SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Databases

Do you have one, if so what is it's main purpose?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I have several. Evaluate value of half-points, teasers, and do general computer modeling.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    I have several. Evaluate value of half-points, teasers, and do general computer modeling.
    I'm familiar only with regular boring ATS databases. What's the going rate for your teaser database?

dcbt
    dcbt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

one each for models for money lines and points.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    I'm familiar only with regular boring ATS databases. What's the going rate for your teaser database?
    One database is used for both. Once you have spreads and results, it's just a matter of manipulating data.

I spent 3k on programming to get my NFL and NCAAF databases.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    One database is used for both. Once you have spreads and results, it's just a matter of manipulating data.

I spent 3k on programming to get my NFL and NCAAF databases.
    holly sheep shit.. i AM a programmer.. got the source? i can modify it any way you like. for free (as with source i get a copy )

Robust

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Not anywhere near as good custom database, but you can research past teaser results

http://sportsdatabase.com/nfl.py/que...1&submit=query

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I use a database just to keep track of the numbers I generate to help me keep myself on the 'moderate' side. The numbers I use are totally subjective and based off of watching tape and keeping an eye on news surrounding teams - but keeping track of grades I give allows me to keep my numbers in check and not shift radically as they have in past seasons.

I've used complex spreadsheets and let the raw numbers do the work for me, but it just wasn't working all that well since sample sizes are TINY in the NFL - and the way I see it, the way teams change so fast in the NFL, it's pointless to look at previous season data (beyond general reference). Heck - sometimes it's pointless to look at games previous in the season from a data standpoint because of all the injuries in the NFL and player development.

What works best for me is being subjective on a day-to-day basis and I'm finally comfortable with it - ALTHOUGH, the only flaw in what I'm doing now is I'm lacking the tools to help find edges in alternate spread lines, punting extra points for long odds... Those saved my arse the last 2 NFL seasons - as my record was really poor (40%ish in the cumulative W/L column).

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

If you want an NFL database you can buy winpicks and export the data to an excel file. It has Scores, Lines, Totals, and all stats for every game since 1985.

Export from excel to any database program you like.

From there any teaser, or ats info you want it easy to find out.

I'm working on pulling the play by play data from nfl.com for use with certain props.

Justin7

Durito,

If you get play by play stuff in a nice format, talk to me.