rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    John Hollinger (espn stats analyzer) consistently tells you that the "struggle in regular season but turn it on in the playoffs" is a very poor formula for winning championships

look at the last 3 champions in the NBA, all of them won 56+ games
    Hollinger is a joke, FYI

There's a HUGE difference between struggling in the regular season, and intentionally saving yourself for the playoffs...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

shaq is fat, i like him though

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Hollinger is a joke, FYI

There's a HUGE difference between struggling in the regular season, and intentionally saving yourself for the playoffs...

brah nobody is saying that Boston is a bad team or doesn't have what it takes to win it all

but...they are gonna be in an absolute war with Miami then Chicago

I think what irritates NBA fans is the arrogance of Boston fans who seem to think their team is gonna coast through Miami and Chicago to win the East. It's just simply not true

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Celtics are an enigma though, I'll give them that. Nobody knows how much theyre holding back in reserve for the playoffs.

You even got people questioning the recent Shaq injury, saying that he's faking and Doc Rivers is covering for him, because they want him to basically play possum now and be dominant in the playoffs.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Come on man, have you even watched a lot of Bulls games this season? Nobody can guard Rose one on one, he'll blow past entire teams and get to the rim and finish. He's unguardable, especially when his 3pt shot is falling.

here is what Kevin Garnett had to say about Rose:

"Oh my God. Derrick Rose has taken probably 100 notches of a takeoff from where he started," Garnett said. "Nothing has shocked me about anything he's obtained. And the fact that he's taken his team, put it on his back, his progression, the sense that he's still humble to it all, the fact that he's taken his team to the next level. He's one of my favorite guys to sit back and watch. A beast to play against. but [he's] one of my favorite guys [in] how he approaches the game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...nts-to-be-no-1
    Unguardable? Cmon now. He's been shut down plenty of times. He is without a doubt one of the most exciting players to watch, and I do enjoy watching him too. That doesn't mean he is unguardable. Rondo blows by entire teams for layups on a regular basis, and he does that when teams know he won't shoot long range jumpers... does that mean he's unguardable?

Rose is good, no doubt, but he's in for a tough series if they play the Cs. If anyone can battle Rose, its Rondo.

Rose's offense>Rondo's
    Rose's defense
    They're pretty damn even. They've been practically even in the 3 games so far this year, Rose exploding once, Rondo exploding once
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 04-06-11 at 11:46 PM.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    boston wins straight up and when all is said and done they get the #1 seed.

Bulls are a very good team but celtics are gonna turn it up a notch here and will be too much to handle for chicago.

bulls play cleve and nj

they pretty much have to the 1 seed locked up

bulls would have to lose tommorrow , @ ny and @ orlando.. And boston would still have to go 5-0 ( boston have games against the suddenly hot knicks and @ miami )

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Bulls -4 looks really good. I'm actually looking for a convincing blowout here. 94-81 Bulls.

goldengreek

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    spread is going up to 4.5 what a joke, bulls are the biggest pretender ive ever seen

2nd round MAX

PRETENDER ??? WHAT IS THIER RECORD AGAINST THE ELITE TEAMS ??

THEY ARE TOO YOUNG TO WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR.. I THING THEY LOSE IN THE CONFRENCE FINALS ( I HOPE IM WRONG ).. BUT WILL BE A TITLE CONTENDER FOR YRS TO COME

PRETENDER ???

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

small play on the bulls.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Rondo is a bitch, don't forget that the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games in the playoffs a few years ago, and the Bulls weren't nearly as good back then like they are now.

chantrain

I just remember that last game we played when Rose was absolutely blowing by Rondo. Rose had 36 points and was absolutely flying past Rondo.

I'm serious, I havent seen one person be able to guard Rose all season. They can try to contain him but they can't shut him down. It takes triple and quadruple teams to guard Rose....

rsnnh12

brah nobody is saying that Boston is a bad team or doesn't have what it takes to win it all

but...they are gonna be in an absolute war with Miami then Chicago

I think what irritates NBA fans is the arrogance of Boston fans who seem to think their team is gonna coast through Miami and Chicago to win the East. It's just simply not true
    And the "DRose is untouchable" stuff doesn't annoy anyone??

Obviously I was slightly exagerrating when saying the Cs only need to try to win. I think the Bulls and Cs would go to at least 6, probably 7. I just don't think the Bulls are "there" yet. Get them a young stud SG and they'll run the East for years.

