Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    That's kind of like being A+ at TOW.
    FWIW, Canadian unsecured sovereign debt is also AAA at Fitch and Aaa at Moody's, both with stable outlooks.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Sure, but the U.S. is the second least taxed country in the world.
    Obviously you're a statistical wizard and I probably won't understand your answer, but please can you advise how you came to this conclusion?

Specifically, can you give a critique of the following link which infers that you're talking nonsense:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/mon...cle2899499.ece

Be careful not to assume that since you pay little or no tax, it is a true representation for the rest of the country - you simply have a job which pays enough to keep you teetering on the poverty line.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marke4 View Post
    Those responsible hard working Americans for the most part are the ones who join the rat race and work pay check to pay check for the most part. Its the ones who take the extra step to start businesses who provide the "responsible Americans" with jobs that needed this bill to pass. Let's see how everyone feels once unemployment goes up and these hard working people don't have anyone to work hard for.
    oh mighty sweatshop owner. Your altruism is an example to us all.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    I just love the "free market" guys who every response to every problem is "let the free market decide..." "let the free market dictate"... are now BEGGING for government handouts.

why not let the free market now decide?
    Its always like this teamer. Free market talk is mostly justification for ill gotten gains and policies.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    fine by me.

but when no one can get a loan for anything and unemployment hits 10% in a year I doubt it will still be fine for you.
    Banks aren't giving out loans to help the public. And the bailout is for them, not the public. So excuse us if we shed no tears.

There's a reason loan sharking is illegal. Hence the mess they're in now.

The problem is these pricks will move on to suck the blood out of some other enterprise while the govt makes sure the public gets to pay for their "free market" scheming.

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Quote Originally Posted by marke4 View Post

Bottom line Bank of Canada is considered low investment grade not high like the U.S.

LOL ... umm, sure it is.

Most anyone with a basic knowledge of international finance knows that Government of Canada debt is AAA-rated by Moodys and Standard & Poors.

http://www.fin.gc.ca/invest_x/ratings_e.asp

Edit: Oops, looks like Ganchrow already beat me to it.

marke4
    marke4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    I work at Taco Bell.

Do not need any loans.
    I hope your telling the truth, cause I thought the post was funny first, but if true absolutely hilarious.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Let's Play "WALLSTREET BAILOUT" The Rules Are... Rep Kaptur

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rep Kaptur does not understand, or so it seems, that both, the homeowners and the banks, are equally responsible for participating in the ponzi scheme created by the Federal Reserve. She wants to punish the banks who already lost in the process but let the homeowners keep the homes that they should not been able to afford in the first place. The only way for them to keep their homes is to keep financing that bubble.

First 123