MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Blazers vs Mavs Series Odds?

Anybody know the series odds?

Im all over Portland for this one. Since the Wallace trade, you can argue nobody is playing better Basketball.

Portland Beat Orlando and Miami on a back 2 back. Beat Dallas 2 times, OKC once, San Antonio 2x, and LA once since acquiring GW. They are playing some great defense, and while they are ideally one big man away (i.e. Glass Man Oden), they are loaded. Not the best 2 Guard in the NBA, as that distinction belongs to Kobe or Wade, but definitely the best depth of 2 Guards with Wesley Matthews, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Fernandez.

Couple this with a stud in Aldridge, All-star in Wallace, and Very Very good players in Miller, Camby and Batum, and too me it looks like Portland will be advancing to the next round.

I think their best asset is their versatility defensively. They play more zone then most teams, and switch everything on defense because of their personnel. Gerald Wallace/Aldridge and even Camby will be gaurding Dirk, and thats an elite group of defenders. Just look at what they did to Durant in their past 2 matchups. He scored 46 points on 14-44 shooting.

Anyway Im prepared to ride or die with Portland on this one. I honestly believe they should be favored, but they wont be, and if I could get them at +300 it would be a dream. Prepared to drop a dime on this series.
    LETS GO BLAZERS

On a side note, Portland is now 40/1 to win NBA Title. to everyone who took them at 100/1 odds. Ideally a healthy Roy and Oden from a legit shot, but still great odds. Could be a 20,000 miracle for me.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

was loving the blazers for the playoffs, but was hoping they would of dodge the mavs for the 1st rd

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Love Portland to win this.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

I am rooting for Portland

MarlinsFan2212

Blazers +185 on Bookmaker.

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much espn hype on portalnd upset, Im waitin till gameday to take mavs series line

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I see it like this:

Batum/Wallace combo shuts down Terry.
    Caron Butler is out. Kidd vs Miller is a wash. Aldridge vs Dirk should be about equal with Dirk having a little edge.
    Chandler is better than Camby.

The big players in this series are Wesley Matthews and Roy and Marion. Those three players are huge. If Roy and Matthews play well the Blazers win. If Marion plays well and Roy and Matthews are average the Mavs win.

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyasu View Post
    So much espn hype on portalnd upset, Im waitin till gameday to take mavs series line
    not warranted? Glad I dont watch espn

MarlinsFan2212

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    I see it like this:

Batum/Wallace combo shuts down Terry.
    Caron Butler is out. Kidd vs Miller is a wash. Aldridge vs Dirk should be about equal with Dirk having a little edge.
    Chandler is better than Camby.

The big players in this series are Wesley Matthews and Roy and Marion. Those three players are huge. If Roy and Matthews play well the Blazers win. If Marion plays well and Roy and Matthews are average the Mavs win.
    I actually agree on your Key Players, but I doubt Batum/Wallace will spend much time, if any on Terry. Portlands pretty small because of Odens injury, and both Batum and Wallace play the 4 as much as they do the 3. I know Dallas runs a 3 guard system, but I think Portland is more likely to counter it with a lineup of Miller, Roy/Fernandez, Matthews, Wallace and Aldridge.

I expect Matthews to be on Terry, and Im pretty confident he'll do a good job.

Aldridge is averaging 27.75 PPG vs Dallas this year. They couldnt slow him down all season, and I dont expect it to stop now.