And cmon, the Heat? They'll struggle in the 1st round... not having any inside presence will kill them, as will their sudden inability to play D (no coincidence that it happened when Bibby was brought in). Wade and LBJ are always dangerous, but unless they combine for 70+ a game, that team is doomed

goldengreek

KG didn't play any of that series, Scalibrine played the 2nd most minutes off the bench, and the Cs still won...

I just don't see any clear advantage for the Bulls, other than starting center. The depth for the Cs at center makes up for it though.

Rondo=Rose
    Allen>>>Bogans
    Pierce>Deng
    KG>>Boozer
    Celtics starting C<<Noah
    Shaq/JO/Krstic=Noah/Asik (foul trouble hurts Bulls more than Cs)

INSANE !!!!

COMPARING THE MVP AND ONE OF THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE TO A GUY WHO SHOOTS 50 % FROM THE FREE THROW LINE AND 10 PPG

AND THE REASON HE GETS ALL THE ASSISTS IS ALL THE HALL OF FAMERS OM THE TEAM

NASH AND CP3 WOULD HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF ASSISTS IF NOT MORE IF THEY WERE THE POINT GUARD ON THAT TEAM

chantrain

agree with you there rsnnh. I don't think people are saying Rose is untouchable exactly, but seriously, I've seen every Bulls game this year and don't remember one time a single defender was able to stop Rose.

the only time Rose has trouble is when he plays very athletic teams, like the warriors. He tries to split the double team and the guys just whack at the ball and force turnovers. But the C's aren't a very athletic team.

if a single defender hasn't been able to stop Rose all season, its not farfetched to say Rondo won't be able to do it either. He can slow him down, sure, but thats best case scenario. Rose will still get his.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumBerg View Post
    Rondo is a bitch, don't forget that the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games in the playoffs a few years ago, and the Bulls weren't nearly as good back then like they are now.
    KG didn't play in that series, and Scalibrine (yes, THAT Scalibrine) was the 2nd man off the bench and logged the 2nd most minutes off the bench in the playoffs... don't base your hopes on what happened then

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Rose >> Rondo
    Allen >> Bogans
    Deng > Pierce
    KG = Boozer
    Noaj/Asik/Gibson >>> C's centers
    Bulls bench >>> Celtcis bench

Bulls should demolish Celtics tomorrow.

chantrain

KG didn't play in that series, and Scalibrine (yes, THAT Scalibrine) was the 2nd man off the bench and logged the 2nd most minutes off the bench in the playoffs... don't base your hopes on what happened then
    Bulls were also a very different team back then. I think we have like 3 players this year that were on that team, everyone else is new. Don't forget that that team was coached by vinnie del negro btw, who many people think is the worst coach in the NBA. or one of them.

Now we're coached by Thibs, who many people think is a lock for coach of the year.

goldengreek

and the "drose is untouchable" stuff doesn't annoy anyone??

Obviously i was slightly exagerrating when saying the cs only need to try to win. I think the bulls and cs would go to at least 6, probably 7. I just don't think the bulls are "there" yet. get them a young stud sg and they'll run the east for years.

and cmon, the heat? They'll struggle in the 1st round... Not having any inside presence will kill them, as will their sudden inability to play d (no coincidence that it happened when bibby was brought in). Wade and lbj are always dangerous, but unless they combine for 70+ a game, that team is doomed

deng is pretty much their "hidden' sg... They can bring brewer off the bench or taj and deng plays the 2

you also are forgetting big sexy kurt thomas when u were comparing centers... And that kid ashik woud be leading the league in rebound and blocks pro-rated over 48 mins a game

no one talks about their bench... Taj , brewer , watson , korver have been beasts this yr !!!!

brahmabull117

Obviously I was slightly exagerrating when saying the Cs only need to try to win. I think the Bulls and Cs would go to at least 6, probably 7. I just don't think the Bulls are "there" yet. Get them a young stud SG and they'll run the East for years.

