MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Love how he passed over our posts with facts in them.

This thread is 4 pages long. I've said all along that Jeter is a hall of famer but that he's overrated. This DA is arguing with me thinking I'm saying he doesn't belong in the hall. Big difference. He's too dumb to even realize it. 15 million bucks for a .270 slap hitter is a joke.

You tell me what Jeter's going to do this year and I'll be the over or under.
    What "facts" have you actually offered up?

Dynamite insisted that a majority of Jeter's hit came in the late innings of games that had been decided---Loblaw nuked that idea with facts.

You puked up some idea that old Yankee Stadium had a short porch for RH hitters---and that was a fail.

All you have done is puke up silly opinions that you THINK are fact. Big difference.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2209

You mean Curtis Grand-Jeterson? You don't like that Jeter is overrated eat out Adam Lind's wife. I said Jeter is a HOF-er but Cheater is overrated and not 1/2 the man of A-Rod or Ichiro.
    Ya, between A-Rod and Jeter, Jeter's the one you refer to as cheater

Lets downgrade Jeter by calling him Cheater, compare him to an actual cheater, and downgrade him again because he's not as good as that actual cheater. Do you see how hypocritical you are?

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

A-Roid still had to swing at 95mph balls and hit those home runs.

Cheter cheated on the field like a pussy. Ouch, my arm hurts. What a putz.

MartinBlank

Yeah, but was that a determent or detriment to his career?

I am still laughing at your post when you rolled out "determent". Just awesome stuff man. Really solid.

C-Gold

Jeter hit a home run???

Hahahhaa you are delusional. You cry and wish he did good so hard you imagine things. Do you know how to spell that???? Delusional.

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

You mean Curtis Grand-Jeterson? You don't like that Jeter is overrated eat out Adam Lind's wife. I said Jeter is a HOF-er but Cheater is overrated and not 1/2 the man of A-Rod or Ichiro.
    My apologizes, your right it was Granderson, it happened behind my back on the TV while I was paying attention to this thread, Jeter was on my mind.
    My point still remains valid though, the question is, is Jeter a HOF'er, and the answer is remains yes. He didn't pick the Yankees, they picked him. Now he is in his down years but the Yanks remain loyal to him and he deserves it, earned it.
    Jeter haters aside, he is in the HOF. And his stats in the media circus that is NYC put him there. Are you going to vote against him?

MartinBlank

Jeter hit a home run???

Hahahhaa you are delusional. You cry and wish he did good so hard you imagine things. Do you know how to spell that???? Delusional.
    I never said Jeter hit a HR today.

I am the one making fun of your moronic post about quitting your job. In that gem, you bragged about not kissing ass to the "determent" of your career---dumbass that you are, the word you wanted was "detriment".

Bob Loblaw

Classic. The guy who took steroids for years and lied about it isn't as bad as the guy who acted like he got hit by a pitch one time. Only you C-Gold

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Lol of cOurse
    Dumb thread

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Ignore all the first pitch fly outs
    all the strikeouts
    all the grounding into double plays
    the stars on his team
    his team's impact on his personal success
    His cities impact on his success
    cheating

Just close your eyes, cover your ears and yell la la la la la la CLUTCH!!!!!!!!
    Cheating?

No other HOFer of future HOFer has NEVER grounded out into a DP or been struckout

Rookie of the Year, World Series MVP, all-time hits leader for SS, career batting avg of .317, 11 time all-star, 5 World Series Rings and countless other achievements.

Such an over reaction because of a slow start this season at the age of 36

And way too much love for A-roid in this thread.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Like him or hate him, he will be a first ballot HOF'er...no doubt about it.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    My apologizes, your right it was Granderson, it happened behind my back on the TV while I was paying attention to this thread, Jeter was on my mind.
    My point still remains valid though, the question is, is Jeter a HOF'er, and the answer is remains yes. He didn't pick the Yankees, they picked him. Now he is in his down years but the Yanks remain loyal to him and he deserves it, earned it.
    Jeter haters aside, he is in the HOF. And his stats in the media circus that is NYC put him there. Are you going to vote against him?

You guys are crazy. Assigning Curtis Granderson home runs to Jeter. Just goes to show how overrated the guy is. You've got Curtis Granderson hitting home runs and Jeter getting credit for it.

Jeter deserves to get 15 million bucks when he's hitting under .250 and 0 home runs? Why, because he's had a good career?

Maybe the Yankees should dig up Babe Ruth and start paying him and his heirs 50 million bucks per year because he "earned it". That's just bad business. The best teams in sports get rid of guys a year early or make the veterans at the end of their careers take the hometown discount. Not for queen Jeter, he wanted more money. He's easily the most over paid player in all of MLB for the next 3 years. The Yankees wasting all that money on him hurts them when trying to sign other free agents. Yeah, how's that for rah rah team guy?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Classic. The guy who took steroids for years and lied about it isn't as bad as the guy who acted like he got hit by a pitch one time. Only you C-Gold
    Jeter took HGH. Pea brain probably doesn't even know what that is.

