CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Every fan has an opinion of LeBron, but I wonder if anyone has actually met him and had an actual conversation. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't look at you and say "Fuk off you're beneath me."
    As for Kobe being the greatest There is no greatest. It's sport, no one player can ever be the end all be all unless they prevail in every single stat category as #1 which Kobe has not and will never because no player will ever. If you were going to name one according to that algorithm the closest to #1 would be Wilt Chamberlain anyway.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    No offence guys but this shows how retarded american can be sometimes. I have absolutely nothing with basketball. But treating such a great sportsman like this. Glad, this doesnt happen with great sportsmen where i live.

About promising a championship. Just big time LOL, which great player didnt do that. It is just something the fans want to here. The hate about the show Lebron made out of his departure. That is even more retarded. Americans just like the show and the drama and thus, the people get what they want. I was in the US during the announcement. The show was just embarassing. But again americans like to make a show out of everything and then hate on it, just puzzles me.

I can understand Lebron completely. At some point in time you had enough of the booing. I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of coming out.

What if lebron announces to quit? Is that what lebron haters want? Great, watching mediocre players.
    Yeah, If Lebron quit, nobody would watch basketball anymore because all we'd have left is mediocre players.

LOL, some real dumb ass posts in this thread

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    No, I know that, I've seen this. I mean I'm sure he's said it before (when he joined the team @ 19), that's obviously the mindset of every single player who graces any NBA team.

As for his mom, yes I heard that rumor, but who really knows? The public has such an appetite for bullsh!t they could say anybody slept with his mother/wife/girlfriend/mistress/accountant and a half the NBA fans without knowing anything about it would say it's true because they like that drama... NBA on TNT, We know drama.
    what are you talking about with 19yrs old crap? He said it a few months before the decision when everyone was begging the question everyday over the last two years

Dozens of nba sources said the rumor is true and no one would deny it besides delonte and lebrons people. TNT/ESPN/TV didnt want to talk it about cause of pissing off lebron
    Last edited by sparkyasu; 03-31-11 at 01:16 PM.

sparkyasu

As for Kobe being the greatest There is no greatest. It's sport, no one player can ever be the end all be all unless they prevail in every single stat category as #1 which Kobe has not and will never because no player will ever. If you were going to name one according to that algorithm the closest to #1 would be Wilt Chamberlain anyway.
    your an idiot. Jordan is clearly the greatest.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyasu View Post
    your an idiot. Jordan is clearly the greatest.
    Really? Is that what the stats say? No, they say it's Wilt Chamberlain. The game isn't about fame or finesse. It's about numbers.

chantrain

Really? Is that what the stats say? No, they say it's Wilt Chamberlain. The game isn't about fame or finesse. It's about numbers.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wilt Chamberlain played in a fast-paced NBA era, where numbers were inflated. You really know nothing about basketball because Michael Jordan was clearly the greatest to ever play the game, He might be the greatest athlete to play any game, EVER. not just NBA.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wilt Chamberlain played in a fast-paced NBA era, where numbers were inflated. You really know nothing about basketball because Michael Jordan was clearly the greatest to ever play the game, He might be the greatest athlete to play any game, EVER. not just NBA.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Did you really just make a comparison to a basketball player being the greatest athlete of all time inclusive of all sports? You really know nothing about sports. Your answer is obviously an opinion, not a universal truth. Apparently you never saw Michael's stint as a baseball player LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes he was an amazing player and one of the absolute best in the NBA but to call him the greatest athlete of all time is ridiculous. There is no basis and will never be one for that kind of title until an athlete plays all sports. Why don't you start with someone like Jim Thorpe or Bo Jackson who could excel in multiple sports.

chantrain

because excelling in multiple sports is not a priority for my criteria. People lile muhammed ali for example are often ranked in top 5 or top 3 of greatest athletes to ever have lived despite only playing one sport. Michael Jordan is a perennial number 1 choice for such lists.

Jordan is the all-time greatest NBA player ever. There are statistical arguments people make for people like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain, but the fact is that those people played in a different sort of NBA where stats become inflated due to pace of game. Jordan dominated in a time where competition in the NBA was at an all-time high. Bill Russel dominated at a time when competition was at a low point. Wilt, similarly, never had to deal with the 90's NBA.

sparkyasu

dumbass. Its not about the stats.

chantrain

whatever dude, if you don't want to believe that Jordan is the GOAT, I'm not going to try and convince you. Believe whatever you want...

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    That creature is a lowlife and cheap scumbag. No class and no brains.
    Lol @ the creature reference, but I digress... This.

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone hates lebron. and always will.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

If you took a prop bet on Miami to win less than 70 games, you would love LeBron.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

dumbass. Its not about the stats.
    What's it about then? LOL you only insult in your answers and give no conclusions.

Chantrain I respect your opinion and that you actually state your criteria and I agree that Jordan was amazing. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the term "Greatest of All Time" was originally an Ali reference.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

CLEARLY..........these are the best players at their positions in NBA history:
    Center: Abdul-Jabbar (Wilt is a close second)
    Forward: Elgin Baylor
    Forward: James Worthy (he was a 3, but for this post we'll just include two 3's because I want to)
    SG: Kobe Bryant
    PG: Magic Johnson

sparkyasu

What's it about then? LOL you only insult in your answers and give no conclusions.

