NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reds/Cardinals grade: Has this ever happened before?

I bet Volquez +100 / Batista -110

Batista started

Rain Delay

After rain delay, reds announce Maloney starting.

So, Volquez never makes a pitch, but Maloney named starter after the game has started, thus there was no adjusted line.

Youwager tells me the adjusted line for Maloney (long reliever, bad pitcher) WAS +100.

No Fkn way.

What's protocol here for action bets? How can they even put out a fair adjusted line after the game had started?

Bet should be canceled.

NDIrish9

?????????????????????????????

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

If you had listed pitchers then both pitchers have to throw the first pitch or no action. Not debateable.

Albert Pujols

Action then you are screwed. Also not debateable.

Albert Pujols

The book is correct.

NDIrish9

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    The book is correct.
    How is the book correct?

Action: Any pitcher may start for either team. However, if there is a pitching change Action wagers will be computed with opening price of the new pitcher.

There WAS NO OPENING PRICE for Maloney because when the game started, Volquez was still the starting pitcher.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Well, I'm sure this doesn't make you feel better, but I had St. Louis scores first. On the wager screen, it says nothing about pitchers, nor can you chose action or listed pitchers must start. Now all of a sudden that bet is canceled because Volquez didn't start. Does this seem right to everyone?

NDIrish9

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Well, I'm sure this doesn't make you feel better, but I had St. Louis scores first. On the wager screen, it says nothing about pitchers, nor can you chose action or listed pitchers must start. Now all of a sudden that bet is canceled because Volquez didn't start. Does this seem right to everyone?
    This is a tough one too.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by NDIrish9 View Post
    This is a tough one too.
    Yeah, I've never had this happen before. I wonder if I would have bet Reds score first if my bet would have been canceled as well. Anyone bet Reds score first? What happened to your bet?

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am confused, Batista threw 4 pitches (walked a guy) then the rain delay happened and then McClellan pitched the rest of the game. I was on the Money line with the Cards. The bet was canceled after the rain delay. The ticket says 912 St. Louis Cardinals -128* vs Cincinnati Reds (E Volquez - R must Start K McClellan - R must Start) Status: Canceled. My question is, what is the right decision. This makes no sense.

socalaaron

Now I see that Volquez was replaced as well.. This is the messiest game ever. Did anyone get action on this game?

NDIrish9

Quote Originally Posted by socalaaron View Post
    Now I see that Volquez was replaced as well.. This is the messiest game ever. Did anyone get action on this game?
    I have action ....bet Volquez +100 vs Batista -110.

They told me that the line for Maloney was +100 as well. What a bunch of horse shit.

Volquez- #1 starter. Maloney = garbage. Same line? With a lineup with Berkman, Holliday, Pujols, Freese, Molina from the right hand side vs. the lefty Maloney?

******* crooks.

socalaaron

I had Cards -128 and the bet was canceled. Really want to make some sense of this.

Albert Pujols

I have action ....bet Volquez +100 vs Batista -110.

They told me that the line for Maloney was +100 as well. What a bunch of horse shit.

Volquez- #1 starter. Maloney = garbage. Same line? With a lineup with Berkman, Holliday, Pujols, Freese, Molina from the right hand side vs. the lefty Maloney?

******* crooks.
    They aren't crooks here. They had no choice. Not enough time to make a new line. Your fault for betting action. Lesson learned and move on.

Albert Pujols

Never bet action. In essence you are telling the book that you still want to bet no matter the line, even if everything you took into account changes. That is insane.

Albert Pujols

How is the book correct?

Action: Any pitcher may start for either team. However, if there is a pitching change Action wagers will be computed with opening price of the new pitcher.

There WAS NO OPENING PRICE for Maloney because when the game started, Volquez was still the starting pitcher.
    But he has to throw the first pitch and he didn't. So since they didn't know this in time to make a new line, they just kept the same line. Not ideal but action bettors have exactly that. Action.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

04/22 07:19 PM PDT

MLB pitching change

Game #911 - 912

Cincinnati Reds - M MALONEY -L for E VOLQUEZ -R

04/22 07:22 pm pdt

mlb

game #911-912

adjusted price

stl -140

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Very strange, I bet right before the game, but I guess that's still cancelled since they made another last minute switch due to the delay? Weird...

Albert Pujols

If your bet wins, then ask them to adjust the line to what other books had. If it loses, then you lose the same amount and it doesn't matter.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

Had cards -1.5, +160

Cancelled as well. Will probably blow it anyway.

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4063

The pitcher has to pitch 1 pitch. Sucks cause I loved the Cards tonight. Oh well. On to the next one!