iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Royalty Play (Tuesday, April 5th)

One of the beauties of baseball is that it is an ever changing puzzle of pieces with countless combination's on a daily basis. This is what gives us the hope that the books can't possibly be right about every game, on every day of the long summer. On Tuesday, I believe they have completely whiffed on a line and made the wrong team the favorite.

The World Series Champion Giants will play the Adrian Gonzalez-less Padres on Tuesday at 6:35 PM Eastern. One of the Giants best young pitchers, Madison Bumgarner, will start opposite Aaron Harang who had a 5.32 era last season. The Giants opened as -118 favorites and the line is moving in their favor as it has already been bumped up to -127 as I write this. Seems like that makes sense, right? They are the champs with the better pitcher going, right? The Padres will struggle to score runs without their superstar slugger from last year, right? I don't think so...

I haven't seen the lineups yet so I am speculating a bit here.. If I am wrong it won't be the first time but I think the Padres lineup will look something like this..

1.Bartlett
    2.Hudson
    3.Cantu
    4.Ludwick
    5.Headley
    6.Hundley
    7.Maybin
    8.Denorfia/Venable

Doesn't look like murderers row, but what I see is a lineup full of guys that should see the ball nicely coming from the left handed Bumgarners slinging motion. I can't really explain it in words but matchups are everything in baseball. It is essentially a series of individual matchups and the Padres should have 4-5 heavily in their favor against Madison.

The Giants bullpen became famous during the world series mainly because of Brian Wilson and his beard, well he isn't active right now and his little sidekick Romo had to learn two new pitches in the off season because everyone knows you need more than one pitch (swinging slider) to be good.(unless your Rivera) What I'm really trying to say is the Giants pen isn't very dominating right now... Meanwhile, the Padres have one of the best pens in Baseball lead by closer H.Bell.. Adams,Gregerson, and Qualls are all solid arms that are rested and ready to go Tuesday. Advantage:Padres

As you probably know, Aaron Harang has spent the last few seasons in Cincy which is a Hitters park, especially for HR hitters.. This didn't fit Harang's style which is something I never understood. Harang is a strikeout/flyball pitcher, why in the fukk would you ever want him in Cincy?? He would even change his natural style to try and get more groundballs.. On the flipside, San Diego's Petco Park, where flyballs egual outs, seems to have been built for guys like Aaron Harang. He should be able to be himself here, and just let it go.. I honestly think this guy can have a "bad" year and have an ERA under 4 pitching in this park. So what looks like a pitching edge for the Giants on paper, when I look at it closer, I think it's the Padres, not the Giants, who have a slight advantage pitching for Tuesdays game.

Bruce Bochy isn't going to throw Pat Burrell and Aubrey Huff in the outfield with all that ground to cover... is he? Is he that dumb? They wont hit any HR's tomorrow at Petco, and we all know they won't be running down any flyballs...

When Bumgarner gets lifted, the Padres will have Hawpe and Venable ready to fill in when Romo comes in..

It's only one baseball game and anything can happen, but lets just say I like the Padres Chances!!

Padres +122

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Harang is 0-2 with 10 ER's allowed in 15.2 innings in his last 3 appearances in San Diego.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Another solid fade from Eggnogsiwin.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Harang is 0-2 with 10 ER's allowed in 15.2 innings in his last 3 appearances in San Diego.
    i hate this stat but i really like the idea. vegas thinks harang will pitch fairly well as the over under is 7. i can easily see a 2-2 game in the 5th and the padres bullpen winning the game after that.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

The Padres have a chance in every game they play. Still disrespected after a decent season.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

goodluck..

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game reminds me of Buccos game yesterday, Morton was terrible last year like Harrang, line drops, Morton throws a fkn gem....will Harrang do the same?

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

following the padres.
    excellent writing, and a good team,
    by any standard. thanks.

1) BET ID=349206874
    Straight Wager 04/05/11 18:14 ET
    bet 100.00 to win 114.00 Result: Pending
    Giants(SanFrancisco) Bumgarner
    Padres(SanDiego) Harang 04/05/11(18:35 ET)
    Padres(SanDiego) +114

good luck, gentlemen.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

3-1 good guys! Pads are being extremely patient at the plate and it is definitely working in their favor Go padres! Bum is already out of the game in the 4th, HA!

xelance

atta boy fatty! WHIFF!

xelance

cash your royalty play! Go padres!

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Nice Hit FoIdy

KingKolzig

i knew this was a winner. i didnt know it started so early

DeeWizzle

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    i knew this was a winner. i didnt know it started so early
    He posted this at 3:24 am and had the game time in the op.

You posted in this thread at 8:20am.

I think that is more than enough time to get this wager in, If you wanted to...

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by DeeWizzle View Post
    He posted this at 3:24 am and had the game time in the op.

You posted in this thread at 8:20am.

I think that is more than enough time to get this wager in, If you wanted to...
    stfu i figured it started at 930 est, or 1030 est

DeeWizzle

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    stfu i figured it started at 930 est, or 1030 est
    CaIm Down Queen!!!

Next time don't figure what time a game starts! Check the Damn ScheduIe!!!