hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

college football lines never looked so sharp, they're getting tougher

used to be that 5 to 7 gms would jump off the page at me. cfb was a goldmine for me, along w/college hoops. my preseason research has not changed, i still study every team in every conference, but the lines are sharper than ever. i know they're are some cats on here who are picking well, but don't get too excited about a 30 gm sample, the next 13 saturdays will be tougher than you think, dont believe me? keep picking your games and we'll see what happens,

anyhow, i think the oddsmakers and the marketplace is sharper than ever in college football, and there just isnt as much an advantage as there was during the last 12 or 15 yrs

anyone else notice this? or is it just me

any other theories on why the lines are sharper than ever? maybe the teams are more unpredictable than ever?

opinions please

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Actually, I have to disagree with you. I just think the tools and strategies that made money over the previous years have become significantly weaker (read: overused or overvalued), but other strategies have become much more profitable. There are still plenty of major weaknesses in the marketplace, just different weaknesses than before.

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just have to limit the plays

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet teasers then.

Or keno, whatever.

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    Bet teasers then.

Or keno, whatever.
    The 2nd one is the winner!

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3561

The openers are just as soft... just more people pounding them into shape quickly.

I imagine books were getting crushed on totals, so you're seeing those come out later.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by Wheell View Post
    Actually, I have to disagree with you. I just think the tools and strategies that made money over the previous years have become significantly weaker (read: overused or overvalued), but other strategies have become much more profitable. There are still plenty of major weaknesses in the marketplace, just different weaknesses than before.
    the weakness is certainly not on sides. look, i can name the starting qb and head coach of all 119 d-1a teams in the country, at the drop of a hat. i can also detail their strengths and weaknesses for you. my knowledge of each team will amaze you, believe me. so, unless you're more specific, this post by you is just total bullshit w/steam rising steadily off of it

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    The openers are just as soft... just more people pounding them into shape quickly.

I imagine books were getting crushed on totals, so you're seeing those come out later.
    this is the most viable explanation offered thus far. too much sharp money in the marketplace, very little square money. i guess the funding issues turned the recreational players away, but the sharps who depend on the income found a way to get their money there

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    this is the most viable explanation offered thus far. too much sharp money in the marketplace, very little square money. i guess the funding issues turned the recreational players away, but the sharps who depend on the income found a way to get their money there
    You just described horse racing.

Very little dummy money in the pools anymore, except for on big days.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2176

the biggest thing i have noticed in say the past 5 years are that home dogs are just death
    it seems the oddsmakers have stacked everything against the home dog in all of football and baskets
    people keep insisting on playing them and they just get torched

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    the biggest thing i have noticed in say the past 5 years are that home dogs are just death
    it seems the oddsmakers have stacked everything against the home dog in all of football and baskets
    people keep insisting on playing them and they just get torched
    this a great pt, home dogs are typically very short dogs, so much info is out there now, everybody has info, every tom, dickhead and hairy fukk has info on returning starters, any monkey, including me, can regurgitate it

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to hear that about your mom hoops... You like anything on Thursday night?
    Last edited by bmw530i; 10-01-08 at 10:42 PM.

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Betpoints: 3151

it is still hard for an away favorite to cover on national tv
    Emotional factor plays a big part on these games

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

hoopster42

all i know is i can't pick my head from my ass rite now in cfb and it sucks. was looking to talk shit in other threads because i'm a sore loser. i apologize to everyone who i might have flamed today