mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

who wouldnt expect USC to be ranked higher than UGA? And they will keep climbing every week if they win. No matter how bad of a team they beat.

UGA can win out and be lucky to be in the top 10. Same shit year after year.
    But theres way to much football left to even consider the best teams right now.
    Bama/LSU/Texas will get the shaft if they lose a game and a backdoor will be left wide open for BYU/ Texas Tech/Penn ST.

Its shaping up to a season like last year though so who knows if any team will be undefeated when it matters.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    When all of your CONFERENCE games are tough week in and week out... Why play tough non-conference? Alabama will have played 3, maybe 4 Top 10 teams by the end of the season, along with almost every other SEC team... What does that tell ya?
    oh really? the 2007 final AP top 25 contained only 2 SEC teams in the Top 10

lets assume alabama is one of the 2 teams who finishes in the Top 10 of the top 25 by the end of the yr, that means they would have played only 1 other top 10 team, and we don't know for sure because every SEC team does not play one another

the more you talk, the more obvious it is how little you know about college football
    Last edited by hoopster42; 09-28-08 at 11:55 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4829

I wanna see Oklahoma-Penn State to be honest

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3572

LSU is number 2 in the poll that count towards the BCS!

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3572

The Harris Poll which counts for the BCS has

1. Oklahoma
    2.LSU
    3.Alabama
    4.Missouri
    5.Texas
    6.Penn State
    7.USC
    8.Texas Tech
    9.BYU
    10.Georgia

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3234

LSU is a joke.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

I don't want to hear any arguements on why USC should be in the top 10. There is NO reason. They lost to a 1-2 Oregon St. team while Georgia lost to a 4-0 Alabama team (who by the way killed Clemson and their season). No way on earth should USC be higher than them. On top of that, why the hell is Texas Tech in the top 10!!!!!!!!!! who have they played??!!!!!!!!! REDICULOUS!!!

mmike032

LSU is yet to be tested. I havent had a chance to watch them except agasint Auburn and they werent impressive than. But now that UGA is out of the picture I will be rooting for LSU/Bama to stay in the top 5 , well untill the SEC championship IF UGA makes it. Bama is the only team in the SEC that has impressed me so far but we got along way to go yet.

I have no comment on USC.

Tigers1230

anyone arguing against the SEC just look at the schedules. Who does USC play besides Ohio St.?? Oregon st., Stanford, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Arizona, Arizona st. (blown out at home by Georgia), Washington St., Washington, and Notre Dame.

Washington is 0-4
    Washington St. 1-4
    UCLA 1-3

Only 1 ranked team, besides USC, in that confrence. It is a joke that USC, even though they do have elite players, are sucking the tit from all the AP voters every year.

mmike032

and every year, get used to it. this will never change.
    west coast homies have to have at least 1 team to root for. USC has great talent but talent will not win games by itself as UGA showed Saturday night.

We're beating a dead horse here. USC will always be the media darlings

Tigers1230

I know. I just can't stand it when someone argues against the SEC for USC like they would last in the SEC.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    oh really? the 2007 final AP top 25 contained only 2 SEC teams in the Top 10

lets assume alabama is one of the 2 teams who finishes in the Top 10 of the top 25 by the end of the yr, that means they would have played only 1 other top 10 team, and we don't know for sure because every SEC team does not play one another

the more you talk, the more obvious it is how little you know about college football
    Clemson Georgia were both ranked 2nd LSU will be a top 3 team most likely at game time. What more do you want ? What school has played a tougher schedule to this point ? Alabama's remainining schedule has cream puff teams like LSU Auburn Ole Miss Kentucky. If Alabama wins the Western division they get to play the winner of the east probably Georgia again or Florida.

If Alabama does this and I'm not saying they will, whoever Alabama plays in the National Championship game will be destroyed. As a matter of fact you could probably take any of the top three SEC schools and beat any other confrences champion to a pulp. The big problem in the SEC is that the confrence is so tough its hard to make it through without a loss. Kentucky and Vandy cant be taken lightly either.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/22/2005

First 12