CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

randomness in different sports

lets have a sensible chat about something instead of observations on the effect of wind on games. I've always thought in baseball the catcher playing a tex-mex team has terrible problems with the prevailing winds.
    You have to wonder at someones success at betting modeling when its come down to weather forecasts still, my dad always said, its nonsense from guessers that open up the real value to the more shrewder bettor

Sooooooooooooo, lets take baseballs outlook. It seems to me that anything can happen in any innings due to sheer luck of whos on base at the time of a lucky hit ( by that I mean that where its hit hasnt a fielder in sight) compared to NFL where a Team has maybe 11-12 series to score. Like soccer the events in a game will change the attitude and game plan where a baseball hitter no matter what the score aaaa trys to hit

How would one quantify the randomness in these different sports, certainly soccer totals come under the same banner as baseball when looking at randomness. But maybe you think different is your reasoning making you cash or pure chance? how can you depend on long term statistics when your not betting every game, surely your rolling the dice betting a percentage of what the stats say.

funny game betting. are we all delusional in the physics of it all ? what about quantum physics have they any room in our life long quest.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's about assessing the true value of players(and thus teams) at a specific point in time and comparing that to their perceived value.

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    It's about assessing the true value of players(and thus teams) at a specific point in time and comparing that to their perceived value.
    yes we all know the theory. but the reality is quiet different, hence my topic.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lines DO move. So....you CAN win. Feel better?