Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NBA: Where Bullshit Happens

I think I might have to put a patten on that.

Ok Ok, don't confuse me for a Sixers homer but let's take a step back and look at the NBA refs babying the "superstars". I'm a little disappointed in the NBA and their favoritism with these so called "superstars". It is beyond me how you can drive the lane, jump into a stationary player, basically knee him in the chest and throw the ball up and it's a foul on the defense. The fouls are out of control there is a fvkkin whistle ever minute. I'm not saying the Sixers deserve to be anywhere close in this series but when you look the fouls are so far apart its not even basketball. I see Lou get hacked like 3 times and no foul driving the lane but Bron Bron and Wade just dive into players and its 2 at the line. (Usually 1 because they make it)

Anyway Sixers deserve to lose the series they are still a few years away but Collins got them on the right track. They jump out to nice leads in the first and the refs slowly turn the tables on them.

FTA's: Sixers vs Heat
    Game 1- 15 vs. 39- lost by 8( Great start and fell apart after halftime)
    Game 2- 20 vs 29- lost by 22...no need to run up the fouls they got dominated
    Game 3- 19 vs 30- lost by 6
    Game 4- 16 vs 21- closest game yet..Sixers still need a miracle 10-0 run to win by 4
    Game 5- TBD but you know MIA will lead the FTA.

This is just raw figures of how the fouls went without any shooting % attached to them. If the refs were as nit-picky with both thems we would see atleast a 2-2 series with the Sixers ultimately losing. No conspiracy theories or anything just the NBA is getting really uninteresting with not letting the teams play.

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Tha'ts why i don't wager on basketball anymore.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NYER5680 View Post
    Tha'ts why i don't wager on basketball anymore.
    What do you wager on?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Haha that's for sho

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

I do agree and I was all excited to see the less foul calls in playoff basketball. That and all the commentators talk about more contact less fouls.... Still looks like regular season to me.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

i agree refs suck...and i hate the heat...but to be fair, aren't the sixers one of the lowest in the league for FT attempts??? Probably because the don't go to the hoop.

And aren't the heat one of the teams that go to the line the most??? B/c they got a few dudes that get the calls and just go to the hoop all the time (bron and wade). Seems to be legit.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

why do people assume that FTA's need to be even?

refs reward the more aggressive team/players, thats how it should be

Ninersnut

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    why do people assume that FTA's need to be even? refs reward the more aggressive team/players, thats how it should be
    It doesn't need to be even but I see the smaller Jrue Holiday and Lou Williams driving and they won't see half of the calls. Just because you drive to the rim doesn't mean your automatically rewarded 2 ft's if you miss. Seems to be the case. Sixers have no shot and everyone knows that but for the sake of the game either call it tight on both sides or don't call it at all. You could line up 3 guys in front of either Wade or LeBron and a foul would go against the defense it is unreal. Maybe I will take a look into Eddie's comment to see what we can conclude. I was just looking at it from a fans perspective.

chantrain

consistency is the biggest problem I see in NBA reffing. All within the span of one game they can go from calling every ticky tacky Bs call to not calling hardly anything and letting people bang.

It gets so hard to read them

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

when you said dont confuse me as a sixers homer i stopped reading knew where that was going

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA is rigged....there are specific reasons (money) that the refs call a game a certain way.

Ninersnut

Haha Keene. I know I know, the only one I like is Wade. He truely doesn't bitch. But Lebron and Kobe and a handful of others bitch an moan so much. How can you seriously turn around to the ref and cry when 45% of your points come from the line?

With that being said I wish we had a young healthy AI to swing the calls our way to even this playing field.

chantrain

did you just say Wade doesn't bitch?