Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Ever heard of PBS?
    No.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

You see what you want to see, not reality.

Every poll clearly shows Biden kicked some cheerleader ASS tonight.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

POLITICS - VICE PRESIDENT DEBATE - WHO WILL WIN THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE 10/02/08 - JOE BIDEN -400
    Will betonline grade this prop this month?

Yes -120
    No +100

englishmike
    englishmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

The irony is, the BBC prides itself on its neutrality, yet the only people that fail to see it's neutral is the BBC.

Is Al Jazheera liberal?

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

Is Al Jazheera liberal?
    Faux-liberal.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

does anyone else have a problem with the constant use of the word "Maverick"....Especially when they talk about being a "team of mavericks" That is an oxymoron to the definition of a maverick.

englishmike
    englishmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm a foreigner and have abolutely no view on the election whatsoever because I don't know enough about day-to-day US politics and the political system, but I'd love to know the number of men that vote for Palin because they want to bang her. I make this as a serious point rather than a flippant remark because of the early poll results regarding who was seen to have 'fared the best.' I wonder how many guys couldn't care less about her policies and will blindly give her their vote because they want to ride her, afterall, it's part of the reason she was given the position, eye candy.

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I find it appalling that anyone could actually think she won that debate. She had me laughing out loud several times, and not with humor but astonishment. This woman does not speak down to people (like second graders) as another poster suggested. She is merely at that level herself. She is in so far over her head it's disgusting.

donjuan

does anyone else have a problem with the constant use of the word "Maverick"....Especially when they talk about being a "team of mavericks" That is an oxymoron to the definition of a maverick.
    McCain's cabinet:

Secretary of State: Dirk Nowitzki
    Secretary of Defense: Jason Kidd
    Secretary of the Interior: Erick Dampier
    Secretary of Energy: Jason Terry
    Attorney General: Mark Cuban
    Last edited by donjuan; 10-03-08 at 03:34 AM.

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I guess it's like that old Saturday Night Live commercial skit, "Lowered Expectations".

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

McCain's cabinet:

Secretary of the Interior: Dwight Howard

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1875

Knew this script was coming. GOP plays worry game to lower expectations, then jumping for joy because she didn't make a major gaffe. Same as the convention.

She's a good speaker under pressure, but she offered no substance. Biden beat her on policy, but this thing is long forgotten by Tuesday when the next debate hits.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palin got destroyed tonite...she was horrible, dodged answers, knows NOTHING on foreign policies, and if anyone actually thinks she won...you're just a Rush Limbaugh homer.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

I loved the back camera angel, but you couldnt see her ass well enough because of that ridiculous live polling mechanism which makes no sense anyways.

WestsidePete

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17319

She was a nice beauty contestant spewing out her rehearsed lines well, even if they had nothing to do with the question. And added the occassional wink for the judges. She wasn't the blithering idiot she was in the Katie Couric interview, so she exceeded expectations and it will help the McBush ticket. Biden is the best debater in American politics, and he hit a Home Run tonight, but he was in a no win situation. He was fantastic tonight, but if she was standing at the end, it was a win for her.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/11/2017

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    She was a nice beauty contestant spewing out her rehearsed lines well, even if they had nothing to do with the question. And added the occassional wink for the judges. She wasn't the blithering idiot she was in the Katie Couric interview, so she exceeded expectations and it will help the McBush ticket. Biden is the best debater in American politics, and he hit a Home Run tonight, but he was in a no win situation. He was fantastic tonight, but if she was standing at the end, it was a win for her.
    She did the best she could have done...who really picked her anyways??

BuddyBear
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Pathetic performence from both candidates. I guess the main thing to take away is that both candidates love Israel so much...surprise-surprise. Then again, everyone in Congress loves Israel oh so much. It's frightning to think that both these candidates could be president one day, especially Palin who demonstrated absolutely nothing other than that she possesses strong memorization skills. She was absolutely pitiful up there and Biden should have buried her but just sat there himself.

It's amazing that there are people in this country who actually admire the Republican Party....

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

McCain's cabinet:

Secretary of the Interior: Dwight Howard
    erick dampier, not howard, or at least josh howard

donjuan

Oops. I'd obviously been playing the Sarah Palin drinking game for too long.

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

As an impartial foreigner, anyone who thinks Palin won this debate is a certified downie. You guys have to be kidding right? She kept giving the answer to a question nobody asked. Pathetic if you ask me.

Bieden wasn't exactly stellar himself, but he looked like an ivy league debate champion next to this abomination an opponent.

Good thing it looks like she isn't going to make it into office, at least this gives me hope not all voters are as stupid as she is.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

I thought she was doing great for the 1st 45 mins, i liked her much better then Biden,
    then the Dodgers put up a 5 spot,so i decided to watch the rest of the debate with the volume on,and relaized she's a different person with the volume on.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Final analysis

The debate without volume.........S.P the clear cut winner!
    The debate with volume...............J.B.... winner.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone jacked off when palin spoke?

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This was really a complete waste of time. Most people are gonna based their opinion of the outcome on who they like going in. I really don't think these "debates" influence people that much.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    This was really a complete waste of time. Most people are gonna based their opinion of the outcome on who they like going in. I really don't think these "debates" influence people that much.
    Agreed, at first I thought she was awful but as the night went on I started to think she was at least fair. She played it not to lose rather than win though, no critical mistakes but drew little if any blood, while her opponent spent much of the time on the attack toward John McCain (as VP candidates should).

Could've went without the joe six pack and hockey mom references though. Straight talk is not talking like an imbecile because you view the American people as possessing no vocabulary outside of a few syllables.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5397

The debate was a win-win for both parties. Biden avoided attacking Palin and let her trip all over herself, showing that he's a true gentleman. Biden attacked McCain instead and attached McCain to unpopular George W Bush. Palin won a moral victory because she didn't pull a Dan Quayle and her top didn't spontaneously fly off, which would have maybe won some points in my book. lmao

Moral of the story, the "real" debate continues between Obama & McCain.

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/6/2005

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you get an e-mail with "Nude Photos of Sarah Palin" in the subject line, do not open it.

It might contain a virus.

If you get an e-mail with "Nude Photos of Hillary Clinton", do not open it.

It might contain nude photos of Hillary Clinton.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/14/2005

First ... 3456