Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Can i get an Amen?!!!
    Paco...come back to me when you can post shit like this

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Nah you didnt offend me bro. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not sounding like I'm trying to start an arguement or anything with anybody haha. But nah all is good. And itchypickle I don't know exactly how all that works. I mean i have an idea but I don't want to give you misinformation. If you'd like I can get back to you. Been a long night on my end, bout to call it a day.

Always a confusing topic to me...no worries.

I'm Jewish so always asking questions....random story last year during "Easter" holiday my wife mentions Passover to this cashier lady wearing the "He is Risen" button who had wished us a happy easter.....the cashier asked exactly what Passover was and said "Hmmm I'm not familiar with it, must be new and all when exactly did it start being a thing?"

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Passage from hey-sus.

In pain shall you bring forth children, woman, and you shall turn to your husband and he shall rule over you. And do you not know that you are Eve? God’s sentence hangs still over all your sex and His punishment weighs down upon you. You are the devil’s gateway; you are she who first violated the forbidden tree and broke the law of God. It was you who coaxed your way around him whom the devil had not the force to attack. With what ease you shattered that image of God: Man! Because of the death you merited, even the Son of God had to die. . . . Woman, you are the gate to hell.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Always a confusing topic to me...no worries.

I'm Jewish so always asking questions....random story last year during "Easter" holiday my wife mentions Passover to this cashier lady wearing the "He is Risen" button who had wished us a happy easter.....the cashier asked exactly what Passover was and said "Hmmm I'm not familiar with it, must be new and all when exactly did it start being a thing?"
    I hope you had a good Pesach. We had a very nice Sedar and it was nice seeing family.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Paco...come back to me when you can post shit like this

What really is classic about all these is how many people they pack in...... These guys have been around for years and pack house..... I love watching this stuff.. Is Benny Hinn still doing it as well?

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

What really is classic about all these is how many people they pack in...... These guys have been around for years and pack house..... I love watching this stuff.. Is Benny Hinn still doing it as well?
    Gotta love how his neck is tattoo'ed probably more than most in San Quentin

flyingillini

Gotta love how his neck is tattoo'ed probably more than most in San Quentin
    When he says the word "Surgery" it made me laugh, sounds like my clients.

Extra Innings

By the way, explain this one to me Illini ... how does it feel to know you're following a false religion

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

EI.

18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ’s teachings. Mark, the oldest of the Gospels, was written at least 30 years after Christ’s death, and the newest of them might have been written more than 200 years after his death. These texts have been amended, translated, and re-translated so often that it’s extremely difficult to gauge the accuracy of current editions—even aside from the matter of the accuracy of texts written decades or centuries after the death of their subject. This is such a problem that the Jesus Seminar, a colloquium of over 200 Protestant Gospel scholars mostly employed at religious colleges and seminaries, undertook in 1985 a multi-year investigation into the historicity of the statements and deeds attributed to Jesus in the New Testament. They concluded that only 18% of the statements and 16% of the deeds attributed to Jesus had a high likelihood of being historically accurate. So, in a very real sense fundamentalists—who claim to believe in the literal truth of the Bible—are not followers of Jesus Christ; rather, they are followers of those who, decades or centuries later, put words in his mouth.

flyingillini

By the way, explain this one to me Illini ... how does it feel to know you're following a false religion

I am curious how much cash this guy is raking in from this show.... You know he is taking some of those people/viewers to the cleaners. God Bless Reverend Todd as well! Seems like a hell of a guy!

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

I am curious how much cash this guy is raking in from this show.... You know he is taking some of those people/viewers to the cleaners. God Bless Reverend Todd as well! Seems like a hell of a guy!
    IWinYourMoney

flyingillini

IWinYourMoney
    I thought of Iwin as soon as I saw this guy...I would love to attend one of these sometime. I don't think they are around this area..

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    EI.

18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ’s teachings. Mark, the oldest of the Gospels, was written at least 30 years after Christ’s death, and the newest of them might have been written more than 200 years after his death. These texts have been amended, translated, and re-translated so often that it’s extremely difficult to gauge the accuracy of current editions—even aside from the matter of the accuracy of texts written decades or centuries after the death of their subject. This is such a problem that the Jesus Seminar, a colloquium of over 200 Protestant Gospel scholars mostly employed at religious colleges and seminaries, undertook in 1985 a multi-year investigation into the historicity of the statements and deeds attributed to Jesus in the New Testament. They concluded that only 18% of the statements and 16% of the deeds attributed to Jesus had a high likelihood of being historically accurate. So, in a very real sense fundamentalists—who claim to believe in the literal truth of the Bible—are not followers of Jesus Christ; rather, they are followers of those who, decades or centuries later, put words in his mouth.
    Hence protestantism = ...It is the book of the Catholic Church. The Church's teachings, wisdom and truths based on the words of its head - Jesus Christ - are not limited to the Bible. They are very clear on that. Jesus established a Church and did mean for there to be anarchy amongst His followers.

This is not to say I agree with your post, Paco. Also, you attribute those earlier words to Jesus. Where in the Bible does he say that?

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    At 47 I try to make the correct daily choices God puts in my path

I am still paying for that damn little birdy I shot with a wrist rocket sling shot 35 years ago

as I type this there are 4 stray dogs..2 on my bed and 2 on the floor that I rescued
    You seem to have a warm heart for animals . If there is one thing I am certain of it is that God is not all that concerned about you having shot that birdy 35 years ago.

First 12