SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

State your opinion in Matchbooks A rating at SBR

Not even close to an A+ in my book.

Looks like Bodog last year , please downgrade them their site was down at the peak of betting last night before the Pitt and Balty game.

B- MORE LIKE IT FOR NOW

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

should be A+

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did not like them charging me for a deposit with Moneybooks. But I have no other complaints.

Wish they had Instadebit.

SSLP

fivey you canadian?

englishmike
    englishmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure why you would even be having this debate, the poll to find everyones favourite book was at the top of the page for ages until recently and they won. Case closed.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

Quote Originally Posted by englishmike View Post
    Not sure why you would even be having this debate, the poll to find everyones favourite book was at the top of the page for ages until recently and they won. Case closed.
    They're overwhelmingly popular, I think SSLP's point was more about the recent processing switch up's and frustration on that end. There's no question that Matchbook has some of the best overall opportunities for Americans to wager on.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes SSLP.

SSLP

I just think they are overrated , same thing happened with Bodog , BOS mark my words this is the beginning of the end for them

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me personally they are an "A" but based on things I read, I don't think so. They are bouncing cheques and having all kinds of processor problems. By the standards of a few years ago, there is no way you could do that and maintain an "A".

I understand that the processor issue is difficult. But that's not the players' fault. An "A" book can't be bouncing cheques.

Standards have really changed. So many books struggle with so many things compared to a couple years back. Yet I don't think there are any less "A" books.

I think SBR is grading everyone on a curve. As such, I think Matchbook is about where they belong with respect to other books.

So if you accept the grading-on-a-curve mentality, an "A" definitely makes sense. I personally would keep the same old standards and there would be a lot less A's and B's - and so on down the line.

As for the prediction of ultimate doom - and I think we had another one about the industry in general from this same poster within the last day or so - I have been seeing those for years, going back long before UIGEA (or whatever it is).

It gets attention and seems splashy on a posting forum but it is an over-reaction IMO.

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005