MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Can Gambling companies use Pictures of athletes on their ads?

On the 888 sports ad that runs on this site, it looks like Elliot Williams is in the pic.

On Bodog they used a pic of Sherron Collins in his Kansas Jersey, but the Jersey wasnt labeled, just used his face.

Are Gambling companies allowed to use pictures of athletes? I know if I was a pro athlete I wouldnt want to be associated with a gambling site. I dont think an athlete in the background is bad(i.e. Wallpaper), but when they are on ads that can be seen on numerous websites, I think it kind of a bad look for an athlete.

I actually even think I saw an ad of Scoop Jardine, but I forgot which site. Thats really bad considering he was accused of point shaving. Once again though it was just a picture of him with no labels on his jersey.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Not without the athlete's consent (and possibly the sport organization). If they do it without an agreement, they can get hit for trademark infringement.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

ditto what Jus posted.

i've never noticed a pro player in any ads. i always seem to notice just general people in some unknown jerseys

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Jason Richardson is on SBR's Free NBA Playoffs Contest, 500 dollar prize pool ad. Hes in a Warriors Jersey.

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Look at Covers.com they are the worst

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

If you notice the banners on the side, they can use the athletes but not the team names.