SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Love this boxing dog at +125

821 Vitali Klitschko -150
    822 Samuel Peter +125

The fight is Oct 11th. IMHO they got the wrong fighter favored.

Peter is the real deal. Zero chance this fight goes beyond 6 imo. The knock in the past on Peter was he had a bit of a glass chin. But actually he just showed up at a couple of fights out of shape. He didnt lose but he got wobbled. He's been in great shape lately and hard punches havent even slowed him down at all. His offense reminds me of Larry Holmes except better. I like Peter to win by KO in the 4th or 5th.

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks i just might take it Johnny Boy

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

302 Samuel Peter +136

How much should I wager?

I've never bet boxing in my life.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    302 Samuel Peter +136

How much should I wager?

I've never bet boxing in my life.
    I'd say a couple of units. These are two bombers so anything can happen. But imo Peter is better overall. The betting world has not forgiven him for his out of shape appearnace in early 07 against a no name which he eventually knocked out. Last fight he was in great shape with a wire to wire KO.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

he is slow and the reach difference will give him a world of problems just like it did when he took a beating for 12 rounds against wladimir. the klitschkos are 2 of the sharpest punchers in the business. nice to see vitali back in the ring after being beaten down with injuries. he may be a little rusty but ill take the fav. here.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck guys the reason that Peters is a underdog is because Vitali's brother Wladimir has the same style and he beat peters. I see the same thing happening Vitali even with the glass chin and ring rust should be able to stay on the outside and pick apart Peters... Peters is the slowest heavyweight i've seen outside of james toney Vitali might even stop Peters in the later rounds. Peters will gas and become a sitting target.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Wow Vitali has not fought since December 11 2004! almost 4 years, an d now is 37 years old. I agree Vitali's has the style advantage in this fight but i guess Peter at + money fight a guy with that long a layoff is a good play.

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

John, i'm with you all the way. I put my $ on peter +125 too. I don't agree that vitali and wlad have the same style. wlad is much more mobile. That gave peter fits. Vitali was less mobile to begin with, and with several injuries, he'll be even less so.

we might be the only ones thinking this tho, as peter opened at +115, so more $ has gone on Vitali.

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Who has Sam P beat? I know I've seen him fight before. Thanks for bringing this fight up, I've been out of the boxing loop for a while. Any thoughts on Oct 18th Pavlik vs. BHop?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Where is Punchmaster?

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

I figured they would Vitali someone easier for a comeback fight. Should be interesting.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    822 Samuel Peter +125

Peter is the real deal. Zero chance this fight goes beyond 6 imo. The knock in the past on Peter was he had a bit of a glass chin. But actually he just showed up at a couple of fights out of shape. He didnt lose but he got wobbled. He's been in great shape lately and hard punches havent even slowed him down at all. His offense reminds me of Larry Holmes except better. I like Peter to win by KO in the 4th or 5th.
    Wow, Vitali has lost twice, once to Lennox Lewis on cuts, and once to Chris Byrd when he quit after a shoulder injury. To think Sam Peter KO's him in 4 rounds is a stretch. Yes he is on a 4 year layoff but he's been training with he brother for those years. Lets not gorget that Sam peter knocked Wladamir down 3 times in there fight and still lost the fight. Vitali will most likley keep peter at a distance and jab him for the whole fight

Tosser
    Tosser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I´ll give you Peter at +135 for any amount, just set it up at Matchbook :P
    Vitali had a long break, before that the line would have been Klitschko -400 or so..
    if he is in good shape, Peter won´t have a chance.

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

A 2003 Vitali one-twos his way to an easy, late TKO. Five years and a bunch of injuries later, I dunno, but his fundamentals are still a lot better than Peter's.

