is the worst sports book on the planet. Everyone should avoid this place. If you win, you will not get paid, unless your name is ROBMPINK.

  6. #6
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Quote Originally Posted by WagerWeb SUCKS!! View Post
    Wagerweb is the worst sports book on the planet. Everyone should avoid this place. If you win, you will not get paid, unless your name is ROBMPINK.
    To my knowledge, only 1 player has not been paid there that won. That player past-posted them 70 times by exploiting software, agreed to a new figure that excluded the past-posts, then balked when he found out he was a net loser without the past-posts. That same player lied to me more than once on key issues when I was trying to help him, whereas Wagerweb has never lied to me.

    Wagerweb is not an A book, but they are not a stiff book. Books that routinely rob or screw players are never rated in the C-range.

  7. #7
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,210
    Betpoints: 3163

    There are 20 books that are way better so why play there?

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  8. #8
    robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-07
    Posts: 13,206
    Betpoints: 42

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There are 20 books that are way better so why play there?
    Regarding horse racing I'm confidant you can't name 10 books that accept us players and have higher payout limits for major tracks (excluding Twinspire and other type places where you pay tax on 600-1).

    Hit a $20,000 pick 4 at Belmont while playing at WW and you will get $20,000. Play at Bet Jam and hit the $20,000 pick 4. You will get $600.


    I know WWdoesn't have the best sports odds, but since I've been playing at WW I haven't had to go to the track again and I live 5 minutes from one. I strictly bet pick 3's and 4's.

    If you play horses offshore or wherever just make sure they offer decent max payout caps. There aren't many and that is why JJ won't be able to mention 10. Also with places like Twinspire, if you hit something for $200,000 ok it is good. You will get paid full track payout. Also you will have to pay taxes. My advice is, if you actually play a combo that could pay this much have a twinspire account or go to the track to bet these types of possible payouts where as it is better to play the rest at WW or other books that have good payout caps. You have to use your head. If I'm betting a pick 4 at Belmont I don't worry about putting a 30-1 ml in the ticket for fear of losing money on a big payout.


    The bottom line is people use certain books for different reasons. If you play horses at Betjam and only bet $10 to win, it suits your needs.

    SBR should actually gather some info from players to see how frequently they use their book for horses and the players opinions on it. Look at the Greek. Many happyplayers their with sports. Talk to them about horses and they will tell you how they cap win bets at something crazy. Now I amtalking about the horse to win. Unreal.
    Last edited by robmpink; 10-08-08 at 05:44 AM.

  9. #9
    yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-07
    Posts: 1,515

    the are place here in the state like twinspire ,,,you bet ,,etc ,,,why any body bet offshore horses ,,,,,i would never know,,,

  10. #10
    robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-07
    Posts: 13,206
    Betpoints: 42

    Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    the are place here in the state like twinspire ,,,you bet ,,etc ,,,why any body bet offshore horses ,,,,,i would never know,,,


    You pay 25% taxes on your win over 600-1. A $4,000 win will result in $1,000 taxes.

  11. #11
    FadeThePublic
    FadeThePublic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-08
    Posts: 653

    Fuk wagerweb

    so much better out there

  12. #12
    robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-07
    Posts: 13,206
    Betpoints: 42

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeThePublic View Post
    Fuk wagerweb

    so much better out there
    Do you play horses offshore? Besides Bookmaker and Carib where do you play that has decent max payouts?

  13. #13
    Rand790
    Rand790's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-07
    Posts: 158

    WagerWeb is awful !! Justin, you can continue to defend this shitbox sportsbook all you want. The bottom line is the company, SBR, that employs you, clearly stated that WagerWeb accepted every single one of my wagers and should pay me in full. This is your company's position on my dispute - do you agree?

  14. #14
    Rand790
    Rand790's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-07
    Posts: 158

    ROBMPINK, please do not respond to my posts - I can care less about your opinion on how much you love to bet $2 to win on a horse race. When people like JJ Gold say that WagerWeb sucks, people who play for real money listen......

    AVOID WAGERWEB !!

