jigger
    jigger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blue sq void

Blue sq graded B have voided a winning bet for 400gbp winnings, they sent out a email to me after I opened a a/c with them asking for id documents or else the bet would be voided if I didn't correspond by 6pm , I only open the email after the game played, can they do this I have read the terms and it says they can susspend accounts but no where does it say they can void bets, I have since sent the id and the a/c is reactivated but they will not honour the bet which won, I had also layed the asian lines against it!! oops 500 down I have contacted ibas about this as well , can any one advise if I have a case?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1157

I can understand your frustration sir. I also can understand not seeing the email in time as well. If you need some assistance with this matter, please feel free to fill out a complaint form and one of us will inquire on your behalf to gather all the details.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

How does a book even do this? If they want documentation before bets, ask for documentation before allowing bets. WTFH?

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

bbd something must be done

good lord ive never heard of this book

APK
    APK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    bbd something must be done

I believe 888sport, who are basically just a skin of bluesquare, have just recently entered SBR's ranking on quite a positive note.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1157

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post

BlueSquare has been around for many of years sir. The reason you might not have heard about it is because they don't accept U.S. customers. However, they are a pretty good book overall IMHOO.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3561

They might have inherited a good rating, but my only dealing with them was negative.

I received this complaint, and will start tackling it soon.

jigger

Thanks for the offer of assistance, I have filed the online complaints form for you to oversee.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

This sounds like they steal your money.

unacceptable. If your bet was accepted it also should be graded as winnings.

In other case this book should be downgraded to F.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/30/2005

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

if it was a bad line I can accept they cancel it if the line was good(and the bet accepted) you MUST have your money. Its yours.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/30/2005

jigger

I have asked for managment to look into my query with them and they promised me last Thursday they would give me a reply by today (Monday) but still I have no reply with regards to my complaint, I can only get emails from customer service saying they will investigate my complaint.
    I think they have no intention of paying my winnings.
    I hope sbr can get something done for me.

natrass
    natrass's Avatar Become A Pro!

A bet placed and accepted is a bet which stands (clear error excepted).

Therefore, the bet should stand.

Unless you were afforded the option to revisit your bet and void it if you wanted some details from them.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/14/2005

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blue Sq is a very schizophrenic book.

I have used them for 2 month.

I never ever want to use them again.
    Last edited by moonbeam; 09-24-08 at 05:43 PM.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4339

GL buddy!

jigger

Blue square offer

This is theyr'e final decision on the matter pasted below sbr is helping me but I am not sure what to do I could try IBAS the English regulator beacuse I am sure they have broken the rules on this one?

Dear Mr. Holmes,

I write with reference to your emailed complaint of 19 September 2008 and your subsequent email of today, regarding our security teamís decision to void your bet of 15 September 2008.

Having now conducted a thorough audit of your enquiry I do feel that we have acted honestly, appropriately and most significantly in accordance with the procedures outlined in our communications (emails) to yourself and in view of this are unable to reinstate your bet.

To clarify, we did detail that you were required to submit your documents by 18:00 on the 15 September or we would reluctantly void your bet. As these documents were received on the 16 September we had already voided your bet and confirmed this in our email communication of the same day.

I can therefore only conclude and reiterate that we do not feel it necessary to reinstate your bet. However, having taken on board the comments relayed in your email of today I would like to offer you a gesture of goodwill ( in the form of a free bet) of £100:00 and whilst this is no admission of any wrongdoing or liability I do hope that you choose to accept in the spirit in which it is intended.

Should you decide to accept then please confirm by return and I will arrange to credit your account.

Kind Regards,

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Had the bet lost would you be trying to get it reinstated? If they voided before the event, I don't see IBAS would give you any recourse. To do otherwise would give you a free roll on them..

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/8/2005

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

It was the book's completely retarded policy that invited the freeroll, not anything the player did. It's their responsibility to pay out on it.

jigger

terms of the book

These are the terms that they say allow them to void it I'm not a expert I'm just trying to get paid out on what I thought was a fair bet of course I wouldn't be trying to get it reinstated if it had of lost!

10. RIGHT OF REFUSAL
    We in our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to register you and/or to suspend and/or terminate your registration and/or account at any time and or to refuse to accept any bet or transaction in respect of or in connection with your use of the Betting Services. We shall not be obliged to provide you with any reasons for so doing and shall not be liable to you in any way for any loss or damages that may result from any such action. Furthermore, we reserve the right to refund to you or withhold any payment of monies from or into your account if there is manipulation of our financial system or suspicion or evidence thereof or a breach or suspected breach of any applicable law, regulation or any of these terms, in each case without providing any reason.

Use of any account otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or any other abuse of any account is strictly prohibited.

We reserve the right to withhold free bets and withdraw promotional offers at any time.

We reserve the right to withdraw your use of any of the Betting Services at any time, subject to fulfilment of any outstanding commitments under the Rules.

14. PROOF OF AGE
    We reserve the right to ask for proof of age and evidence to verify your identity at any time and will be carrying out regular checks of our members. We reserve the right to conduct checks against any of the details provided to us and pursue this information through any channels and methods available to us. Failure to provide substantiated proof of age or other requested information will result in the suspension of your account for up to 3 months, following which any funds will be forfeited by you. Any monies due or requested during this time will be withheld unless the requested information is provided.

If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ocassionally use BlueSquare and they are indeed a very good book. However, I'm fully with you on this case jigger, it sounds to me like they're just messing you about. Keep pestering them and don't give in, I'm sure something will be done.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is the officially Olympics ranking of books who like to void bets without any reason:

Gold medal: sportingbet
    Silver medal: 10bet
    Bronce medal: Intertops

place4: bet365
    place5: blue sq
    place6: bwin

...to be continued...
    Last edited by moonbeam; 09-25-08 at 05:01 PM.

jigger

Agreement agreed

I have today agreed with Blue sq to accept a 200gbp payment , this is half on what the bet should have paid but I am half way to been happy on the outcome.

If I had of gone down the road of IBAS I am not sure I would have got anything!

APK
    APK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jigger View Post

I have today agreed with Blue sq to accept a 200gbp payment , this is half on what the bet should have paid but I am half way to been happy on the outcome.
    So Bluesquare admits that they were half wrong?
    Very strange...

natrass
    natrass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jigger View Post

If I had of gone down the road of IBAS I am not sure I would have got anything!

Think you may have just blown £200.

The bet was made .. security checks may lead to the bet result being voided but not at some random point between their acceptance and the event occuring.

You are not obliged to bet and then monitor your emails.

You had every reason to feel the bet had been accepted because .. well, it had been.

ID checks go around this and are between the paying in/paying out processing only.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/14/2005