HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Nobody "Pimps" Fly-outs like Han-Ram.

He keeps his bat pointed straight into the sky, until the OF catches it on the warning track.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Torn ACL?

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Torn ACL?
    Leg contusion. He certainly made it look worse than that though.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

yeah he's fine thank goodness, we cant afford losing him even if he's been playing shitty...and does that shock you the way he acted like he was shot and leg was shattered?? typical dominican players.....total pussies

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    No what I'm saying is that there are 9 guys on the field....1 extra play made per 4 games for every player on the field = 2.25 extra plays made for the team per game

a lot of variables depending on the make up of a team....a team with great pitching can probably mask some of those plays that aren't made....i dont think you can make a lineup of hitters that are good enough (whether due to salary restrictions or pool of available player limitations) to make up the difference on offense on a consistent basis and of course some great offensive players are excellent defensive players too so it's not quite black and white

Great post

Tk Fo Sho
    Tk Fo Sho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hanley looked pretty bad in the game I was watching a couple days ago...

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    http://www.fangraphs.com/library/index.php/defense/uzr/

Can't wait for Field F/X, which will complete the holy grail of sabermetrics (defensive stats).

Brett Gardner just made a sick catch in the redsox game. He read the ball perfectly and sprinted the whole way. With his speed and read on the ball I find it hard to believe that even 10% of major league left fielders could have made that play. I didn't realize his fielding was that good but that catch was proof right there.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Ill tell you guys a Hanley story. 2 Spring trainings ago he was ,my favorite player. So when he was in town (Jupiter) for spring training, I ended up hanging out with him in Abacoa right next to Roger Dean Stadium. An friend of mine a cop in Jupiter was very good friends with Hanley. When I met him, the first thing I noticed was his English was beyond poor. Then as I began to talk to him I could tell #1 he didnt have any desire to talk about Baseball. I kinda understood that, but then when it did come up he had no about past or current players. I mentioned Eric Davis and he had no idea who I was talking about LOL. He also was cocky and ignorant. My friend was so on his nuts, it was crazy. I mean the girls that flocked to him were sick, but he was stupid with some of his requests to the girls and comments.

He told my friend he was going for his third threesome in 3 nights???? Really is it like that? Guy seemed to careless about the game (which hurt being a fan like I am) and the people around him. Did I mention he tipped 10 on a 150 tab, where we got a hook up to start with.

Just a joke.
    How do chicks even know who he is? They watch Marlins games

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

he never was in my professional opinon - and thats all that counts.

First 12