Chantrain I respect your opinion and that you actually state your criteria and I agree that Jordan was amazing. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the term "Greatest of All Time" was originally an Ali reference.
    how do your stats incorporate rule changes? Let jordan play with no handchecking, his numbers would sky rocket, and there goes wilts ppg record. Make Wilt play in a later era and he wouldnt be as dominate, wilt got tons of easy baskets by commiting lane violations on all his free throws. Chamberlain always camped out on defense, and would be called on it every possesion in the any later era.
    Last edited by sparkyasu; 03-31-11 at 02:35 PM.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

how do your stats incorporate rule changes? Let jordan play with no handchecking, his numbers would sky rocket, and there goes wilts ppg record. Make Wilt play in a later era and he wouldnt be as dominate, wilt got tons of easy baskets by commiting lane violations on all his free throws. Chamberlain always camped out on defense, and would be called on it every possesion in the any later era.
    I see your point, but I don't think comparing era's is possible because of the discrepancy in quality of things like nutrition, training methods, speed of game, rules, etc... If MJ was born 30 years earlier, there's no way to tell how great he might be, but the same principle applies to if Wilt if he was born 30 years later. I would say it would be a toss up because it's a hypothetical question, they were both so dominant during their respective times. Kind of like Wilt was the MJ of his era, and MJ was the Wilt of his era, in terms of being so accomplished in all facets of the game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I see your point, but I don't think comparing era's is possible because of the discrepancy in quality of things like nutrition, training methods, speed of game, rules, etc... If MJ was born 30 years earlier, there's no way to tell how great he might be, but the same principle applies to if Wilt if he was born 30 years later. I would say it would be a toss up because it's a hypothetical question, they were both so dominant during their respective times. Kind of like Wilt was the MJ of his era, and MJ was the Wilt of his era, in terms of being so accomplished in all facets of the game.
    Maybe you should actually watch film of Wilt chamberlain play instead of looking at the stats before making all these statements...

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Maybe you should actually watch film of Wilt chamberlain play instead of looking at the stats before making all these statements...
    I have watched the film. I'm saying there's a huge difference between being born 80 years ago growing up into a game in the 50's and being born into what is a completely different game now in modern day. There's no way to tell if MJ would have had the same style and flair for the game in the 50's and 60's (if born in the 30's) as he did playing during the 80's and 90's (having been born in '63). Obviously this is delving into nature vs nurture and the effects of an environment and specific time period on athletic physiology, which are profound.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I have watched the film. I'm saying there's a huge difference between being born 80 years ago growing up into a game in the 50's and being born into what is a completely different game now in modern day. There's no way to tell if MJ would have had the same style and flair for the game in the 50's and 60's (if born in the 30's) as he did playing during the 80's and 90's (having been born in '63). Obviously this is delving into nature vs nurture and the effects of an environment and specific time period on athletic physiology, which are profound.
    I don't agree because I feel Wilt Chamberlain did not have the talent to be a superstar in a modern league while a guy like Oscar Robertson it is clearly evident that he had natural basketball talent. Wilt Chamberlain was no where near as talented as Oscar Robertson and I don't even think its close

sparkyasu

WOW. Talk about a reach. You are now discrediting your own system. You say an alogrithm would prove wilt is the greatest ever is, and now you say you can't compare different eras. Would you agree comparing stats in different eras is worthless?

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't agree because I feel Wilt Chamberlain did not have the talent to be a superstar in a modern league while a guy like Oscar Robertson it is clearly evident that he had natural basketball talent. Wilt Chamberlain was no where near as talented as Oscar Robertson and I don't even think its close
    I can't argue with that. Oscar Robertson definitely had a better grasp of how to create a whole offense with the ball. I think a lot of Wilt's success does come from his rather unique role as a pure physical specimen in a time when big men weren't really the norm, but I still can't deny his scoring ability. Robertson did pave the way though for what we know as star guards like MJ or Kobe.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

WOW. Talk about a reach. You are now discrediting your own system. You say an alogrithm would prove wilt is the greatest ever is, and now you say you can't compare different eras. Would you agree comparing stats in different eras is worthless?
    I said "If you were going to name one according to that algorithm (from the stats we currently have from history) the closest to #1 would be Wilt Chamberlain anyway." And that's true, it's simple mathematical averaging across statistical figures. You're argument was the difference in era, that is what's known as a hypothetical. A hypothetical question can never be proven, we can't transport Wilt to the future or MJ to the past. What we do have are the stats, the rest is speculation. That was my point. As far as comparing stats in different eras being worthless? Maybe, but then you could argue talent in different eras is worthless as well. Would Babe Ruth be able to hit 60 HR's off Greg Maddux? Would Barry Bonds hit 70 against Walter Johnson? Changing eras changes so many relevant variables. This is why my argument was based according to stats, the only thing we have which isn't idle speculation. It's just science.

sparkyasu

I said "If you were going to name one according to that algorithm (from the stats we currently have from history) the closest to #1 would be Wilt Chamberlain anyway." And that's true, it's simple mathematical averaging across statistical figures. You're argument was the difference in era, that is what's known as a hypothetical. A hypothetical question can never be proven, we can't transport Wilt to the future or MJ to the past. What we do have are the stats, the rest is speculation. That was my point. As far as comparing stats in different eras being worthless? Maybe, but then you could argue talent in different eras is worthless as well. Would Babe Ruth be able to hit 60 HR's off Greg Maddux? Would Barry Bonds hit 70 against Walter Johnson? Changing eras changes so many relevant variables. This is why my argument was based according to stats, the only thing we have which isn't idle speculation. It's just science.
    Saying someone is the greatest because of their stats is one of the stupidest things. Its totally irrelevant. It's not science.

FreeHainsworth
    Update your status
    FreeHainsworth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

You can't compare stats from players in differant eras, in any sport.

Team Ramrod
    Team Ramrod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lebron is a douche.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

maybe he was actually pooping, probably his excuse for them losing

First 123