And cmon, the Heat? They'll struggle in the 1st round... not having any inside presence will kill them, as will their sudden inability to play D (no coincidence that it happened when Bibby was brought in). Wade and LBJ are always dangerous, but unless they combine for 70+ a game, that team is doomed

if the series goes 7, you're really confident that Boston will win in Chicago??

bulls games sometimes are so loud that it feels like a college basketball game (hence their astonishing home record). With that being said, I think the only guarantee this year is Chicago makes it to conference finals (no way does Atlanta or Orlando have enough to make it)

the 2nd round with Boston/Miami will be a crapshoot and then again the same in Conf Finals

don't sleep on the Heat BTW. They have won 4 or 5 straight against winning teams.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post

INSANE !!!!

COMPARING THE MVP AND ONE OF THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE TO A GUY WHO SHOOTS 50 % FROM THE FREE THROW LINE AND 10 PPG

AND THE REASON HE GETS ALL THE ASSISTS IS ALL THE HALL OF FAMERS OM THE TEAM

NASH AND CP3 WOULD HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF ASSISTS IF NOT MORE IF THEY WERE THE POINT GUARD ON THAT TEAM
    You're right, those 33, 34, and 35 year old Hall of Famers (don't forget 38 yr old Shaq ) are CLEARLY the only reason Rondo gets assists. They arre obviously in their prime maybe the Cs should bring Larry, Magic, and MJ out of retirement... imagine how many assists Rondo would have with 3 MORE Hall of Famers??? 20? 30?

Rondo runs that team. That's it, end of story. Its no coincidence that when Rondo was going through his slump, the whole team fell apart and couldn't win a game. I'm sure his 1 missed free throw per game is really hurting them, especially with 1 of the greatest FT shooters ever on the team

Frattimore
    Frattimore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Da Bullssssssssssss all day, son.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    deng is pretty much their "hidden' sg... They can bring brewer off the bench or taj and deng plays the 2

you also are forgetting big sexy kurt thomas when u were comparing centers... And that kid ashik woud be leading the league in rebound and blocks pro-rated over 48 mins a game

no one talks about their bench... Taj , brewer , watson , korver have been beasts this yr !!!!
    They definitely have a good bench. Asik is a stud. Thibs is easily coach of the year, and I'm still disappointed he left Boston. I think the Bulls are 1 year away from the Finals. The Cs are just too good, too deep, and too experienced IMO.

That being said, I really do hope the Bulls take over as the best in the East once the Big 3 part, until the Cs rise again the only person I don't like is Noah, everyone else is cool in my book

brahmabull117

They definitely have a good bench. Asik is a stud. Thibs is easily coach of the year, and I'm still disappointed he left Boston. I think the Bulls are 1 year away from the Finals. The Cs are just too good, too deep, and too experienced IMO.

That being said, I really do hope the Bulls take over as the best in the East once the Big 3 part, until the Cs rise again the only person I don't like is Noah, everyone else is cool in my book

I don't have a problem with Boston either

Doc Rivers is a hell of a guy and everybody on that team is cool except for KG (who tries too hard to play with "an edge")

Boston has about a 2-3 year window here where they got a chance to win it all

rsnnh12

I don't have a problem with Boston either

Doc Rivers is a hell of a guy and everybody on that team is cool except for KG (who tries too hard to play with "an edge")

Boston has about a 2-3 year window here where they got a chance to win it all
    KG is a MASSIVE pansy. He drives me nuts. I think he plays the psychological game better than anyone short of Phil Jackson, but no one wants the team they root for to look like bitches haha.

Agreed on the short window I'm hoping for a miracle, like Dwight coming to Beantown (Rondo, Green, Baby, Dwight? Yes please!) but I'm not optimistic. Oh well, I'll enjoy the Big 4 while they last

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Bulls were also a very different team back then. I think we have like 3 players this year that were on that team, everyone else is new. Don't forget that that team was coached by vinnie del negro btw, who many people think is the worst coach in the NBA. or one of them.

Now we're coached by Thibs, who many people think is a lock for coach of the year.
    Thank you!

THE BULLS ARE A VERY DIFFERENT TEAM BACK THEN. If you don't see that, you shouldn't be capping.

Was this when they were coached by Del Negro, as in Clipper's Del Negro?

don't know much about Bulls back then, all I know is Bull's D beginning of year, near atrocious, only saved by O's ability to keep scoring (much like Warriors now).

Bull's D now = AWESOME. Unbeatable, although I hate to use that word. There's videos on youtube that break down Bull's D, you should watch them, it'll give you insight at how tough their D is and how hard they work at it.