So forget all the guys that throw spitballs and cheat on the field, A-Rod is awful because he took roids. Yeah, like he was the only one. A-Rod with no juice is still 5 times the player Jeter is. Jeter just can't stand being in A-Rod's shadow.

Bob Loblaw

You guys are crazy. Assigning Curtis Granderson home runs to Jeter. Just goes to show how overrated the guy is. You've got Curtis Granderson hitting home runs and Jeter getting credit for it.

Jeter deserves to get 15 million bucks when he's hitting under .250 and 0 home runs? Why, because he's had a good career?

Maybe the Yankees should dig up Babe Ruth and start paying him and his heirs 50 million bucks per year because he "earned it". That's just bad business. The best teams in sports get rid of guys a year early or make the veterans at the end of their careers take the hometown discount. Not for queen Jeter, he wanted more money. He's easily the most over paid player in all of MLB for the next 3 years. The Yankees wasting all that money on him hurts them when trying to sign other free agents. Yeah, how's that for rah rah team guy?
    For the 5th time, everyone knows it was a bad contract. Doesn't take away 15 years of hall of fame play. I know you have nothing else left in this argument but you need to stop bringing this up. It's more irrelevant than most of your points, and that's saying a lot.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

For the 5th time, everyone knows it was a bad contract. Doesn't take away 15 years of hall of fame play. I know you have nothing else left in this argument but you need to stop bringing this up. It's more irrelevant than most of your points, and that's saying a lot.

C-Gold

For the 27th time, I said Jeter is a HOF-er. I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth and saying I disagree. You really have the reading skills of a 2nd grader.

Bob Loblaw

Jeter took HGH. Pea brain probably doesn't even know what that is.

So forget all the guys that throw spitballs and cheat on the field, A-Rod is awful because he took roids. Yeah, like he was the only one. A-Rod with no juice is still 5 times the player Jeter is. Jeter just can't stand being in A-Rod's shadow.
    You have no actual proof Jeter took HGH.

A-Rod is better than Jeter. What exactly is your point? Because A-Rod is better that somehow makes Jeter overrated?

Bob Loblaw

For the 27th time, I said Jeter is a HOF-er. I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth and saying I disagree. You really have the reading skills of a 2nd grader.

I know what you've said. It makes no sense. You know he's a hall of famer and yet he's overrated Seems like his hall of fame career has been rated properly.

Alfie B

Don't go there, I already apologized in this thread. I wasn't really watching and I heard Jeters name after the homer. I was wrong.
    So C-Gold, your whole argument for the last 24 hrs is that, what? You seem to be saying Jeter doesn't belong in the Hall Of Fame. Even though you have said that he does. I for one don't understand why a simple yes or no question has caused a thread to last so long? There are 2 answers.
    Yes he will make it as a first ballot HOF'er.
    No, he won't make it as a first ballot HOF'er.
    I'm on the yes.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    Don't go there, I already apologized in this thread. I wasn't really watching and I heard Jeters name after the homer. I was wrong.
    So C-Gold, your whole argument for the last 24 hrs is that, what? You seem to be saying Jeter doesn't belong in the Hall Of Fame. Even though you have said that he does. I for one don't understand why a simple yes or no question has caused a thread to last so long? There are 2 answers.
    Yes he will make it as a first ballot HOF'er.
    No, he won't make it as a first ballot HOF'er.
    I'm on the yes.
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

Is that really what I seem to be saying? Can you read? Seriously?

Alfie B

AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

Is that really what I seem to be saying? Can you read? Seriously?
    Better than you it is obvious. What was the original question?
    Where do Tejada, Young and Ichiro as well as A-Rod fit in?

Is Derek Jeter a first ballot Hall of Famer???
    How many answers are there to that question? Yes and no. I can't think of any others, I guess you could go with maybe.
    Apparently you couldn't read the original question, or at least comprehend it properly. It was a very simple question and like it or not, Jeter will end up in the Hall of Fame at some point in time. Sorry to pee in the corn flakes of all you Jeter haters.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The last contract was horrendous but they had to overpay him because the fans would've gone nuts had they let him walk. He's the captain and was there for a great run.

He's a no doubt first ballot Hall of Famer. He's well past his prime now and is poor defensively and not much above average offensively. That's what happens when you're 36.

smarsh816
    smarsh816's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

yea of course this guy was amazing maybe not no more but it wont make a difference he didnt do roids so thats prolly gonna boost him like 50%

LineKrusher
    LineKrusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Time for Jeter to retire immediately! HE'S DONE!

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    1ST BALLOT???

Hell, a better question is will he be a HOF'er ever?
    You should know better than that.

He's an absolute no doubt HOFer

First ... 2345