SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call me crazy, but I'm taking the Jets

Undervalued at home, merely 1pt favorites over an Arizona team that I don't think has the defensive personnel to keep it close if Favre doesn't play as badly as he did last week.

So, -1 -107ish is a solid spot here IMO. Almost a must win game for the Jets and Favre at home.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

im on them also crazyL big bet for me, 2 dimes lets cash son ............

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

You're crazy.

The problem is, you don't know how bad Favre's ankle is. He could go two sets of downs and be out. It sounds like he's starting for the sake of the consecutive record streak.

BeatTheJerk

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

complete coin flip, line is right on IMHO

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    You're crazy.

The problem is, you don't know how bad Favre's ankle is. He could go two sets of downs and be out. It sounds like he's starting for the sake of the consecutive record streak.
    If anybody is a gamer, it's iron man Brett Favre. The guy has evaded serious injury his entire career, think of how many rolled ankles he's had and how many times he came out relatively unscathed with just some midweek speculation. I don't feel with the MRI coming back as it did (no break), that Favre's durability is something we need to worry about.

tmuller02
    bet jam pre season contest winner
    tmuller02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

you know they went into sanfran and won that game the cards that is be careful

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The value is in favor of the Jets - by a few points IMO, anyway. Ok maybe a couple... I just have this weird feeling about Arizona. They've stayed on the east coast this week to prepare for the game. A lot of people don't like that (why, I don't know) - I just sense a bunker mentality for the Cardinals for this game. Also, I don't get a strong sense out of Jets camp that they will be better prepared. They had a really 'not so confident' week with the NY media - at least in my eyes. Scary to bet on those kind of teams.

This one is should be a total no play for me because my gut conflicts with the math. The weather looks to be potentially shaky in NY today, so who knows. All I know is, Arizona can run the ball and they were 1 mistake away from winning against the Skins last week... The Jets? They have a lot of work to do to show me they can be competitive against decent teams. That defense is not working well right now, and their corners are just way too small to defend Fitzgerald/Bolden - and their 3-4 scheme has not proven it can stop the run - worse yet if Jenkins isn't playing his best. The Jets could do 0 defensively when Jenkins got hurt against SD.

I took Arizona, but I was only intending to do system bets this week and actually took my gut lean over the handicapping - I feel stupid now, so naturally, everything I just said is null/void and stupid and the Jets are a lock to win - that's how it usually goes when I fade myself haha.

tmuller02
    bet jam pre season contest winner
    tmuller02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

nice write up im on the cards also if the jest dont have favre the a dog here who really knows how favre will handle himself this week with his ankle

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Undervalued at home, merely 1pt favorites over an Arizona team that I don't think has the defensive personnel to keep it close if Favre doesn't play as badly as he did last week.

So, -1 -107ish is a solid spot here IMO. Almost a must win game for the Jets and Favre at home.

Your crazy! Just jokin. You said to call you crazy. lol I'm staying away from this one just because the Cards have looked better than I expected and I feel the Jets are a bit unpredictable right now. Your reasoning sounds good to me though. GL

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    The value is in favor of the Jets - by a few points IMO, anyway. Ok maybe a couple... I just have this weird feeling about Arizona. They've stayed on the east coast this week to prepare for the game. A lot of people don't like that (why, I don't know) - I just sense a bunker mentality for the Cardinals for this game. Also, I don't get a strong sense out of Jets camp that they will be better prepared. They had a really 'not so confident' week with the NY media - at least in my eyes. Scary to bet on those kind of teams.

This one is should be a total no play for me because my gut conflicts with the math. The weather looks to be potentially shaky in NY today, so who knows. All I know is, Arizona can run the ball and they were 1 mistake away from winning against the Skins last week... The Jets? They have a lot of work to do to show me they can be competitive against decent teams. That defense is not working well right now, and their corners are just way too small to defend Fitzgerald/Bolden - and their 3-4 scheme has not proven it can stop the run - worse yet if Jenkins isn't playing his best. The Jets could do 0 defensively when Jenkins got hurt against SD.

