ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet On Line - Questionable Practice

The only book I've ever been with that does not show you a running balance.

They go back only 14 days for betting history -- I think most books go back a month, but OK. No big deal.

But they do not show a running balance. Only the bets made.

I can't recall being with any book (probably over 30 since turn of the century) that did not in Wager History show a running balance for the player. Makes it very hard to track the account, to make sure it jibes with your own records.

I'm not talking about much more than lunch money here. But if one can be nickel-dimed on small amounts, it would be so also for larger ones. Eventually, if not now.

Due to getting off to bad start in foots and having only two books to start the season -BOL being one - my BR there declined. (Have since added two more books)

Last week I made only one bet, a loser. I noted carefully what I had in the account BEFORE the bet, and what I had after.

They took out an added $10. No, I didnt forget a bet I made. And, for such small amounts I did not take a screenshot. (I will from now on, as long as my remaining br holds up at this book.)

Calling, and being passed around, one gal finally told me (what I could not get from their online acct on me) that prior to my Sat bet (again, the one and only I bet with them) I had $10 less than had showed on their screen directly before I made that losing bet,

As noted, I could not get a running balance. And even if I could with only two weeks of history available, even it there were runing balances it wouldn't likely have helped.

I was last nite given a complaint extension number to call, and told to call today. Called today, guy who replied said that extension hadn't been used in some time.

I wrote off the sawbuck. But asked him why, unlike other books his did not allow a bettor to see a running balance, just two weeks of bets.

He said something about the site undergoing maintenance.

I spent over a ten at Wendy's today. (Good salads!) But this leaves a bad taste. $10 now, $100 tomorrow?

Added to what I read here that they mass-calling for new accounts - SBR needs to send a rep to Panama to check anew. (Climb in thru the rear window, at night)

ritehook

No, I'm not filing a request with SBR for ten bucks!!

Even if was a dime I still would have no grounds if I didn't take a screenshot. IE no proof.

Just a question. My main concern is the lack of a running balance, and only 14 days.

Additionally, I knew two years ago, despite SBRs giving them an A at that time, tht BoL had definite BoS connections.

(I know that becuase BoS had as my living address an empty condo I had not yet rented - they were not only the only book to have it, it was not online or with mail list brokers as my address. But when BoL opened I got a mail solicitation for them at that address. They had to get that address from the BoS client list.

Combined with reports coming out of CR at the time that Darwin (one of the last BoS execs remaining in CR at the time) had shipped all the computers to Panama - one need not be Ganch to add those numbers up correctly!)

Why did i thus enroll in BoL, knowing what I did? For a very small amount, the minimum. As I said here at the time, wanted to see wht would happen. Curiosity - the kind that kills cats, LOL. And that particular BR went neithrer here nor there for two years. I did lose there, but miniscule amounts.

And, I like their large football book! Everything right there, college and pro, without Philsteele type runing off at mouth. Worth ten bucks!

I'm not suprised about this biz, and the lack of running balances. If it only cost me a saw to confirm my suspicions, I'm way ahead.
    Last edited by ritehook; 09-22-08 at 06:53 PM.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3561

Send an email to CS, requesting your entire history. I've done this with books that don't have decent accounting when there's a discrepancy.

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Send an email to CS, requesting your entire history. I've done this with books that don't have decent accounting when there's a discrepancy.
    Justin, thanks.

But as noted for ten bucks I'm not gonna do it. Not worth the time, either.

Someone, I think it was you as a matter of fact, posted here a year or so ago that the BoL low juice practice, and I think you mentioned something about parlay odds, was not sustainable long run.

I defintely will not, tho, never again, join a book that does not let me access my betting account going back at least 30 days, and above all show me a running balance, bet to bet and week to week,.

Object lesson. Something else to remember to ask a book before shipping them your bucks.

The list is going to get as long as the fuggin phone book.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a bunch of crooks.

Hammer
    Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!

For a decently rated book why do I hear so many bad things about them??
    It's almost like they have naked pictures of somebody.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ritehook View Post
    The only book I've ever been with that does not show you a running balance.

They go back only 14 days for betting history -- I think most books go back a month, but OK. No big deal.

But they do not show a running balance. Only the bets made.
    This book is completely schizophrenic (Powered by SBR)

I´would be glad to get my money out there.

Tosser
    Tosser's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree, most over rated book on SBR. Better do not feel too safe there, as JJ would say: not a pioneer book.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

No question that SBR has some interest in BOL. It was couple months back when Bill was gonna look into BOL's practice of accepting Neteller deposits and then trying to not pay the customer back in the same fashion.

THEY ARE STILL MAINTAINING THIS PRACTICE TODAY!!!

If they weren't dealing 105 lines--they would be a ghost town.

As is, a C+ rated book. They have a long way to go to be an A rated book.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11

betoffline.com

CW A+ book
    must haved
    debit card
    the thing is these SOBs promised us a new stiff via email list in sept. and havne't delivered. sick of seeing same faces. move assholes

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/9/2005

moonbeam

I don´t know whether this book works for the the US punters.

For me as an european bettor this book is very near to a scam book.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ritehook View Post
    No, I'm not filing a request with SBR for ten bucks!!
    Well thats why they keep taking small amounts because nobody does sht about it.

moonbeam

They took 75$ for each 2500$ payout.

But thats really no problem.

Because they don´t payout via neteller

generally they don´t like any kind of payouts

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog doesn't show a running balance either.... and only goes back 14 days.

ritehook

As is, a C+ rated book. They have a long way to go to be an A rated book.

Agree with katskale.

B- tops.

Too bad. I don't hold what I know was at least originally the BetOnSports connection against them. (It may have been a deal they made with one or two BoS execs, for the mail list and the pcs)

But with that aroma still drifting about them, I would think they'd want to keep their operation as clinically sterile as possible, to avoid the old infections showing up. BoS is gone, we don't want the tumor that was there metasticizing

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by daggerkobe View Post
    Bodog doesn't show a running balance either.... and only goes back 14 days.
    Good to know. I wouldn't open with bodog for other reasons, also gone into on thse boards.

But in th future I will defintily inquire as to any new book I may consider if they do have a 30 day min playback, AND a running balance.

Wonder if anyone ever posted a list of key questions one should ask a book before opening an account?