Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Final Four Games With Analysis

VCU +2.5

Simply put, I see this as a back and forth low scoring affair where the points may come in handy at the end. All of Butler's games have been very close so they don't mind playing these types of games. Both coaches will be prepared, and though I think Mack is the best player on the floor I don't know if he's seen a perimeter with as much depth from as defensive standpoint as VCU has right now in Rodriguez, Burgess, and Rozzell.

I expect Butler to go down low and pound it with Howard and Smith which should slow the tempo down a bit, but remember VCU held Kansas to 61 and Georgetown to 56 so playing these games under might benefit the VCU side. Like I said before I think Vegas can tip their hand on sides by where the total is set. If Rodriguez can get Smith in foul trouble this may turn into a shooting match and I like the Rams in that scenario as they just have more options.

VCU has absolutely nothing to lose at this point. Everyone expects Butler to win, and maybe they will. But I am taking the points here, since winning and covering are two different things.

Kentucky -2.5

I think it's easy to make a case for either side on this one but in the end it all comes down to matchups. Everyone will be talking about Walker, and rightfully so, the best player on the court today. But UConn is NOT a great offensive rebounding team, while Kentucky IS a good defensive rebounding team. That could be key. Neither team is going to create a huge amount of turnovers, but remembering how the Aztecs forced UConn into mistakes still stays with me. The Wildcats should do the same thing here. I think the Wildcats simply have more ways to win than UConn. They beat a bigger team in North Carolina, they can shoot the 3 better, and their FG defense is one of the best in the nation.

At the end of the day I think Calipari still has a lot to prove. His players, though young, are extremely talented, and have a more well-rounded game than I believe UConn has.

2-1 yesterday
    18-9 last month
    All posted in Player's Talk
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave Cougar Bait 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

I am also adding a good sized wager on White Sox -128. Edwin Jackson has nasty stuff, his problem has always been walks. Those are down over the course of the spring and I believe more time under Don Cooper has benefited him.

Good luck today

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I'm on the Chi Sox as weII Cougar. Good Iuck today.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Kentucky and angels ftw

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by DeeWizzle View Post
    I'm on the Chi Sox as weII Cougar. Good Iuck today.
    Good to have you on the same side today Wizzle

Can't wait for the next rap, that shit was awesome

Michael Ferro
    Michael Ferro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the final four write up. good luck today

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

i like VCU as well. but everything points to the under in this game. hate to take unders and watch the game but might do it. u15 3's is maybe even better than the under but its -130 right now

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Good write up. Im on VCU also.

0hndycp
    0hndycp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

I hate Calipari, and don't think he is half the coach as Calhoun! That being said I think they win today despite him, due to the athleticism of his kids.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I get nervous when on other side of Cougar

I like UConn and bet other side to get out of bet

Best of luck

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Everyone loves VCU and Kentucky...hesitant on VCU.

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

nice. hope you win the two plays. im on the same ones as well

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14344

gl tonight,, I hope they are good games.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like your write ups cougar. I agree on vcu. Kentucky and UCONN really is a toss up. I was on KY early in the week but honestly moved off of them only because it seems like everyone is there too. Taking UCONN and the points. Good luck.

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

This Final Four is so hard to cap, I see either Butler or VCU taking it same with UCONN and Kentucky. Prob will take Butler and UCONN myself though.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by nli07 View Post
    This Final Four is so hard to cap, I see either Butler or VCU taking it same with UCONN and Kentucky. Prob will take Butler and UCONN myself though.
    I agree with this... Should be some good games tho. Thanks for the write up Cougar!

suicideking08
    suicideking08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I'm on the WSox too, -125 is unbelievable value for this game. I'm on the opposite side of VCU though, Butler will keep them in check this game.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Good write up, like the plays.

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12452

I'm with you. Good luck Cougar Bait. Bet them Monday.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I totally agree with Kentucky, and although I don't necessarily disagree with the VCU play, I am on Under 134 there.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I totally agree with Kentucky, and although I don't necessarily disagree with the VCU play, I am on Under 134 there.
    I like the under as well, not posting as a play but I lean that way.

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

[quote=Cougar Bait;9464259]

Good to have you on the same side today Wizzle

Thanks again Coug. I'm workin on a few things right now...

Good Iuck on the pIays tonight. Not sure if I'II be on a side.

I'm back and forth so instead of fIipping a coin I asked my son. He said ButIer and Uconn and has Uconn cutting down the nets...

That's some soIid handicapping right there.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

With you on Kentucky but I love Butler today Cougar. VCU may cover though, I am taking Butler ML.

Good luck.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    VCU +2.5

Simply put, I see this as a back and forth low scoring affair where the points may come in handy at the end. All of Butler's games have been very close so they don't mind playing these types of games. Both coaches will be prepared, and though I think Mack is the best player on the floor I don't know if he's seen a perimeter with as much depth from as defensive standpoint as VCU has right now in Rodriguez, Burgess, and Rozzell.

I expect Butler to go down low and pound it with Howard and Smith which should slow the tempo down a bit, but remember VCU held Kansas to 61 and Georgetown to 56 so playing these games under might benefit the VCU side. Like I said before I think Vegas can tip their hand on sides by where the total is set. If Rodriguez can get Smith in foul trouble this may turn into a shooting match and I like the Rams in that scenario as they just have more options.

VCU has absolutely nothing to lose at this point. Everyone expects Butler to win, and maybe they will. But I am taking the points here, since winning and covering are two different things.

Kentucky -2.5

I think it's easy to make a case for either side on this one but in the end it all comes down to matchups. Everyone will be talking about Walker, and rightfully so, the best player on the court today. But UConn is NOT a great offensive rebounding team, while Kentucky IS a good defensive rebounding team. That could be key. Neither team is going to create a huge amount of turnovers, but remembering how the Aztecs forced UConn into mistakes still stays with me. The Wildcats should do the same thing here. I think the Wildcats simply have more ways to win than UConn. They beat a bigger team in North Carolina, they can shoot the 3 better, and their FG defense is one of the best in the nation.

At the end of the day I think Calipari still has a lot to prove. His players, though young, are extremely talented, and have a more well-rounded game than I believe UConn has.

2-1 yesterday
    18-9 last month
    All posted in Player's Talk
    great write-up

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Thanks Bobby

White Sox looking good. Would be nice to start 1-0 on the day

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

GL CB.

You got a bad # with VCU. 3.5 almost everywhere now.

mangina11
    mangina11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bol tonight, got the same picks

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Anyone have a link for these games?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Number didn't matter No Coin.

I could call BS on lots of those late calls but VCU missed a TON of easy baskets and had some turnovers late that cost them the game.

1-1 so far, need Kentucky for the profitable day.