PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Tiger +1050 to win Masters

Anyone going to take a look at this?

I know it looks like he's done, but I have a feeling he could make a push here. 10 to 1 for the most talented player in the game? Might be worth a shot.

Also like Mickelson and don't think +610 is too bad either

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You're not getting that much more value than a few weeks ago when he looked fairly sharp. The Greek had Woods at +700ish

I'll be looking at Woods for some tournament matchups, for sure.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

not the most talented player anymore.

5 young guys more talented playing with way more confidence than woods.

he's done. dont waste your money

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

no chance..

notice they have the field vs. Mickelson..., but no field vs. Woods...

there is a reason, he isn't ready... true odds are probably 80-1

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

take your girl to dinner, you might get laid

instead of losing for sure on woods

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

i am going to take a shot on him

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

great value on woods here

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    great value on woods here
    i agree it seems like this guy is done. i even said a month or so ago he will never return to form.

BUT, if there was a time for him to focus in and regain past form, don't you think it would be this weekend?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No chance

Better bets out there

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Books would go bankrupt if the offered Field vs. Tiger..

This should tell you everything you need to know..

If anyone out there see's "field vs. woods" please let me know..

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    no chance.. notice they have the field vs. Mickelson..., but no field vs. Woods... there is a reason, he isn't ready... true odds are probably 80-1
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No chance Better bets out there
    lol lots of hate for Tiger out there

who do you guys like then? Kaymer, Watney, Mahan?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    i agree it seems like this guy is done. i even said a month or so ago he will never return to form.
    he will return to form. check all his past swing changes.. they all took time.

tiger is always pretty honest about his swing and he keeps saying its getting better and better. personally i didnt think hank was good for him but after he left butch he couldnt win then rolled off numerous victories...just a matter of time before hes back on top with foley.

masters isnt a us open or british open. he can have a few foul balls and still make par as long as he misses in the right spots (check his 1st tourney {the masters** back after the episode). long hitters favored, right to left ball strikers favored.

if this tourney was played 10 times straight, do i think woods would win atleast 1 on this course?.....give me woods at this price all day

Longshots:
    Quiros
    Marino
    Allenby (unfortunately can;t putt worth a shit, maybe he hits gold this week)
    Points Awarded:

PAYTON20 gave RudyRuetigger 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Books would go bankrupt if the offered Field vs. Tiger.. This should tell you everything you need to know.. If anyone out there see's "field vs. woods" please let me know..
    any exchange offers this

just lay woods

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

I'll book your action. He's done. He was done the second he cut a $100 Mill check to his ex-wife.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    he will return to form. check all his past swing changes.. they all took time. tiger is always pretty honest about his swing and he keeps saying its getting better and better. personally i didnt think hank was good for him but after he left butch he couldnt win then rolled off numerous victories...just a matter of time before hes back on top with foley. masters isnt a us open or british open. he can have a few foul balls and still make par as long as he misses in the right spots (check his 1st tourney {the masters** back after the episode). long hitters favored, right to left ball strikers favored. if this tourney was played 10 times straight, do i think woods would win atleast 1 on this course?.....give me woods at this price all day Longshots: Quiros Marino Allenby (unfortunately can;t putt worth a shit, maybe he hits gold this week)
    I'm glad at least one other person can see where I'm coming from. Just got a feeling

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Woods will be lucky to even contend, he is playing like a donkey, why would be suddenly turn back to awesome Tiger?

I would much rather be with a guy on form, Tiger Woods is just a name now.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Tiger has no chance in hell at winning this week. Might take him in some head-to-head matchups tho. Mickelson has been good. He's definitely a better bet to win the whole thing.

crfandl
    Update your status
    crfandl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phil looked pretty good last week

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by crfandl View Post
    Phil looked pretty good last week
    Which book currently has the best odds for Phil?

Jay Price
    Jay Price's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Tiger's not too far away from contending for a win again. His iron play has really picked up over the last few weeks; although he's still a bit hairy off the tee. It's his short game, however, that is holding him back, particularly his putter. He's dropped virtually nothing in the critical 10-15 ft. range on the greens this year. The fact he switched putters mid tournament two events back shows he is grasping for straws. Such a change is a short-term solution to a larger confidence issue. Perhaps a decent run at one of his favorite courses will help, but it may be too little too late to win this weekend.

Phil put on an absolute clinic over the last two days of the Shell. Unlike Tiger, his putter has been very good recently, but he was spraying balls all over the course and couldn't hit any greens. He obviously cured the yips on Saturday, and is definitely the biggest threat to sport another green jacket. There is some good value underneath the favorite. Phil has been enigmatic his entire career.

Weather will be perfect. Good luck.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

What always separated Woods from everyone else was his ability to make every putt that counted. They guy was just ridiculous when it came to putting. What matters on the tour is the short game and who putts the best.

Tiger just can't make anything anymore on the greens. If there's one tournament that's he's capable of winning at any given time it's this one imo.

I think the odds on Tiger still reflect how good he was in the past.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

There's plenty of value here. Tiger's game is getting close. He will be right there in contention like he always is at Augusta. I'm strongly considering taking Tiger at these odds.

Other guys I'm taking a look at include: Hunter Mahan (30/1), Justin Rose (35/1), and Paul Casey (37/1). Mahan is in excellent form, Rose has been playing well and has contended before, and Casey has finished in the top 11 three times before at the Masters.
    Points Awarded:

PAYTON20 gave t-wizzle 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    There's plenty of value here. Tiger's game is getting close. He will be right there in contention like he always is at Augusta. I'm strongly considering taking Tiger at these odds. Other guys I'm taking a look at include: Hunter Mahan (30/1), Justin Rose (35/1), and Paul Casey (37/1). Mahan is in excellent form, Rose has been playing well and has contended before, and Casey has finished in the top 11 three times before at the Masters.
    T-Wizzle I like Mahan as well. Thanks for offering up an actual opinion and your picks.

90% of responses have been "no chance" "no way" "don't waste your money", without offering any opinion who they think WILL win. With that many participants, it's easy to say 1 guy WON'T win, shit you basically gotta 99% chance of being right

t-wizzle

Yea Payton, i will probably take a shot with Tiger and Mahan. Most likely not the other two but i think they are decent options.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Been fading Woods every chance I've had since his "car crash"; I wouldn't take him at +2100, let alone +1050.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Tiger Woods is always worth the risk

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

+36888 Mike Weir Insane value. I am putting a tenth of unit on him. Hes a proven player getting no respect.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Tiger's not winning anymore majors.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    There's plenty of value here. Tiger's game is getting close. He will be right there in contention like he always is at Augusta. I'm strongly considering taking Tiger at these odds.

Other guys I'm taking a look at include: Hunter Mahan (30/1), Justin Rose (35/1), and Paul Casey (37/1). Mahan is in excellent form, Rose has been playing well and has contended before, and Casey has finished in the top 11 three times before at the Masters.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I doubt Tiger could win a fukkin Fall Series event right now let alone a major, guy is terrible, this is an awful bet.

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Can get him at +1150 on some of the exchanges. Was thinking of taking a shot on him this week but was expecting to get more of a return then that. Going to stay away from it like most here

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Stacocakes View Post
    Can get him at +1150 on some of the exchanges. Was thinking of taking a shot on him this week but was expecting to get more of a return then that. Going to stay away from it like most here
    Maybe they know something.......?

I like taking a shot on Phil, Tiger, and Mahan. Kaymer and Watney intriguing as well

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Tiger's not winning anymore majors.
    Yes he will no coin.

1234 ... Last