jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has always said he was testing his system

I never saw anywhere he won real money

He has been been pretty clear on that

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Sparky I will help you out since you dont listen well. 50 Points wont do shit....I said it was fake money from the get go. You must have a bankroll.
    Why not use a small bank roll go with real small bets though, and build real money over time. You could atleast get new tires that way?

instead of a 20,000 bankroll and 100/65/etc bets, you can go with 200 bank roll and 1.00/.65/etc

why havent u tried that?
    Last edited by sparkyasu; 04-04-11 at 05:30 PM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

lvbound lost all forum credibility with his "im quitting and moving to vegas" bullshit thread.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I have to say is this doesn't win. Although you don't have a traditional martingale system you were still betting after losses. Your sample size was very small and your average line had to be somewhere around -190 and you won like 70% which is not too far above expectation at such high lines. And it's very possible to run hot when you have so few games. Just face it man. You were betting the yankees at home. Do you realize how bad that is? That's just about the worst thing you can do in all of baseball betting. And to continue about your semi-chase thing: over such a small sample size you could see how it's likely you come out on top, right? You were betting a -200 so you'll most likely win that game. Then if you lost, you would bet again at -200(easier this way) and probably win. So if you said "I'm going to bet unless I lose twice in a row and stop when I win then.....You'd win bet 1 67% of the time and be up 1 unit. 33% of the time you'd bet the second game and win that 67%. So there's a 67% chance you'll be up 1 unit at the end of the series, a 22% chance you'd be down 1 unit at the end of the series, and an 11% chance you'd be down 4 units. Now you can see why over a small sample, you could(and almost should) elude that 11% and 22% and only have those occur at 2% and 7% respectively? Just think about it. If you bet a 99% proposition 50 times you should win 49.5 of them, but you have a 60.5% chance of winning all of them. You'll PROBABLY run above expected value when you bet a heavy favorite until your sample size is large.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

A supposed cop who gambles...bad news man...bad news

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

that's probly the smartest statement ever made on this forum. I really respect that you took the time to research and look at the data . I also believe that it's a small sample size that is 1 of the main reasons I did not move to vegas .if this wins a third year in a row then I might have to look into moving to vegas a bit more serious

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

what you think is a relevant sample size .I am averaging about 280 bets a year.how many bets before variance kicks in ?

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

it could technically be a bad bet .however how many years in a row must I win before I can consider it a winning system ?

sparkyasu

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    A supposed cop who gambles...bad news man...bad news
    cops know better than anyone, that if no one is gonna get arrested, its not a crime

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

it could technically be a bad bet .however how many years in a row must I win before I can consider it a winning system ?
    what you think is a relevant sample size .I am averaging about 280 bets a year.how many bets before variance kicks in ?
    I don't have the answers to those questions. You have a pungent undertone of invincibility which makes me believe you are going to stick to your guns no matter what we say. I just hope you can realize this isn't a winning system. For this year I realize two of the teams you plan to bet at home are Phi and Bos. If you can't understand why that's a horrible mistake then I don't think I, or anyone for that matter, can help you.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

stick to copping and

planting evidence on perps-driving drunk off duty-walking around like you own the world

leave the gambling to the big boys

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

this guy was begging for points a few weeks ago

do not ever quit your day job, you will end up living under a bridge

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    I don't have the answers to those questions. You have a pungent undertone of invincibility which makes me believe you are going to stick to your guns no matter what we say. I just hope you can realize this isn't a winning system. For this year I realize two of the teams you plan to bet at home are Phi and Bos. If you can't understand why that's a horrible mistake then I don't think I, or anyone for that matter, can help you.

No actually I am just curious? I just wasnt sure if I did this 3 years in a row, would you guys still say its a bad system? What about 4 years? I mean whats the answer I need a goal.

Also as far as PHI and BOS are concerned My eyes are on both those teams, due to the Juice you will have to pay. The Yankees always produced for me even with bad lines, so thats why I stuck with these guys.

I could see going move off one of these two as the year goes on.

sparkyasu

things change once you have to start laying down real money

how bout you make $1 before you claim you have a great system

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!

Sparky,

The first thing we agree about.

#1 I do try to treat it as much as real money as possible

#2 I am always scared the first time I bet this for real I will either go broke or have a heart attack by betting so big.

LOL

First 12