Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best college game: Florida St. vs. Miami

This used to be one of the biggest rivalries in college. And once again, they are the most competitive game on the board in college this weekend. The spread has opened at 3 and went to a steady 2 over the week.(Miami favored). I'm thinking about loading heavy on Miami. What are everyone's thoughts here?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

unfortunately i played miami at -3 when it opened

Panic

I'm about to lay Miami -2, so we'll be on the same side, durito. I think Miami kills them. This is a big rivalry.

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    This used to be one of the biggest rivalries in college. And once again, they are the most competitive game on the board in college this weekend. The spread has opened at 3 and went to a steady 2 over the week.(Miami favored). I'm thinking about loading heavy on Miami. What are everyone's thoughts here?
    Noles.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Rivalry= close game, any team can win

Panic

Thats the way this game should play out, Mike. I think Miami can cover a field goal.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

they couldnt beat North Carolina at home, no play for me

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

been a Canes fan since the Schnellenberger days, before he came to UofL and helped build the program, but have still always cheered for the Canes.
    I played them on the ML earlier this morning for 75

bearmz
    bearmz's Avatar Become A Pro!

MiF is banged up for the FSU game.
    Miami-Florida Hurricanes Player Pos. Date Details Status Injury
    Jordan Futch LB 10/03/2008 is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State Questionable head
    Jermaine McKenzie WR 10/02/2008 is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State Probable abdomen
    Reggie Youngblood OT 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out foot
    Damien Berry DB 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out leg
    Thearon Collier WR 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out chest
    Chavez Grant DB 10/02/2008 is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State Probable knee
    Carlos Armour CB 09/28/2008 is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State Questionable ankle
    Vaughn Telemaque S 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out arm
    Marcus Forston DT 10/02/2008 is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State Probable arm
    Randy Phillips CB 09/25/2008 is expected to miss 4-6 weeks Out leg
    Javarris James RB 09/08/2008 is expected to miss at least 3-5 weeks Out high left ankle sprain
    Chris Barney OL 09/03/2008 is out indefinitely Out ankle
    Kris Kimball WR 09/28/2008 is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State Questionable undisclosed
    Courtney Harris DE 08/27/2008 will miss the entire season Out Achilles Josh Holmes DL 08/27/2008 will miss the entire season Out leg
    Ben Jones OL 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out leg

Trying to force the issue has plagued the MiF defensive backs this season. They have allowed 539 passing yards in the past two games. Last week, North Carolina third-string quarterback Cameron Sexton completed 11 of 19 passes for 242 yards and two touchdowns, leading the Tar Heels to a 28-24 comeback victory. Injuries could slow the improvement process, though. The Hurricanes are without injured safeties Randy Phillips (knee) and Vaughn Telemaque (arm). Chavez Grant, Bruce Johnson and Reddick all have dealt with minor injuries this week but are expected to play.

The Seminoles are back at full strength after the return of several players from suspension
    They rolled to a 39-21 victory against Colorado and are eager to face Miami on Saturday after last year's outcome. FSU seemed to have the game in hand before the Hurricanes erupted for 13 fourth-quarter points in a 37-29 win.
    For the first time in a long time, Florida State will not be missing players due to suspensions relating to the university's academic-fraud scandal. The last of the formerly suspended players, DT Paul Griffin and FB Marcus Sims, are returning for the game Saturday against Miami.
    Florida State's rushing game and special teams produced no shortage of big plays against Colorado.
    One group notably absent from the offensive party was FSU's receiving corps, thought by many to be FSU's deepest stable of playmakers.
    Senior Greg Carr leads the team with 173 yards and a touchdown on 12 catches. Carr said that FSU's offensive balance has led to less production from the receivers.
    "We're a complete offense, and when you have a rushing game like we have, situations are going to come up where big plays come from everybody else," Carr said. "We feel like big plays are just part of the offense, regardless of who is making them."

Liking FSU+ here.

Panic

f\*\*k! Bear...I put my money on Miami.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

as long as bobby bowden keeps losing..and Joe Pa keeps winning...things are cool

so-classy#23
    so-classy#23's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like paterno and bowden...especially bobby boy.....still not sold on the offensive side of the ball for FSU, but their defense has playmakers led by Rolle once more despite all the suspensions for online cheating last season....this is not the biggest highlight game of the day, it shares the spotlight with a few others...of course its history and the success of these two heavyweight programs will obviously bring some of the cache....My boy Bobby plus the points and wouldn't be shocked if Florida State wins...just manage the game on offense and try to sustain drives without QBs Christian Ponder of D'Vontrey Richardson throwing INTs...rock and roll bobby

