jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Josh Hamilton Out 2 Months

This guy plays too hard and it costs him, he is too valuable to take risks

DETROIT – Texas slugger Josh Hamilton is expected to miss six to eight weeks after breaking his upper right arm on a headfirst dive into home plate Tuesday, a daring dash the AL MVP later called "stupid."
    Hamilton tried to score from third on a foul popup near the Detroit dugout in the first inning. Third baseman Brandon Inge and catcher Victor Martinez both chased the ball, leaving the plate unprotected.
    Inge made the catch, then tossed the ball to Martinez, who scampered back in time to tag Hamilton.
    "It was a stupid play," Hamilton said. "The whole time the ball was in the air, the coach was yelling, 'Go, there's no one at home,' and I was thinking, 'I don't want to do this, something is going to happen.'
    "But I listened to my coach," he said, referring to third-base coach Dave Anderson. "It was way too aggressive. Maybe if they had both been closer to me, but they had a perfect angle to cut me off, and the only way to avoid a tag in that situation is to go head first."
    Hamilton slid headfirst earlier in the inning on an RBI triple. The Tigers wound up winning 5-4.
    Rangers general manager Jon Daniels defended Anderson's decision to send Hamilton.
    "We play an aggressive style of baseball," he said. "The chances of getting hurt on that play are minimal."
    The AL champion Rangers, off to a 9-2 start, said Hamilton has a non-displaced fracture of the humerus bone at the top of his arm, just below the shoulder. He isn't expected to swing a bat for a month.
    The fracture was small enough that it wasn't detected on an X-ray, but Daniels held a conference call about two hours after the game with results from an MRI exam.
    "Obviously, he's a big part of our club," Daniels said. "We built the club to deal with something like this."
    With Hamilton headed to the disabled list, Daniels said the team will probably call up Chris Davis from Triple-A Round Rock.
    Hamilton missed most of the final month of the regular season last year with two broken ribs after he made a catch, then rolled his ankle and stumbled hard into the outfield wall at Minnesota. He was back in time for the postseason and helped Texas reach the World Series.
    Hamilton hit .359 with 32 home runs and 100 RBIs in 2010. He's hitting .333 this season.
    In 2009, Hamilton was limited to 89 games when he had two stints on the disabled list after separate wall-crashing catches.
    The Rangers gave him a $24 million, two-year contract in February, avoiding arbitration.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Seems like he's always getting hurt. I hope this doesn't turn into a Ken Griffey Jr. or Grant Hill situation. Brother's made some mistakes in his life, but damn, how many more dues is he going to have to pay before the Gods just let the man play ball?

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

thats what steroids will do to you.

constant nagging injuries

jjgold

Yeh he gets bad breaks

Fuk me

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Damn, I wonder what he's going to do for the next two months without baseball?????

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

It was very Christian of him to throw his 3rd base coach under the bus, however.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

That sucks. Luckily for the Rangers, they are still a power house without him.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Pointless move, third base coach should be fired leaving his star hitter out there to dry. First inning, no need to slide head first into home.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Texas will still walk away with that division

Just glad he's not on my Fantasy team. The owner is a drunk, can't have my players be drunks too

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

that's a damn shame. they should get a new 3rd base coach that's unacceptable

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

this sucks! Hamilton is the best slugger in the AL. Texas will miss him

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Tough break for the Rangers.

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    thats what steroids will do to you.

constant nagging injuries
    I'm not sure breaking your arm is an injury that is at all correlated with steroids.

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

the dang ole boob

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Huge loss for the Rangers...

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I think it was a little too aggressive especially in the first inning. The ball was shallow in foul territory, so it wasn't that far for the catcher to get back too. I would still gladly have him and give Texas Volquez and Herrera back to Texas. (That's Stupid)

I think Hamilton was frustrated calling it stupid. Hurts a little to do that to the coach. Just keep it to yourself. Texas might become a little average now without him in the lineup. They are still a solid team, but it hurts losing an MVP.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Hamilton always gets injured every year.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Hope Hamilton wont get back into drinking. At least not till November.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18831

The Rangers still have good bats. This is a setback but its not like hes out for the season. He'll be back in 2 months and I want him to 100% fully heal so he can put up the numbers that we know hes capable of.

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

ladies and gentleman the next griffey

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

got him on my fantasy baseball team ******* greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

pizzaboyrick
    pizzaboyrick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by keenecharger21 View Post
    got him on my fantasy baseball team ******* greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
    Me Too!!!

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's going to hurt. Do you count Texas out this early?

jjgold

He definitely is injury prone
    Also plays was too aggressive which is not bad but they need him to be healthy

I rather see him not get a ball or not beat out play and remain on field

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Luckily a broken arm doesnt really represent any chance of prolonged injury.

The team may back the coach publicly but privately I dont think that would be the case. Too aggressive this early in the season and that early in a game.

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by jstblaze View Post
    Luckily a broken arm doesnt really represent any chance of prolonged injury.

The team may back the coach publicly but privately I dont think that would be the case. Too aggressive this early in the season and that early in a game.
    Definitely too aggressive considering the situation, but ultimately if Josh Hamilton didn't think he could make it home, he didn't have to attempt to score. The play was in front of him the whole way. He also didn't have to slide head first. There seems to be 4-5 key injuries each year that occur when someone slides into a bag head first.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

Will be interesting to see how the books adjust to this for the next couple of months....

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Poor Rangers.. lets see what they can do without him..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

More pressure on their pitching now to try and maintain their current level which I still think is over achieving. Lineup still has some run producers, but Beltre & Cruz now counted on to be main run producers? Oakland & LA need to make their runs NOW if they're gonna make any.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

All those drugs have seriously damaged his body. What moron breaks his arm sliding? Thank god the reds traded him.

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12908

huge loss, a definite blunder by the 3rd base coach

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Tough loss. Texas has been playing so well as of late. Let's see if their offense can hold up without his bat. His bat in the lineup provides protection to Beltre and Cruz.

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

texas got a good replacement for hamilton in murphy. need more offense from borbon while hamilton is out.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Good thing the season just started. 2 months is a long time, but he will be back out there. I just hope for a quick recovery for my Fantasy squad.

12 Last