If Big V is in any kind of shape, I don't think Peter can win this.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Well this fight is on in less than 24 hrs weigh in was Vitali Klitschko 246 pounds, Sam Peter 253 and the odds now at bookmaker

Vitali Klitschko -230
    Samuel Peter +190

SBR John if your still on this dog hope you waited for the better price

Matt Rain

Klitschko's looking good, can't wait to see if he can still dish out the same thunder he did 4 years ago :
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-25-15 at 09:40 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Matt Rain

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-25-15 at 09:40 AM. Reason: image does not exist

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    822 Samuel Peter +125

Then why wouldn't you just bet Under 9.5? No offense, but you really are a terrible gambler, John.

Peter better earn a stoppage if he hopes to win, because he's not getting a decision in Germany.

Matt Rain

Oh my, I just read John's post. I think there's a 90% chance this goes beyond 6. No one has a glass chin here - Peter just has no defense and he ends up getting hit with huge clean shots.

I'm predicting a late TKO for Klit around the 9th or 10th. Peter is little more than a dumb slugger.

Tosser

lol no offense John, but i feel for the guys that tailed you on this

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peter was a nothing. My money on Vitali was safe.

To be fair, the heavyweight division is a sham, so neither should be champion.

Tosser

what a joke, if i´d be Peter this would have been my last fight ^^

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

[QUOTE=woodg8;1104568]Peter was a nothing. My money on Vitali was safe.

To be fair, the heavyweight division is a sham, so neither should be champion.[/Q

Your money was safe? You asked if the other guy was brought off the street? It is obvious you don't know much about boxing so don't toot your horn like you know it was safe.

teaserpleaser

It was a bad matchup

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Good luck guys the reason that Peters is a underdog is because Vitali's brother Wladimir has the same style and he beat peters. I see the same thing happening Vitali even with the glass chin and ring rust should be able to stay on the outside and pick apart Peters... Peters is the slowest heavyweight i've seen outside of james toney Vitali might even stop Peters in the later rounds. Peters will gas and become a sitting target.
    Not saying i told you so but it happened just as i said made some nice $$ on klitschko stoppage

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=robmpink;1104629]
    Quote Originally Posted by woodg8 View Post
    Peter was a nothing. My money on Vitali was safe.

To be fair, the heavyweight division is a sham, so neither should be champion.[/Q

Your money was safe? You asked if the other guy was brought off the street? It is obvious you don't know much about boxing so don't toot your horn like you know it was safe.
    Yeah, it was safe after seeing the first two rounds. No I don't keep up to date with the division any more because it is a farce and I'll toot my own horn all I like as Peter was a ****ing joke of a fighter.

teaserpleaser

John you want to make some $$$ take hopkins +14.5 point handicap (-115 @ 5dimes) B-hop will win some of these rounds and make it close hes crafty enough not to get stopped and go the distance if anybody gets ko'ed in this fight its probably going to be Pavlik. B-hop never been ko'ed if this stays true you cash no way in hell pavlik outpoints B-hop by 14.5 (pavlik would have to take all 12 rounds and get 2 10-8 rounds )you took a chance on peters... Then you should really love this one because this one actually has a chance to cash!!
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 10-17-08 at 03:27 PM.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

b hop is washed up and is going to get KOd

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    by pavlik a straight forward puncher i think not... im not going to say B-hop is going to win the fight hes way past his prime if Pavlik throws 60 punches a round pavlik wins the decision B-hop has probably the best defense in boxing. If Pavlik ko's him i'll to pavlik if you think b-hop is just going to stand in front of pavlik like Taylor and those other guys not going to happen. Hopkins has been 55 fights never been stopped I'll take my chances. B-hop knows how to steal rounds and how to survive when hurt... I cant remember the last time he was hurt maybe the Roy Jones fight. Pavlik kind of reminds me of Trinidad big straight forward puncher... we all know how that turned out.

teaserpleaser

Numbers at +13.5 now and falling better get on it quick

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post

teaserpleaser

Easy $$$$ first thing out of Hopkins mouth ... "Styles make fights" 2nd thing out "Obama i know your watching this fight your the next president That was for you" Love it hope somebody jumped on the easy money. I turned it off in the 10th round did Pavlik even win a round??