  15. #15
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Quote Originally Posted by WagerWeb SUCKS!! View Post
    WagerWeb is awful !! Justin, you can continue to defend this shitbox sportsbook all you want. The bottom line is the company, SBR, that employs you, clearly stated that WagerWeb accepted every single one of my wagers and should pay me in full. This is your company's position on my dispute - do you agree?
    WWS, it's a free country. Each person is entitled to their own opinion. While SBR and I usually agree, we sometimes disagree. I spent many hours on your complaint, and concluded that WagerWeb acted fairly on your dispute. You're lucky they don't send someone after you - never mind trying to pull a fast one on them, but your "internet extortion campaign" is not sensible. Your dispute was originally one of literally hundreds I handled where a player lied to me trying to get an advantage. Case closed, move on. But when you keep going on and on about it, you are hardening me and everyone who looks at this.

    There are consequences to your internet extortion campaign, and none of those will include Wager Web changing their mind. Your attempts to manipulate me with this "who employs you" crap put me at odds with you. Your ongoing campaign is likely to have books share your information among themselves, and from there who knows where. You are shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly by pressing this.

    When a person runs a campaign of misinformation, I feel morally compelled to correct that, whether it is on global warming, Bush's policies on civil rights, or the security of a book. You have repeatedly suggested that they won't pay winners. Yours is the only "no-pay" case I'm aware of, and it was justified. I will continue to respond to your misinformation as you offer it. If you know of another no-pay case, share it. If you disagree that your case was NOT arguably a unliateral mistake or "criminal fraud", explain why. Otherwise, please move on.

  16. #16
    Rand790
    Rand790's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-07
    Posts: 158

    Justin, you didn't answer my question? Is it SBR's official position that WagerWeb should pay me in full for all of my winnings? Yes or No.

  17. #17
    Rand790
    Rand790's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-07
    Posts: 158

    I find it very interesting that an employee of this site would put the following comment in writing:

    "You're lucky they don't send someone after you."

    This tells me a lot about you.

  18. #18
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Quote Originally Posted by WagerWeb SUCKS!! View Post
    Justin, you didn't answer my question? Is it SBR's official position that WagerWeb should pay me in full for all of my winnings? Yes or No.
    Ask them.

  19. #19
    acw
    acw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-05
    Posts: 575
    Betpoints: 1564

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    When a person runs a campaign of misinformation, I feel morally compelled to correct that,
    You are acting like halifax on the mucho dinero Formula One Greek stiff job. You keep on trying to defend your opinion. It is a complete insult towards your posters to not let them decide who is right or wrong! Trust me, posters on this forum are all smart enough to do some forum searches before they play with a book. Some that may respect your opinion may even just do a search on your poster name and the name of the book.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/29/2005


  20. #20
    St.Aquinas
    St.Aquinas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-08
    Posts: 264

    WWS the answer should be NO!!!

    WWS is a worthless pill of dog shit that stole from WW and should shut up because everyone is sick and tired of his tired, meaningless rants.

    WWS your a stupid baby...you got caught stealing and still your crying about it. Tired, tired, tired...its always the same people crapping on this place. Mudcat with his imaginary friends and WWS the bonehead cheater who won't let it go...shut up already!!!

    I don't play at WW anymore because I don't find value at WW, but to hear this lack of logic on a place that always pay's and offers good horse software is bullshit.

    I doubt many $2 horse guys here WWS and you can't rag on DGS. It's an excellent horse software; grading is quick which is important for any true horse race gamblers.

    No sportsbook is perfect so if this is an isolated issue then no real damage done, but if this guy couldn't get a bet in for 5min. WW better get it together and take care of this guy before he leaves...

  21. #21
    robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-07
    Posts: 13,206
    Betpoints: 42

    [QUOTE=WagerWeb SUCKS!!;1096999]ROBMPINK, please do not respond to my posts - I can care less about your opinion on how much you love to bet $2 to win on a horse race. When people like JJ Gold say that WagerWeb sucks, people who play for real money listen......

    AVOID WAGERWEB !![/QUOT

    Can you read? Who said $2 to win? OK, PEOPLE WHO PLAY FOR REAL MONEY, CAN YOU HEAR ME? IF SO, WILL THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY FOR REAL MONEY LIKE JJ GOLD PLEASE TELL ME 10 BOOKS THAT OFFER HIGH PAYOUT MAX LIMITS ON EXOTICS SUCH AS SUPERS/PICK 3/PICK4? JJ said there are about 20.

    The fact of the matter is there aren't that many. Bookmaker, Carib I think.

    WWS, it must be tough

Top