Jcoz
    Jcoz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bearmz View Post
    MiF is banged up for the FSU game.
    Miami-Florida Hurricanes Player Pos. Date Details Status Injury
    Jordan Futch LB 10/03/2008 is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State Questionable head
    Jermaine McKenzie WR 10/02/2008 is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State Probable abdomen
    Reggie Youngblood OT 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out foot
    Damien Berry DB 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out leg
    Thearon Collier WR 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out chest
    Chavez Grant DB 10/02/2008 is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State Probable knee
    Carlos Armour CB 09/28/2008 is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State Questionable ankle
    Vaughn Telemaque S 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out arm
    Marcus Forston DT 10/02/2008 is probable for Saturday's game against Florida State Probable arm
    Randy Phillips CB 09/25/2008 is expected to miss 4-6 weeks Out leg
    Javarris James RB 09/08/2008 is expected to miss at least 3-5 weeks Out high left ankle sprain
    Chris Barney OL 09/03/2008 is out indefinitely Out ankle
    Kris Kimball WR 09/28/2008 is questionable for Saturday's game against Florida State Questionable undisclosed
    Courtney Harris DE 08/27/2008 will miss the entire season Out Achilles Josh Holmes DL 08/27/2008 will miss the entire season Out leg
    Ben Jones OL 10/03/2008 is expected to miss Saturday's game against Florida State Out leg

Trying to force the issue has plagued the MiF defensive backs this season. They have allowed 539 passing yards in the past two games. Last week, North Carolina third-string quarterback Cameron Sexton completed 11 of 19 passes for 242 yards and two touchdowns, leading the Tar Heels to a 28-24 comeback victory. Injuries could slow the improvement process, though. The Hurricanes are without injured safeties Randy Phillips (knee) and Vaughn Telemaque (arm). Chavez Grant, Bruce Johnson and Reddick all have dealt with minor injuries this week but are expected to play.

The Seminoles are back at full strength after the return of several players from suspension
    They rolled to a 39-21 victory against Colorado and are eager to face Miami on Saturday after last year's outcome. FSU seemed to have the game in hand before the Hurricanes erupted for 13 fourth-quarter points in a 37-29 win.
    For the first time in a long time, Florida State will not be missing players due to suspensions relating to the university's academic-fraud scandal. The last of the formerly suspended players, DT Paul Griffin and FB Marcus Sims, are returning for the game Saturday against Miami.
    Florida State's rushing game and special teams produced no shortage of big plays against Colorado.
    One group notably absent from the offensive party was FSU's receiving corps, thought by many to be FSU's deepest stable of playmakers.
    Senior Greg Carr leads the team with 173 yards and a touchdown on 12 catches. Carr said that FSU's offensive balance has led to less production from the receivers.
    "We're a complete offense, and when you have a rushing game like we have, situations are going to come up where big plays come from everybody else," Carr said. "We feel like big plays are just part of the offense, regardless of who is making them."

Liking FSU+ here.

Thats a convincing report, I would have avoided the game had I seen it. I am on Miami -2.5. I still think Miami wins this one. Young team, learning. Marve is going to bring Miami back from the dead, IMO.

NC game had several interesting elements, but there is nothing I have seen that proves FSU is better than North Carolina, so just because they lost in the 4th Q to that team doesn't mean FSU rolls here, IMO.

Miami team has a TON-- a TON of talent, those who follow recruiting have seen Miami piling up the last few years, so I still feel relatively ok even with more injuries than I thought at the time of the bet.

I always feel better with the better QB as well......GL to the Miami guys

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

like canes -2. boys it is wet and overcast in Miami. I live about 20 minutes away from Dolphin stadium. It has been raining on and off all night. Turnovers can play a big factor in this game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Canes also for me

Wisky/Ohio St is the biggest game on card

Big Flo
    Big Flo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont like Miami. I luv Miami !

Panic

Alright. Almost gametime. Let's Go 'Canes! One time, baby, ONE TIME!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

line down to fl. st +1.5??? hmm

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Bear's post sold me and I just put $80 down on the 'Noles. Thanks (or no thanks, we'll see!), Bear! Go, 'Noles!

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was pretty confident with FSU teased, can't lose now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Florida St does seem better this year than past years like ND

They look pretty good on road against a decent Miami team.

Solid D

Panic

These rooster fvcks! fvckin mutherfvcker. f\*\*k.

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both these teams our a mess

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

FSU is a top 25 team.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I'm heavy on Florida St. today. Panic, you had the right logic but you were just slightly off. If the game "could go either way" in your assessment, always take the points, don't lay them...

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

took Miami -1.5

but will just lose juice as I had over 20 2nd half

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

idid miami too
    counted it as a loss

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe we can get......................

WIDE RIGHT

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

****, I better not lose this teaser.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

This would be a terrible beat.

ryanXL977

miami is gonna win

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!

how is miami even in the game, fsu has doubled them up in first downs, yards and time of TOP.

ryanXL977

these teams are just seeing who can suck more
    i lean fsu but who knows

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

wow...getting tight...

Panic

Cant fvckin believe it. Actually have a chance to hit this thing.

12 Last