ultra_vision
    ultra_vision's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two teams with enough history to fill several books will meet in what is sure to be a packed Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali tonight.
    Pakistan and India have been fierce rivals on and off the field, with the political wars that have raged over Kashmir the catalyst for bad blood between the two nations for many years.
    Security has been increased ahead of their World Cup semi-final clash, which will be Pakistan's first match on Indian soil since the 2008 Mumbai bombings.
    The reminder that it is a cricket match was sent out by Pakistan team manager Intikham Alam who recently stated: "We have come here to play cricket. This is not a war field."
    Tensions will be running high as the two sides battle for the right to play Sri Lanka in the final and the chance to win a second World Cup title.
    While India have been favourites for this tournament it is Pakistan who, along with Sri Lanka, were the most impressive team through the group stage.
    Pakistan ended Australia's 34-game winning streak, before India knocked the defending champions out in the quarter-finals. Shahid Afridi's men looked more impressive in their defeat of Australia.
    India's form has been scratchy and the tie with England and the loss to South Africa hardly look like good form. But they do have the added motivation of wanting to give Sachin Tendulkar a World Cup title in what is likely to be his last tournament.
    Pakistan will rely heavily upon their spinners, especially Afridi. Pakistan's captain is the leading wicket taker for the tournament and will be keen to help his side over their biggest rivals. His battle with the likes of Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh is likely to be pivotal.
    The biggest battle for Pakistan could be with history, as in four attempts they have never beaten India in a World Cup. This may be one of their best opportunities to change that statistic.
    Key Players:
    India - Yuvraj Singh: The skilled middle-order batsman has had plenty of ups and downs throughout his career, but this World Cup has definitely been a success. Yuvraj has an average of 144 and a strike rate of 86 with the bat at this World Cup, and he also averages 48 for his career against Pakistan. However his average on this, his home ground, is just 23.
    This tournament also saw Yuvraj also became the first left-arm spinner to take five wickets in a World Cup match when India beat Ireland.
    Pakistan - Kamran Akmal: The old adage 'catches win matches' so often rings true and in big matches there is almost always one which can turn the course of a game.
    Early on in this tournament Pakistan was considering dropping Akmal, so poor was the standard of his keeping. Since then he has improved dramatically, but the fear and the technical holes in his wicket-keeping still exist. Pakistan fans would have to be nervous, especially if the likes of Tendulkar or Virendar Sehwag knick one.
    What Akmal has excelled at is opening the batting and getting Pakistan off to a quick start. Against a bowler like Zaheer Khan that skill will be key.
    Path to the quarters:
    India: def Bangladesh by 87 runs, tied with England, def Ireland by five wickets, def Netherlands by five wickets, lost to South Africa by three wickets, def West Indies by 80 runs, def Australia by five wickets.
    Pakistan: def Kenya by 205 runs, def Sri Lanka by 11 runs, def Canada by 46 runs, lost to New Zealand by 110 runs, def Zimbabwe by seven wickets, def Australia by four wickets, def West Indies by ten wickets.
    Last ten: Five victories each.
    At Mohali: India have won 55 percent of all matches here, while Pakistan have won one third of theirs.
    Prediction: Pakistan to record a famous victory

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    I can get -165 at 5Dimes...jeesus am I going to get talked into betting this shit?

Is the line not over -200 cause of the respect for rivalry, when Pakis are really overrmatched?
    That's what I believe, yes. And because at -175 you are more likely to get even money on both sides.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    This comes down to India's batting advantage versus Pakistan's bowling advantage. To quote ESPNcricinfo: "In this World Cup, India have the better average (39.46) and run-rate (5.89) than Pakistan, who average 33.13 and score at 5.07. No Pakistani batsman has scored a century in this World Cup so far, while there have been five centuries for India in their seven matches. Three of India's batsmen figure among the top ten run-getters in the World Cup, whereas Umar Akmal, Pakistan's top scorer does not figure in the top 20. Pakistan have been the better bowling side by far, though. They have an excellent economy rate (4.11) and average (19.95). While there have been two four-wicket hauls for Indian bowlers, all four of Pakistan's four-wicket hauls have been taken by Afridi. Shoaib Akhtar hasn't been at his best in the World Cup, but Pakistan might still risk him given his record against India - 41 wickets at 26.78. For India, Zaheer Khan, with17 wickets at an average of 16.23 in the tournament, has been the best bowler. Yuvraj Singh has been highly successful with 11 wickets at 24.63. On the other hand, the experienced Harbhajan Singh has had a very ordinary time, with six wickets at an average of nearly 50." Pakistan had a much easier set of group matches, and their bowling figures were flattered by Canada, Kenya and the West Indies quarter final collapse. Pakistan also had a batting collapse against New Zealand, and - Canada??? India are 4-0 against Pakistan in world cup matches and Pakistan have a history of batting collapses. Pakistan can win on their day, but I say if this game is played 10 times, India wins 7 of them, therefore getting odds of -175 on India is good value to me, as I look it at like (0.7*1-0.3*1.75) = 0.175 x UNITS bet. If Pakistan win the toss and bat first and can put up a good total, say 270+ I'd make them favourites to win by the 2nd innings. Any other scenario and I think it's going to be a long night for Pakistan supporters. So biggest bet of the world cup for me on this game, $600 to win $330 on India.
    i said this was a toss up but u convinced me to put money on india, better team wins

