DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Silver FTW

Just sold 200 pre-1966 Canadian quarters (80% silver content) on eBay for an average of $6.70 each

2680% ROI on the face value of each quarter Thank you Mom and Dad for holding onto my childhood coin collection

Anyone else selling or buying silver coins with this recent silver surge?

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Don't forget to thank Uncle Bernanke.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

All elements that are natural and made from the inner core of exploding stars will always be rare. I never understood why anyone thinks the prics of gold, silver or platinum will ever decrease....

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

should have held onto them

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Silver is volatile as fcuk. Approaching $50 an ounce once again. Only a matter of time before it plummets I think.

When is that USD gonna start picking it up again? I'm waiting for the right time to change some of my Canadian money over to USD and just wait because it's inevitable for it to bounce back at some point. I mean one of my loonies is worth $1.05 American, wtf is going on in the world

Good for vacations down south but my sports and poker cashouts are depressing these days because of the low US dollar I remember cashing out $500 on Stars back in the day and getting like $600 Canadian back

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    should have held onto them
    I still have around 600 left. Had a huge ass jar full of them. Figured I would sell a bit now and get some easy money. We will see if Silver continues to rise but I don't buy the hype it's going to $100-$150 an ounce.

excel
    unapproved

They've said it's gonna plummet since 20 a ounce. You just traded silver for paper currency being devalued by the day.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

They've said it's gonna plummet since 20 a ounce. You just traded silver for paper currency being devalued by the day.
    Canadian dollars bro, going up still I don't even need the money so I won't be choked if silver goes up to $100-$150 an ounce. Will be happy to sell the rest of my coins for like $10+ each and chip away at that mortgage

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Precious metals are where it's at. Don't trust any nation's currency to stay strong over time

excel
    unapproved

I think I would rather get my funds in yuan than usd or cad.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

The funny thing is if you sell them all now and make a huge profit....but you wait to spend that profit money on things that are worthwhile and cheap to purchese right now....that money you earned is gonna be worth sh*t once we hit hyper inflation.

excel
    unapproved

At least it will keep you warm one day...

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    The funny thing is if you sell them all now and make a huge profit....but you wait to spend that profit money on things that are worthwhile and cheap to purchese right now....that money you earned is gonna be worth sh*t once we hit hyper inflation.
    Yup just throwing the money I made on the principal of my mortgage. $1500 on there will probably save me $10,000+ over the long run of my mortgage anyways.

At least it will keep you warm one day...

DennisGreen
    Update your status

As for the other 600 quarters I'll hold on to them for a rainy day now. Who knows might be able to buy a boat with them one day

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    As for the other 600 quarters I'll hold on to them for a rainy day now. Who knows might be able to buy a boat with them one day
    smart

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Yup I'm no stock market guru so I'll take the advice from you guys that understand the market better. Thanks all for the advice

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Silver is volatile as fcuk. Approaching $50 an ounce once again. Only a matter of time before it plummets I think.
    Damn should have listened to my vision RIP Silver. Down to $38 Shoulda sold the rest of my quarters I guess. As soon as Bin Ladin was "killed" I knew the stock market would go wonky.