stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Systems, systems and more systems.

BUT there is one key with systems and that's money management, and there's one type of money management system that will make your life so much easier. Can you guess what it is?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i have bet on kansas city royals games incorrectly at least 5 times already.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

baseball is no sport

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Love baseball.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

sometimes it is real easy... like taking the Phillies ML today. Yeah, their idiot coach kept in Doc in the 9th and almost blew it but sometimes you gotta sweat it out.

or the fact that their is no pitching in the Cards - D-Backs series, over over over... betting over 10 today was about as easy as betting over 10 comes.

or getting ready to fade the Indians once their win streak hit 7 and 2 str8 sweeps... after 1 more win they have now lost 2 in a row.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they say the ball travels easily in arizona because of the air, so a lot of homers. lance berkman didn't swing very hard on his grand slam out there. and it seems hard to hit it out of minnesota's park because the wind blows in towards the plate a lot.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

Lol it is quite amazing in a month where you could have bet all dogs and made like 20 units and you can't hit them. I myself have been picking terribly. That's why I'm using a system instead of my own picks. I'll probably do better in favorite months like may and July. Hopefully my system will do even better.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by BravesandMagic View Post
    Wandy giving up 5 runs in the 1 to a pathetic cubs offense? Underdogs killing favorite teams every night? WTF is this?
    Underdogs are not killing favs every night unfortunately. Last night, both Orioles & Nats lost..

The problem about baseball betting is, many bettors don't understand baseball betting. It's completely a different animal.

Even an ace pitcher can lose or have bad games, bullpen can ruin the game but these can be to your advantage if you pick your spots right. I love betting dogs..

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    i love betting baseball because their are some nice doggies to bet
    Dogs are way to go man
    Last edited by Sawyer; 04-14-11 at 04:31 AM.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post
    Lol it is quite amazing in a month where you could have bet all dogs and made like 20 units and you can't hit them. I myself have been picking terribly. That's why I'm using a system instead of my own picks. I'll probably do better in favorite months like may and July. Hopefully my system will do even better.
    "System Approach" is a good thing in my opinion. First of all, it lets you stay emotionless all the time. You don't think as which game I should play..or lurking through the board to find a game to wager. When you're on a losing streak, you don't feel too much stress since stress cannot effect your selections since all selections are made by your system. That's why I like systems. You just follow the rules and press button.

The only potential danger/disadvantage about a system is,

Sometimes, you may disagree with system selections. We're human after all. We're confident with our brain and our skills, knowledge. Sometimes, system may point Team-A but you may think Team-B will win. In a situation like this, you should always stick with your system. If you don't, then it means you're not confident with your system. I must admit that I was feeling like burning money when betting on Edmonton, Ottawa for whole season (Sawyer's Iron Dogs) but these teams won many times.

Upsets happen. If you bet on dogs, these kind of upsets can be good for you..

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4971

baseball is always a crapshoot early in the season

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Great advice everyone. Only thing is there are soo many systems out there and even if you pick one, there's so many ways to manipulate the system i.e. Labby lines etc. How do you find the right one?! I'd like to find a good system or poster that plays totals alot. Just seems like it'd be less stressful and easier since there's less juice than picking a big fav or less risk than picking dogs. Anyone know of a good system/poster that plays totals?! What about the 1st inning systems? they any good? If so, which one?!

the_mathman
    the_mathman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Wandy giving up 5 runs in the 1 to a pathetic cubs offense? Underdogs killing favorite teams every night? WTF is this?
    Some elementary notion about MLB before start to bet:

1- Do you need hudreds of bet before you can judge a trend in a sport
    2- best MLB teams win only the 60% of the games
    3- worst MLB team win about the 40% of the plays
    4- the season is long
    5- The betting world is as a perfect market the odds, so if you bet randomly the favorite or the dog surely at the end of the season you have lose money (the book's edge)

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball is actually one of the best!

TT77
    TT77's Avatar Become A Pro!

baseball is great to bet on compared to nba/nfl, but a snoozer to watch

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fade team after they win a few games because most teams are equal

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Well, take underdogs and enjoy. Meanwhile which US sport is better to make money? NFL ??
    Last edited by gangeriver; 04-14-11 at 06:19 AM.

greenshark11
    greenshark11's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you dont know baseball youlll suck. its not like basketballl where you can just pick the favorite money line and with 9 out of 10 times. If your good youi can win more money at this then any other sport. I mean baseball is a good sport to bet on. I picked the marlins to win a game last year and they were down 7 runs goin in to the ninth and came back one. thats the fun of baseball no time limit like other sports. my opinion baseball next to football is the best game to bet on

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Baseball is more or less looking for certain spots or trends. For example going against a team that had to travel cross country or maybe choosing the over when you have two crap pitchers in a hitters park.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

stay away from giving 1.5 runs ever...even if it looks like a generous payback on a fav getting plus money for covering but it's just too hard to win by 1.5 runs consistently...plus the juice is doubled to boot...

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

maybe some people just suck at capping baseball. nolasco & fish as small dogs tonight in atlanta. gl

First 12