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    most of the stuff is right but Pakistans group matches were not easy, they did beat sri lanka who is in the finals right now and they did beat australia, both pools had almost even matchups
    It was the relative difficulty of the group matches I was referring to, even the second rung teams on India's side (Ireland and the Netherlands) had to be taken at least moderately seriously.

ultra_vision

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    i said this was a toss up but u convinced me to put money on india, better team wins
    it is a toss-up and why wouldnt you take the better odds

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_vision View Post
    it is a toss-up and why wouldnt you take the better odds
    how did taking nz work out?

exactly, pick the winner and u aint gotta worry about better odds
    Points Awarded:

PAYTON20 gave onetrickpony 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ultra_vision

how did taking nz work out? exactly, pick the winner and u aint gotta worry about better odds
    it was worth the risk.... but you back who you want mate

ultra_vision

how did taking nz work out? exactly, pick the winner and u aint gotta worry about better odds
    also tell me one reason why india should be favs apart from winning last 5 world cup matches v paki, paki had better test comeing through group stages

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

also tell me one reason why india should be favs apart from winning last 5 world cup matches v paki, paki had better test comeing through group stages
    Why shouldnt they be favorites? They are playing at home, their batting lineup is solid and they have been consistent.

onetrickpony

if india bats 1st and puts up 300+ which is very likely at home, u really think paki can counter? if paki puts up a decent 200-250 india can easily come back and beat that, paki would need to bat first and have india make mistakes batting

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

I'm on India

ultra_vision

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    This thread is a classic example how clueless and ignorant Americans can be.
    my point exacly wonder what they will be saying when paki win " the game was fixed"

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

India could be in flames if they lose to pakis and they are at home in a spot for redemption from 2007.

Or choke?
    Last edited by Sunde91; 03-30-11 at 02:45 AM.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

India has to win or players lives will be on the line

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

India india india !!!!!!!!!!!

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    India has to win or players lives will be on the line
    Yes, they dont take kindly to losses like this.
    I remember they were burning the captains picture in protests or something after a loss couple of years ago.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Let's go all in on India and win from the SBR Book.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

if india bats 1st and puts up 300+ which is very likely at home, u really think paki can counter? if paki puts up a decent 200-250 india can easily come back and beat that, paki would need to bat first and have india make mistakes batting
    India will not put up 300 + . i will bet you any amount on this. 230-250 is far more likely. remember this paki side is known for their bowling.

if india bats first it will be a huge advantage

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

i just bet india . 100 bucks . locked in ...

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

crazy amount of money being bet on this match at betfair.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    i just bet india . 100 bucks . locked in ...

TRone
    TRone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

This match really should be closer to even. They both have similar talent, although the stats through the WC don't show it. Both squads will be playing as if their life depended on it. Value is definitely with Pakistan with the odds that are available. I'm just betting on India with betpoints because I will be routing for the team. I really hope that India can finally bring a WC title home after all these years.

TRone
    TRone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

If the Pakistanis win this, I hope there is enough security in Mohali to guide their safe escape. This match should be played in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh, more neutral ground. Their are a lot of crazy Hindu extremists in India that would love to take out the Pakistan team. Anyway, let's go India for the win. Fanaticism for cricket in India is just as crazy as it gets for fans of any sport.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

I love it when it's win or die. More motivation. I know the fukkers won't be jacking off out there

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    I love it when it's win or die. More motivation. I know the fukkers won't be jacking off out there
    this might be literally a win or die situation

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by TRone View Post
    If the Pakistanis win this, I hope there is enough security in Mohali to guide their safe escape. This match should be played in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh, more neutral ground. Their are a lot of crazy Hindu extremists in India that would love to take out the Pakistan team. Anyway, let's go India for the win. Fanaticism for cricket in India is just as crazy as it gets for fans of any sport.
    Im sure they will have enough security, they had dogs sniff the whole ground this morning.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

this might be literally a win or die situation

ultra_vision

Maybe they kill india when they loose

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pakistan can cause an upset agianst any team, but I don't think today is the day. India FTW!!!!!!!

Final is going to be an epic game!

Good luck all!

I am on India myself, but only if the odd is better than 1.6.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Are they still playing or did they go for lunch?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

break tiem 30 min

Toronto-boy
    Toronto-boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11011

me too im on India side

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Match in balance right now. A wicket here and Pakistan will be in trouble.

Tendulkar is a ******* legend, eh?

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    Pakistan can cause an upset agianst any team, but I don't think today is the day. India FTW!!!!!!!

Final is going to be an epic game!

Good luck all!

I am on India myself, but only if the odd is better than 1.6.
    Looks like any win for India!

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Let's go all in on India and win from the SBR Book.
    I wanted all of us to win here.

First 123 Last