helicopter23
    helicopter23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fair or un-fair with local book

My credit line with my local book is $500, we square up every Tuesday. If I hit my limit of $500 say on Friday he makes me pay up the entire amount before I can bet again. Example: It's Friday Im already -501 I want to pay up $100 so I'm at -401, so I can bet again and he says no I have to pay the entire $-501. Fair or unfair???

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

That's a $500 settle figure. That is fair. It is intelligent risk management on his part. If you are down $500 and can't pay it off in full, why should he take more bets from you?

If you don't like it, tell him you don't want to play with him.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's fair! Your credit is maxed when you hit 5 bills and you can't place a wager til you square up. You either payup and wager or wait til monday to pay but make no wagers all weekend.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Holy shit there's been some stupid threads in players talk today

helicopter23
    helicopter23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if you're getting it. I'm going to pay up Tues in full. I shouldn't be able to pay like $200 and get $200 more to play with until Tues???

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

In all fairness, your local is correct. You owe him the total amount of your settle figure.

Now, what I would do is this. Get your local to give you an ammo figure, say 750 or 1000, but keep your settle figure at 500 and on every Tuesday you settle up with him when you reach the 500 or more number. Plus you don't have to settle every week, just when you go over the 500 settle amount. This way you can still play over the weekend and you just might get out, instead of paying. Either way, you are still obligated to settle on whatever you and him agree on a settle number to be.

And this works both ways, he doesn't settle with you until you get to a plus 500 or more number either.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

why not just pay the $500 early if you wanna play that bad?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Or why not put the 100 in an online book and try and turn it into something. My local is a friend and if I ever hit the weekly limit early it takes one text message and 30 seconds to get more in the account. Clearly he doesnt trust you.

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Holy shit there's been some stupid threads in players talk today
    just today?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

His book, his rules. I don't see any problem with him requesting you clean the slate in order to play more.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Settle figure and credit line is 2 totally different things. I'm sure ur line is 500. If ur credit Line was say 1k and settle figure was 500, u would still be able to play. Depends what kind of reputation u have with ur bookie I guess. Like Ralphie said, maybe he just doesn't trust u thinking u will just take shots by doubling down if u lose.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    That's a $500 settle figure. That is fair. It is intelligent risk management on his part. If you are down $500 and can't pay it off in full, why should he take more bets from you?

If you don't like it, tell him you don't want to play with him.
    This. It's your book, not a CC. Unless you want him to start charging interest on your outstanding debt, which I doubt.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with the book..also keeps you from falling in a deeper hole if you do not have the funds to settle..only you know the truth

Many moons ago I owed the Bert 2 grand monday morning..I was buried with the bert..I did not have ten cents in my pocket when I took syracuse -3.5 against georgetown that monday night 2200-2000

I nearly had a cardiac..game was close at end and went into ot where syracuse won by 4 with 2 last second free throws...I woulda been on the payment plan for weeks and quite embarrassed the next day whyen I explained to Bert that I was not who he thought I was..Yes, I was guilty of betting funds I did not have

Not two weeks later I did bury myself and ended up pressure cleaning and painting his house..painting two bedrooms inside and cleaning out all the air conditioners with coil cleaner all for free to settle my account all because the Cubs lost a matinee game

He still loved me cause I was a good little loser with a steady job..plus he knew where I lived and worked cause he always came by my job tuesday afternoons to settle one way or another

DMAVS
    DMAVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Wish I knew a reliable local.. just seems like it would be easier

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

seems fair risk managemant

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Perfectly fair.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8057

If that is the agreement that you have then yes it would be fair

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    I agree with the book..also keeps you from falling in a deeper hole if you do not have the funds to settle..only you know the truth

Many moons ago I owed the Bert 2 grand monday morning..I was buried with the bert..I did not have ten cents in my pocket when I took syracuse -3.5 against georgetown that monday night 2200-2000

I nearly had a cardiac..game was close at end and went into ot where syracuse won by 4 with 2 last second free throws...I woulda been on the payment plan for weeks and quite embarrassed the next day whyen I explained to Bert that I was not who he thought I was..Yes, I was guilty of betting funds I did not have

Not two weeks later I did bury myself and ended up pressure cleaning and painting his house..painting two bedrooms inside and cleaning out all the air conditioners with coil cleaner all for free to settle my account all because the Cubs lost a matinee game

He still loved me cause I was a good little loser with a steady job..plus he knew where I lived and worked cause he always came by my job tuesday afternoons to settle one way or another
    Classic

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

That seems fair to me. If you were up 501 you wouldn't want to be paid only 100

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't play with a local for all the tea in China

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

You just raised a red flag to your local because you just wanted to pay $100. This shows you don't have $500 available right now and it is a lot of money to you.

Good luck at getting a future credit line increase.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Wouldn't play with a local for all the tea in China
    Why? I play almost exclusively with a couple of different locals. I get a -105 line and weekly weekly settling. I can play most sports and exotic.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

it's because everyone eventually gets down to their last bet and he doesn't want to be at the end of your bankroll and get stuck...they don't break legs anymore but aren't that thrilled with putting customers on payment plans...sounds like you were taking shots early if you can't pay the 500 before tuesday...

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

perfectly fair

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68195

Totally fair.If you want to have a reserve for times like these, give him an extra 100 or 2 and tell him it is for this type of thing.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by helicopter23 View Post
    My credit line with my local book is $500, we square up every Tuesday. If I hit my limit of $500 say on Friday he makes me pay up the entire amount before I can bet again. Example: It's Friday Im already -501 I want to pay up $100 so I'm at -401, so I can bet again and he says no I have to pay the entire $-501. Fair or unfair???
    Can't believe you had to ask, wow. Here's the deal...if you only want to pay it down, then at least be a man and say "tell ya what, next time I'm up 500 and want to collect, you only have to pay me 100." Guys like you make me not miss being an agent any more one bit. Unreal.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

He is offering you a line of credit so you have to accept his rules.
    They don't seem unreasonable.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tell him you don't have time to run to the bank every fukin day to grab five bills out.

Also say "you need to accept debit or increase my fukin limits or I'm going to 5dimes.com"

He should proceed to melt in your hand.