fightingwarrior
    fightingwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

does any one invest in stocks

im thinking im going to lay off sports and just make some small investments with stocks since i wont end up broke.......i know sports is a good rush but the end result is always the same for me........i have some stock now nothing major but my portfolio is up like 30 percent so i was figuring put more in it......

ive made alot of dumb moves and i need to learn from my mistakes....i know the forum could care less as i speak but it makes me feel better........

i am going to be saving and just investing until the nba playoffs.....i got the lakers for 500.00 to win it all......if i win that bet ill be in a good spot......if it losses ohh well back to the drawing board.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

yeah. are you looking to buy and hold power companies?

fightingwarrior

im prolly just going to invest in silver and ibm to get more in my portfolio and wait to see how the lakers turn out

PAYTON20

invest in gold then. make an account at https://www.zecco.com/ (lowest trading costs)

if you want to make save investments and buy and hold:

look at CAT (Caterpillar)

MCD (McDonalds)

XOM (Exxon Mobile)

COP (ConocoPhillips)

VZ (Verizon)

JNJ (Johnson & Johnson)

PFE (Pfizer)

WFC (Wells Fargo)

Good luck

fightingwarrior

i got sharebuilder i also got mcd i need to add to that stock as well

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

the best shares u could buy are the la lakers to win the championship. actually, to be certain put it on the western conference. put 10k on it.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    the best shares u could buy are the la lakers to win the championship. actually, to be certain put it on the western conference. put 10k on it.
    you had to do this before the season started like i did. even money

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Stocks are a great way to go. Much safer then gambling. Not the same rush though. Look at PBR, FLR, UA, BKE - all pretty solid.

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

idk, all of stock markets looking overprized for me

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Go buy something safe — maybe an ETF that contains solid, dividend-paying companies.

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Physical gold and silver ...if I had more money I would invest in gold and/or silver shares on the market...ie, mining companies. With food prices gaining ground, I'd also invest in other commody markets such as corn, ect.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I dabble in futures and currencies

Need to be be careful

Stock trading is much safer than sports betting but you need more money

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

no one in a sports betting forum holds major stock investments. get your advice elsewhere.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68447

No.
    Not a stock guy.
    I invest in what I know but good luck to you.

Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best way to make money on the market with small investment is options, I've made my best money playing options, if you want some advice talk to me.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

You should look into poker if you are losing at Sports. If you play small stakes it's much easier to beat than sports. In sports you are playing against the best players even if your bets are small, the market is the same for small bettors and high rollers. Poker you are playing against other players at your stakes. Read a few books and you'll be +EV in most small stakes games. Take your winnings at the end of the year, set a small amount aside for sports betting as entertainment and put the rest in Roth IRA so it's tax free when you withdraw. Get a good mix of growth and value/dividend stocks. Check out dividend reinvestment plans, the compound interest really adds up and being in a Roth IRA no taxes. Then just enjoy life and retire with

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    make an account at https://www.zecco.com/ (lowest trading costs)
    Actually OptionsHouse.com is almost a buck cheaper ($3.99 v $4.95) than Zecco for straight equity trades. Traded at both and I like OH's platform better as well.

In case anyone is actually persuaded by my not so subtle shilling, here's my refer a friend link:
    http://oh.tellapal.com/a/clk/nSgqj

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

You will never be able to make money in stocks as fast as you can with sports betting if you pick well.

johnhunt3055
    johnhunt3055's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you haven't bought any shares and want to learn this business then one thing for sure you have to do is learn some tips and techniques regarding stock marketing investment. There are many books available in online. You have to know the little secrets of stock marketing investment only then you will be able to earn some profit from it. Otherwise penny stock is good for starting.

investing in stocks

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

The amount of work involved in knowing about stocks and investing is WAY more than sports; not even close.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

you will end up losing your money...it's a ponzi scheme. plus with the inflation you won't make any profits over a long period of time.

only way to make money is inside information, wich you don't have, unlike the politicians and their staff http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...188603198.html

Remember, you can't make any smart investment because everything is rigged and nothing makes sense...you have no idea what Wall Street, the banks, corporations are ploting, or when the next war will start, what company will bust, etc.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Try FMNJ

FMNJ is going for .0001 of a penny which means you get a million shares for $100 plus commission which runs as little as $5 online these days.Alot of online brokers let you buy cheap penny stock like this with those low commission rates.Trade King and Optionsxpress actually gave me $100 each when I got a referer's name to sign up through on Google.FMNJ is Franklin Minin and they have been around forever.They do have gold claims in Colorado but their main focus is on gold and other minerals in Bolivia.Some good news just broke about a week ago with them making a press release about it.Their website is www.franklinmining.com