Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

ORIOLES look like tremendous value today.......right????

+175?

Fishhead

I'm sure JJGOLD rates this game a complete tossup.......with perhaps a very slight edge to the RAYS side.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

down to +168 but vs. any LHP they should be ok since they have a dominant right hand hitting lineup. I"m not sold on the TB offense either...... add to that the shaky bullpen and you might get some good value vs. the RAYS during the month of April

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    down to +168 but vs. any LHP they should be ok since they have a dominant right hand hitting lineup. I"m not sold on the TB offense either...... add to that the shaky bullpen and you might get some good value vs. the RAYS during the month of April

Still lots of +175's out there.............

Who knows, it may go higher..........but I doubt it, as it is moving in a downward trend currently.

PINNY
    03/31 09:28 +175 / -187
    04/01 01:24 +173 / -185
    04/01 08:57 +171 / -182

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

record on following 0-1 --- I'll pass---good luck

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

FH, what's your opinion of the 1 RL? Meaning, creating it yourself by betting some on the ML and some on the RL. So if your team wins/loses by 1 run, depending whether your getting a run or giving one, you push.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    record on following 0-1 --- I'll pass---good luck

However, longterm you will be well ahead of the game taking my sides and/or leans................

However, a NO PLAY is always ok in my book............bet with your head, not over it, and you are doing just that and that's very smart.

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I think the Orioles will steal a lot of games this year as +Money guys but not today.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    +175?
    YES

Fisher I was thinking same thing.

Line is getting steamed, rays not really same team. I may Jump on this

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    FH, what's your opinion of the 1 RL? Meaning, creating it yourself by betting some on the ML and some on the RL. So if your team wins/loses by 1 run, depending whether your getting a run or giving one, you push.

Yes, I will be on the RL in this affair as well.........but to lesser degree than the moneyline.

Enjoy the game, heck, I may even attend this fiasco in person.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    YES

Fisher I was thinking same thing.

Line is getting steamed, rays not really same team. I may Jump on this

Many experts have the O's finishing ahead of the RAYS this season..............

The one big worry, MANRAMS debut in Tampa........and I expect him to do considerable damage.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Not anymore

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Yes, I will be on the RL in this affair as well.........but to lesser degree than the moneyline. Enjoy the game, heck, I may even attend this fiasco in person.
    Ok, I was asking more in terms of its use throughout the season, but agree that the RL is a decent play in this one as well.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Not anymore

Why?

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Not anymore
    BetJam, Greek, RW all still have +175

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

Price owns the O's Fish,where is the value?

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

You do realize future cy young David Price is on the mound who has been absolutely unhittable at Trop not to mention its Opening Day there

Orioles will cash plus money many times this year but not today!

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    You do realize future cy young David Price is on the mound who has been absolutely unhittable at Trop not to mention its Opening Day there

Orioles will cash plus money many times this year but not today!
    Why mention this.......means very, very little.

This is a new year, yes Price is great, that's why the big price.

To big a price in my opinion.

Fishhead

The 2011 edition of the RAYS are a much worse defensive team than the 2010 version..............losing Crawford, Bartlett, and Pena.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

i am taking a shot here...always do with the O's.

gl

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Orioles were best team in baseball last year the last 2 months

