VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

My College Football Picks Week 5 (Video)!

Feeling very good about this week! Liked about 16 games, was very hard to cut down to 11.

Thought I'd get it out a little early this week.

Good luck this week! Lets get em!

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good vid again... I like the Wash/Stanford game... Still thinking about the UG/Bama game thinking of taking the under... game looks pretty scary to call...

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully Ohio St wins by as much as you do with them in NCAA 07

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Picks, I think Wisconsin is the big play this week! After that the board gets dry for me!

$$POOLCRAZY$$$$
    $$POOLCRAZY$$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

ohio state sucks bro..minn+17 easy pick....mich st -8 also in dea bag my brotha

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    Good vid again... I like the Wash/Stanford game... Still thinking about the UG/Bama game thinking of taking the under... game looks pretty scary to call...
    I got a good feeling on Georgia... I also love that they give Bama 7.5 opening line, just begging people to get on Bama...

Quote Originally Posted by gm2022 View Post
    Hopefully Ohio St wins by as much as you do with them in NCAA 07

Quote Originally Posted by gm2022 View Post
    Good Picks, I think Wisconsin is the big play this week! After that the board gets dry for me!
    Funny that you see a dry board here, I had like 17 games circled and barely got it down to 11!

Games I considered but eventually didn't make the cut;

TCU +18.0
    Buffalo +6.5
    San Jose State +3.0
    UCLA +6.5
    Mich State -8.5
    Northen Illinois -6.0

I.R.B

Come on guys lets keep this thread at the top, very good info on this weeks plays...

I'm on Wash/Stanford

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thanks bud!

What did you get Wash at? I'm wondering if they'll get any better then -3.5... If they get to -3 or better they'd be really tough to pass on IMO.

I.R.B

I'm going to wait to see if it drops to 3... If not i feel good enough on 3.5...

jgm1967
    jgm1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    I got a good feeling on Georgia... I also love that they give Bama 7.5 opening line, just begging people to get on Bama...

Funny that you see a dry board here, I had like 17 games circled and barely got it down to 11!

Games I considered but eventually didn't make the cut;

TCU +18.0
    Buffalo +6.5
    San Jose State +3.0
    UCLA +6.5
    Mich State -8.5
    Northen Illinois -6.0

Great work Dave..I really look forward to this every week.One game that stands out to me and will be my biggest wagers of the year is miami -chapel hill.With yates out this is a vastly different tarheel team.

They did beat miami last year but miami should have won that game.I will probably tease this game with new orleans in nfl and maybe to get the clemson line down.

I spend alot of my year in chapel hill and know the heels pretty well.They were exposed last week against tech and their usual downhill slide should continue this week against the canes.

cheers

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

I'm going to wait to see if it drops to 3... If not i feel good enough on 3.5...
    Smart move, right on

I.R.B

What you think about the Auburn/Tenn game? Auburn looks like a good play in this one... thoughts?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by jgm1967 View Post
    Great work Dave..I really look forward to this every week.One game that stands out to me and will be my biggest wagers of the year is miami -chapel hill.With yates out this is a vastly different tarheel team.

They did beat miami last year but miami should have won that game.I will probably tease this game with new orleans in nfl and maybe to get the clemson line down.

I spend alot of my year in chapel hill and know the heels pretty well.They were exposed last week against tech and their usual downhill slide should continue this week against the canes.

cheers
    JGM, thank you as always for the nice comment.

Not a bad angle at all. Not only is it in Miami, but Conn beating McNese close didn't look good, blowing out Rutgers is looking like something anyone can do these days, and the VTech loss at home certainly doesn't look good. I skipped this game as I don't know enough about these two teams, but looking at the stats, it makes a LOT of sense. Good luck with this play, I like it!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

What you think about the Auburn/Tenn game? Auburn looks like a good play in this one... thoughts?
    Auburn definitely looks like the play, but I can't help but feel like its going to come together for Tennessee sooner then later. Not sure if this will be the week or not, but I don't have enough confidence in Auburn to make this pick.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

For those that didn't hear, Beanie Wells is probable;

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...story/10991974

If you do agree with me on the OSU pick, I'd grab it now at 17.5 before the line moves accordingly.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good vid. Great effort.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Good vid. Great effort.

Means alot coming from the king of sports pick vids himself!
    Last edited by VegasDave; 09-24-08 at 10:24 AM.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

How many people are with me on this Georgia game? I'm curious what everyone else is thinking.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Auburn definitely looks like the play, but I can't help but feel like its going to come together for Tennessee sooner then later.
    Not sure it will be this week, but do agree with you that Tennessee is going to muck up someone's works in the SEC before it's all said and done. Good luck with the plays.

bosterosoy
    bosterosoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia beat up on a one dimensional Arizona State team. With that said, Clemson and Arkansas did not look much better, but provided a better gauge of Bama's strengths.

Love Miami and Louisville. Will throw everything on Duke.

Any thoughts on the USC game Thursday?

BOL

bosterosoy
    bosterosoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Temple's QB is out for "significant time"

Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Auburn played LSU last week. LSU hurts their opp. Aub is beaten up. I like tenn in this one. Its called tiger syndrome. Tenn is fast Auburns O sucks.

Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

How many people are with me on this Georgia game? I'm curious what everyone else is thinking.
    Alabama plus the points is the way to go. I think they may even win straight. Georgia is overrated. Alabama wants to prove they are better than what people think. Nick Saban will have his team ready. Alabamas problem has been their O but I think in week 5 this O should be clicking. Georgias D is good but so is Alabamas D. This is an SEC game and TD is a lot to give up in this one.

Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn will not lose 2 straight weeks at home.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by bosterosoy View Post
    Temple's QB is out for "significant time"
    f\*\*k. I really wish the site I used to research games would update their fvcking injury list

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to make a note and cancel this play.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by bosterosoy View Post
    Georgia beat up on a one dimensional Arizona State team. With that said, Clemson and Arkansas did not look much better, but provided a better gauge of Bama's strengths.

Love Miami and Louisville. Will throw everything on Duke.

Any thoughts on the USC game Thursday?

BOL
    USC is just too damn good on defense, and the offense has looked much improved this year, too. I'm not thrilled with giving up 4 TDs in the first in-conference game (on the road no less), but if you play it, the play has to be USC. I don't see what anyone sees in Oregon State here; I feel like this is a game that if you bet OSU you are merely praying for a backdoor cover or some good luck because nothing in these two team's play so far this season warrants any reason to believe OSU is the pick here. This is a Play-USC-Or-Pass game in my opinion, and I chose pass.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

SMU is horrible any way you look at it and Ohio State is overrated out of their ass. I've got Tulane and Minnesota. Love the Rice and Wisconsin games though. Georgia's had 2 rough games behind them and Alabama has the talent to cover. Penn State will put the clamps down on Juice and the Illini have no way of stopping Penn State on defense. BOL on your plays though

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    SMU is horrible any way you look at it and Ohio State is overrated out of their ass. I've got Tulane and Minnesota. Love the Rice and Wisconsin games though. Georgia's had 2 rough games behind them and Alabama has the talent to cover. Penn State will put the clamps down on Juice and the Illini have no way of stopping Penn State on defense. BOL on your plays though
    Well, at least you like two of my picks

I just think SMU can put up 17 - 21 points in this game, which would force Tulane to score 5 or 6 TDs, and I don't really know that they're offense is that overpowering. Could also very easily be a let-down game for them. But we will see.

Ohio State has a ton of talent on defense, no matter how you "rate" it. With Wells back and Pryor looking good, they may get some offense going, too. I don't think Minny is a bad play at all, but I still think its the wrong side to be on.

Georgia I'm very confident in.

This game will tell us a lot about Penn State. Another big blowout win here, and they will really be tough to pick against at all down the stretch.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Tulane held Alabama to 20 points in a decently played game. I really like Tulane, because SMU will throw it around and give the football up rather easily. Minnesota has been solid against the run and if they can just slow down Ohio State's running game then it will be a close game. Nick Saban knows SEC football and I can't bet against Alabama, but I might not play if the line doesnt move to 7.5. Rice is another play I like. They can flat out throw the football and ANYBODY could throw the ball against North Texas.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Rice is another play I like. They can flat out throw the football and ANYBODY could throw the ball against North Texas.
    Agreed, I really can't figure out why the spread is so low on this one.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Dropped the Temple game, added the Miami game;

Thanks again for the heads up

jgm1967
    jgm1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carolina will either be starting a red shirt freshmen or maybe cam sexton.Basically on the road against extremely talented team like miami ,this game could be a blowout

I am teasing the Miami game with the saints and another teaser with clemson.The Saints should not have a problem against the 49ers,san francisco is having a better year but this is not a great football team and clemson at home is hell for opposing teams and I think the alabama outing was just a bad opener for clemson.The tigers are a talented team that deserves their ranking.

.I dont think you need to tease it but I dont want to risk a back door cover.

cheers

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL usckingsfan...keep up the good work...

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

great vid again USC.
    I'm with you on the UGA game. Bama hasnt played a decent defense this year. UGAs rushing defense has been lights out so far. UGAs offense has to many weapons for Bama. Its also going to be a blackout. With the black jerseys they are 2-0 and play like a totally possesed team. Only question will be if UGA O-line can contain the monsters on Bama's D-line. If Bama loads the box, Stafford will pick them apart with the pass and AJ Green is a stellar reciever in his freshman year. If they drop the d back to stop the pass, Moreno will no doubt average 8 yds a carry.

Too many weapons for Bama to stop.

I'm waiting for the line to drop some more. Its down to 6.5 at BetJ.
    I got a feeling the public will be on the "Roll Tide" band wagon and the spread will be down to 4 by game time. Of course, I'm a rookie still but this what my intution is telling me. We'll see, good luck with your picks.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    great vid again USC.
    I'm with you on the UGA game. Bama hasnt played a decent defense this year. UGAs rushing defense has been lights out so far. UGAs offense has to many weapons for Bama. Its also going to be a blackout. With the black jerseys they are 2-0 and play like a totally possesed team. Only question will be if UGA O-line can contain the monsters on Bama's D-line. If Bama loads the box, Stafford will pick them apart with the pass and AJ Green is a stellar reciever in his freshman year. If they drop the d back to stop the pass, Moreno will no doubt average 8 yds a carry.

Too many weapons for Bama to stop.

I'm waiting for the line to drop some more. Its down to 6.5 at BetJ.
    I got a feeling the public will be on the "Roll Tide" band wagon and the spread will be down to 4 by game time. Of course, I'm a rookie still but this what my intution is telling me. We'll see, good luck with your picks.
    Glad to see the guy with the Georgia helmet avatar is backing my Georgia pick

Hope we are right buddy.

1234 Last