Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

New message from PokerStars

There's a new message on the PokerStars client that says the DOJ has authorized them to pay back funds to US players. Great news hopefully.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

The DOJ has no legal authority to seize those funds in the first place...but great news.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

i dont have funds in any site, but am happy for players that do

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Lets see what happens I think if these sites know they are completely done they will not release the funds...I mean come on there underworld coks

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

site are not doen just in USA

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Lets see what happens I think if these sites know they are completely done they will not release the funds...I mean come on there underworld coks
    3/4 of the players are outside of the United States. These sites will continue on with or without US players.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

yea im happy for the guys to get there money

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

BetCascade said I would get my money too.

lcscanada
    lcscanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would LOVE to see Full Tilt do this , LOL, PS god bless them

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am stillon Pokerstars and about 200000 other people, why do you think they go broke ?? just because of there are no yanks anymore,Russians , Canadians , Germans alone will keep their business alive

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post
    I am stillon Pokerstars and about 200000 other people, why do you think they go broke ?? just because of there are no yanks anymore,Russians , Canadians , Germans alone will keep their business alive

Not to mention the Chinese bot farms

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

As Part of Agreements, Use of Domain Names Pokerstars.com and Fulltiltpoker.com Will Be Restored to Facilitate Return of U.S. Player Funds

PREET BHARARA, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced today that the United States entered into domain-name use agreements with PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker, two of three online poker companies named as defendants in an April 15 civil money laundering and forfeiture Complaint (the "Civil Complaint"), alleging bank fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, and illegal gambling offenses. The Complaint, a related Indictment, and a related Restraining Order issued against multiple bank accounts utilized by the companies and their payment processors do not prohibit the companies from refunding players’ money. Nevertheless, this agreement will facilitate the return of money so that players can register their refund requests directly with Pokerstars and Full Tilt Poker.

lcscanada
    lcscanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL, gonna start a separate thread but to sum it up:

" the U.S. District Attorney’s Office claimed that "No individual player accounts were ever frozen or restrained, and each implicated poker company has at all times been free to reimburse any player's deposited funds.” Obviously these two statements are in direct contrast to one another, and the reasoning behind it is not exactly clear. PokerNews has contacted Full Tilt Poker to try to get further explanation on the situation. "

Pokerstars, kept the money in a segregated account (players funds) from their own operating costs, ads, sponsors, etc... so PS is returning money, Full tilt has NO IDEA according to them where players money is because they had funds all over the place mixed in with company assets and other accounts. Way to go FTP lol. FULL TILT could have allowed players to withdraw anytime but THEY blocked the US gov, NOT the US gov. The US gov just arrested the ppl involved and shut the domains down. FTPs BS excuse that they need their website to return money is total BS. It's just a domain with some web pages. The client software is kept on a different server as well as the balances.

Full marks to PS for keeping players money safe, and actually paying out people, where FTP has NOT and has been lying.

goldman40
    goldman40's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is great news hope everyone gets there money

count da money
    count da money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

not worried had a $1.07 on full tilt good luck 4 everyone who had more

soaked in sweat
    AXE DRY!!!
    soaked in sweat's Avatar Become A Pro!

good to hear this, gunna be some happy americans.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

glad to see this. had some fpps on tilt, nothing else though. btw, tilt is part of the agreement as well.

However, 3 major issues i see, maybe someone knows more then me though?

1. how long of a delay will there be? id imagine these places are in 0 rush to get a customer there cash who likely will never play another hand on their site. also, you have about 33-40 percent of your customer base trying to cash out at once, should create quite a cash flow issue you would think in terms of funds, processing, etc.

2. is uncle sam gonna want a piece of these "refunds?" personally, i cant see how they could get a piece of it being that nothing had been setup prior.

3. are stars and tilt going to honor american WSOP qualifiers from satellites on their site? id imagine so, but im interested to see if anyone has confirmation of this one way or another.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I logged into pokerstars last night and they tried telling me 280,000 players were logged into that isnt true lol. I mean if there were 280,000 logged in only about 80,000 were foreigners playing and the other 200,000 were americans logged in just with the program open. I thought for a second that poker stars found a way to accept americans again when I saw 280,000 logged in

cranzter
    cranzter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

great news