Solid Play

Fishhead

Mar, 4, 2011
    Five reasons for Orioles optimism in 2011

By MATT VENSEL / The Baltimore Sun

The Baltimore Orioles have given Baltimore 13 straight seasons of losing baseball, a streak that would make them the laughingstock of the major leagues if not for that train wreck of an organization in Pittsburgh. There still has been plenty of giggling at the Orioles' expense since 1997, but for the first time in what feels like a long time, people are taking the Orioles seriously heading into 2011.
    In the short-term, most Orioles fans have defined success as 82-plus victories. Once that happens, they will worry about long-term goals such as playoff contention, division titles and World Series championships. Well, after the city throws a ticker-tape parade celebrating a winning season, that is.
    Will this be the summer the Orioles break .500? In this week's Five for Friday post, I will highlight the five biggest reasons to be optimistic that the Orioles will get it done in 2011 (you better start planning that parade, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake).
    5. A lineup without holes: The Orioles might not have the middle-of-the-lineup firepower that the Yankees and Red Sox have. But on paper, they now have a complete lineup from top to bottom that should make the offense significantly more formidable than a year ago when the Orioles finished 27th in runs. Gone are the easy outs from players such as Julio Lugo and Cesar Izturis - well, Izturis' easy outs will be on the bench - after the Orioles brought in Mark Reynolds, Vladimir Guerrero, Derrek Lee and J.J. Hardy. So plan on making fewer beer runs and bathroom breaks when the Orioles are up to bat this season.
    4. Vlad the Impaler: The Orioles weren't able to buy a big bat that keeps fearful pitchers awake at night, but in Guerrero, they have a veteran slugger in the clean-up spot that opponents will be very wary of. Guerrero batted .300 with 29 homers, 115 RBI and a .496 slugging percentage for the Rangers last year (this is a post about optimism, so let's ignore that only nine of those homers came after the All-Star break). If the 36-year-old can give the Orioles 80 percent of that production in the No. 4 spot in the order, they will be very satisfied.
    3. The relative health of Roberts: Brian Roberts, the Orioles' leadoff hitter, played in just 59 games in 2010 because of a herniated disk in his back, and the offense struggled without its catalyst. The return of Roberts in late July was a significant factor in the Orioles' strong finish in 2010. He gets on base, makes things happen on the base paths and, most importantly, sets the tone for the rest of the lineup with his epic-long at-bats. Roberts gave the team a scare last week when he missed three days of practice with a stiff neck, but it appears to big no deal at the moment. If he's healthy and productive, there will be a trickle-down effect throughout the lineup.
    2. The most interesting manager in the world: Buck Showalter scared the Orioles into playing good baseball when he arrived in August, quickly becoming a cult hero with his signature scowl, no-nonsense approach and a bunch of wins. The Orioles went 34-23 under Showalter, and his history suggests that the trend will continue.
    1. The young starting rotation: Viewed as a vulnerability by some baseball insiders, the Orioles rotation should be a huge reason for optimism for 2011 and beyond. Young starters Brian Matusz, Jake Arrieta and Brad Bergesen pitched very well under Showalter - it's that mystical, mythical Buck effect - and at least one of them will ascent to stardom this season (my money is on Matusz). Meanwhile, enigmatic Chris Tillman and talented lefty prospect Zach Britton will be waiting in the wings should one fatigue or falter. And let's not forget about Jeremy Guthrie, who is miscast as an ace, but is still a pretty good pitcher who would benefit from a bump in run support. The Orioles' hopes rest on the arms of their starters, and I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Orioles were best team in baseball last year the last 2 months

Solid Play
    ....and they add Vlady and Lee to the lineup.

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

rays will win by 2+ runs, but good luck on your play, I'm not touchin this game. I think people are hyping up the Orioles too much, if this was in May, and the Orioles were playin .500 or slightly above ball, I'd be all over this too!

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Nah - rays will roll here

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I remember making a play on the Orioles in one of their first few games last season (coincidentally in Tampa Bay as well) only to get burned by Mike Gonzalez 9th inning antics. I think I will sit this one out. And take an opinion on the O's after they get back to Camden and start selling Natty Boh again.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Ill bite the orioles small for some fun. I really dig this O's team this year. They are looking to make a statement, and beating Price today and accomplishing a series win against Tampa, could really give them that early season energy.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    Ill bite the orioles small for some fun. I really dig this O's team this year. They are looking to make a statement, and beating Price today and accomplishing a series win against Tampa, could really give them that early season energy.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Just put $500.00 on the O's at +175, no big deal. GL all

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Just put $500.00 on the O's at +175, no big deal. GL all

Where at?

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

Forum buriel part deux.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

under

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

b4 season starts i was planing of playing Os, i think this team make the al wild card, behind BOS. gl

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    b4 season starts i was planing of playing Os, i think this team make the al wild card, behind BOS. gl

123 Last