I took Arizona, but I was only intending to do system bets this week and actually took my gut lean over the handicapping - I feel stupid now, so naturally, everything I just said is null/void and stupid and the Jets are a lock to win - that's how it usually goes when I fade myself haha.

hahaha, just choose the opposite of my picks and your sure to win bro!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I like the Cardinals. This is huge in my opinion:

The Cardinals tried a different approach before this week’s matchup at Giants Stadium. They didn’t return home from Washington, instead spending the week on the East Coast - something Fitzgerald said he thinks will give his team an advantage over a Jets squad that could be weary from a cross country trip and a short week.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Picked Cards to beat the Jet before the season so sticking with it.

Jets secondary is getting picked apart and that does not bode well with Warner playing like his old MVP self.

GL

kbryant24
    kbryant24's Avatar Become A Pro!

What are we going to do here folks?
    Last edited by kbryant24; 09-28-08 at 10:04 AM.

kbryant24
    kbryant24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since I saw the lines today. My inmediatly choice was the Jets -1 at Cardinals at home. But right now I am thinkin about this bet just because I cant understand why it looks so easy. Only -1 point at home for Favre and his team seems pretty low against any team that is not playing as Dallas or Philadelfia. I think Las Vegas knows something we are not seeing well in this game. It could be Favre not in good conditions or something else. I would try to get careful with this game. But Iīd like to play big on the Jets in this one, they are at home, and they havenīt win their firrst one at NY yet.

FadeThePublic
    FadeThePublic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your crazy, crazyL

cards win easy

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    hahaha, just choose the opposite of my picks and your sure to win bro!!!
    Haha - we should start the costanza betting consortium - I'm totally insta fade. Just post the plays we agree on - so everyone can go the other way. Bam, profit!!!

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by FadeThePublic View Post
    Your crazy, crazyL

cards win easy
    I wish you well but naturally I hope you're wrong bud.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You're crazy.

Cards are the MUCH better team, Jets are STILL overrated despite having been already exposed as frauds IMO.

BeatTheJerk

I guess im the only one with you crazyL , so lets cash this for these knuckleheads please !

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy man......crazy.

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You're crazy.

Cards are the MUCH better team, Jets are STILL overrated despite having been already exposed as frauds IMO.
    I agree 1000% percent

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I guess im the only one with you crazyL , so lets cash this for these knuckleheads please !
    No worries, we're going to look like geniuses when all is said and done. Guys are going to think they've took a time machine back to 99 watching Favre toss the pigskin this afternoon.

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Crazy, I followed your ass last night with Hawaii and we lost! Tough game. I lost mostly 70% of my balance!

I did pick the Jets in my weekly picks. GL

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by R3Sports View Post
    Crazy, I followed your ass last night with Hawaii and we lost! Tough game. I lost mostly 70% of my balance!

I did pick the Jets in my weekly picks. GL
    Last night was a raw deal, Hawaii had the lead and let it slip away. Cookie just crumbles that way sometimes, at least it was close.

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Last night was a raw deal, Hawaii had the lead and let it slip away. Cookie just crumbles that way sometimes, at least it was close.
    Yeah, true!

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just saw the God awful throw back uniforms the Jets are wearing today. Forget it; they're done. No one can win looking like that. Arizona for everyone!

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I just did a 180 and went with the Jets. Uniforms or not.

Coachep
    Coachep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Quote Originally Posted by kbryant24 View Post
    Since I saw the lines today. My inmediatly choice was the Jets -1 at Cardinals at home. But right now I am thinkin about this bet just because I cant understand why it looks so easy. Only -1 point at home for Favre and his team seems pretty low against any team that is not playing as Dallas or Philadelfia. I think Las Vegas knows something we are not seeing well in this game. It could be Favre not in good conditions or something else. I would try to get careful with this game. But Iīd like to play big on the Jets in this one, they are at home, and they havenīt win their firrst one at NY yet.
    Rainy, miserable weather here in Jersey, a dinged up, still confused Favre and a pass rush that can get to old man Warner. This game can go either way. I feel like the safest bet is to take the under.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Im on the Jets as well.

SBR Lou

Touchdown!

Jets 7-0

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talk about one weird first quarter. Fumbles, penalties, ect, ect.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking good early Crazyl

14-0 Jets

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Looking good early Crazyl

14-0 Jets

Must've been a defensive score.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!