donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

DOJ Press RELEASE Good News!!!

As Part of Agreements, Use of Domain Names Pokerstars.com and Fulltiltpoker.com Will Be Restored to Facilitate Return of U.S. Player Funds

From DOJ Website:
    http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressre ... entspr.pdf

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Proof of just how "illegal" gambling really is. DOJ is going to facilitate in getting gamblers their money back.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

They just want to trace it back to where it came from so they can bust your arse

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

lol, ya got that message when I logged into Poker Stars just now. I'm Canadian so it didn't effect me to begin with.

On the one hand I am not surprised by this, but on the other hand I didnt expect it this quick.

I think the intent of the Law has always been to take down the company and not the individual gambler.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

That is the intent. If the DoJ went after individuals it would back fire so much. Obama was already feeling the heat and knew this was about to blow up in their face.

donkdown

Heres message u get on stars!!
    Attached Images  

donkdown

All this release did was hammer home the point about the DOJ having US citizens best interests at heart.. DOJ is playing great if u ask me!!!

Greekster

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    All this release did was hammer home the point about the DOJ having US citizens best interests at heart.. DOJ is playing great if u ask me!!!

How do you figure this? I mean isnt the best interest at heart for US Poker Players to be able to play online poker?

GamblingMike
    Winner of The 2010 SBR Octotals Contest.
    GamblingMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    How do you figure this? I mean isnt the best interest at heart for US Poker Players to be able to play online poker?
    +1.

donkdown

Better pic other was 2 small..
    Attached Images  

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good news

big time legit company

donkdown

The DOJ really doesn't give a fck!! This just takes the pressure off them. They are saying ""it was never are intent not to get the US Players payed". Poker is done and BoDog is next. After they get all this fine money from these sites. They are going to go after whoever they can it's easy money!!

Greekster

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    The DOJ really doesn't give a fck!! This just takes the pressure off them. They are saying ""it was never are intent not to get the US Players payed". Poker is done and BoDog is next. After they get all this fine money from these sites. They are going to go after whoever they can it's easy money!!
    Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

They ARE going after the US poker/sports gambler. Yes they are returning your winnings back. But how did you build those winnings? By gambling, and now they are taking away your opportunity to do so, by shutting down these sites.

I am glad that US Players are getting their money back, but you have to look at this in the big picture.

donkdown

I agree but what the DOJ is saying that these companies were the ones breaking the law, by doing shady transactions through the banks not the US palyers so pay them. This was just another cash grab by the DOJ same as with Neteller. I'll be surprised if anyone even does any jail time.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I say good luck to getting these guys arrested.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by GamblingMike View Post

+1.
    Their interest is in keeping money inside the country, rather than a bunch of degenerates sending it offshore to some dude doing blow on an island...

I cant disagree with their intentions, the smart people find a way to play anyway.
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 04-20-11 at 12:14 PM.

donkdown

LOL Stars already doing payouts!! FTP is giving excuses.. LOL at Full Tilt Poker!!

http://ow.ly/i/aBQM

They r full of shit I just did a withdrawal at Stars for my balance was approved in 30 mins!!

donkdown

tilt is full of shit boys spread the word!! As I stated b4 they r lying to the players!!

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Good news for ppl panicking about their bankrolls. Now we will see how much of the player balances these sites have held in reserve -- or at least their capability to borrow on short term notice to cover all the withdrawals.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

How are they going to issue payments when the reason they've been indicted is their method of payment processing?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i just read that, it said for payouts, not being able to play

dinaro7
    super player
    dinaro7's Avatar Become A Pro!

our government is taking control of everything the least they can do is make pot legal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

or how about (depending how large a bankroll)and previous withdrawls. They forward to IRS for tax purposes??Can you say AUDIT

dinaro7
    super player
    dinaro7's Avatar Become A Pro!

make bingo illegal