Avenger

Rondo is slightly better than a Tony Parker. Actually, I think Parker slight bit better because of his ability to execute plays.

Without Bigs, Rondo is not much of anything. What's his shooting stats? What's his 3 pt stats?

He has the ability to penetrate the paint when the bigs pave the way, just like Parker, but Rose has that superhuman agility and more upper body strength. I'm going to bet that Rose's shooting stats are much better than Rondos.

don't mean to butt in to the debate, but I'll give my vote that Rose is unguardable. If you shut him down in the paint, he resorts to 3 pters. Shut him down in the perimeter, he can take anyone on one-on-one and get into the paint. He's a good/great PG and can play that role well too.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

LOL @ Rondo=Rose...Rondo is awesome no doubt...but Rose is the best player in the league right now, hands down.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Thank you!

THE BULLS ARE A VERY DIFFERENT TEAM BACK THEN. If you don't see that, you shouldn't be capping.

Was this when they were coached by Del Negro, as in Clipper's Del Negro?

don't know much about Bulls back then, all I know is Bull's D beginning of year, near atrocious, only saved by O's ability to keep scoring (much like Warriors now).

Bull's D now = AWESOME. Unbeatable, although I hate to use that word. There's videos on youtube that break down Bull's D, you should watch them, it'll give you insight at how tough their D is and how hard they work at it.
    Not sure if that was addressed to me or not, but I was just responding to a Bulls fan who brought up the series from a few years ago.

As a Celts fan, I saw Thibs handiwork up close and personal, at both practices and games (went to a college a few minutes away from their practice facility). He is a friggin genius when it comes to defense. He was the reason behind the Cs dominant D. The rotations are smooth and effortless, and he actually gets players to buy into the team defense concept rather than always going for the hit-or-miss steals that players love so much. I miss Thibs

Hopefully he comes back when Doc leaves

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    LOL @ Rondo=Rose...Rondo is awesome no doubt...but Rose is the best player in the league right now, hands down.

I'm a huge bulls fan but Rose has become massively overrated in NBA fan forums

He's a fantastic player and a top 5 talent, but the best in league?? that's crazy talk

his midrange and long range shot is still very streaky. He needs to make both more consistent to be the best player in the league

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Statement game for C's they win going away

Avenger

Forgot to add, Rose has the ability to draw fouls and has high percentage of FT shots.

And I agree, Thibs was great addition, exactly what the Bulls need.

rsnnh12

I'm a huge bulls fan but Rose has become massively overrated in NBA fan forums

He's a fantastic player and a top 5 talent, but the best in league?? that's crazy talk

his midrange and long range shot is still very streaky. He needs to make both more consistent to be the best player in the league
    This. I have no doubt he'll remain a top player for a long time, but he's not the best. I would take Dwight, LBJ, Wade, and Durant over him right now, without question. That being said, Rose is in a better overall position than those guys because of his great supporting cast and coach, and I think he gets a ring before any of them (obviously Wade has 1... I mean before he gets the next one haha)

rsnnh12

Rondo is slightly better than a Tony Parker. Actually, I think Parker slight bit better because of his ability to execute plays.

Without Bigs, Rondo is not much of anything. What's his shooting stats? What's his 3 pt stats?

He has the ability to penetrate the paint when the bigs pave the way, just like Parker, but Rose has that superhuman agility and more upper body strength. I'm going to bet that Rose's shooting stats are much better than Rondos.

don't mean to butt in to the debate, but I'll give my vote that Rose is unguardable. If you shut him down in the paint, he resorts to 3 pters. Shut him down in the perimeter, he can take anyone on one-on-one and get into the paint. He's a good/great PG and can play that role well too.
    Rondo is a "true" PG, where Rose is a PG/SG hybrid. Rondo is better at running an offense through other people but being the field general, Rose is better at using his offensive abilities to make the D adjust for him, which opens up teammates. Rondo's long range shot sucks, but his mid-range has gotten significantly better. Rose is a better shooter and better with contact, Rondo has the edge in defense.

Personally, I think a team with Rondo at PG and Rose at SG would be entertaining as hell to watch.

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't forget about Brian Scalabrine.

goldengreek

RONDO = ROSE

IS LIKE SAYING

KURT THOMAS = DWIGHT HOWARD

First 123 Last